System Requirements?

Anyone know the system requirements for Puzzle Agent?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    PC System Requirements:

Operating system: Windows XP / Vista
    Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
    Memory: 512MB (1GB rec.) Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device
    Video: 64MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)
    DirectX™: Version 9.0c or better

Mac System Requirements:

Operating system: Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    Not recommended for: Macs with integrated graphics

-]Source
  • edited May 2010
    On the Mac this excludes a lot of systems. I wonder if this is more meant torwards the Intel gfx or if it also applies to the nVidia chips, especially the more recent ones.
  • edited May 2010
    PC System Requirements:

Mac System Requirements:

-]Source

Thanks for that :)
  • SegSeg
    edited May 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    On the Mac this excludes a lot of systems. I wonder if this is more meant torwards the Intel gfx or if it also applies to the nVidia chips, especially the more recent ones.
    Just the Intel GMA's are integrated cards and therefor don't fit the specs.

The nVidia cards are not integrated cards and are OK to run Puzzle Agent and any other Telltale Game.
  • edited May 2010
    A large part of Apple's gfx are based on integrated nVidia solutions like the 9400M earlier and now the 320M. They perform much better than Intel's chip but obviously also not as well as dedicated gfx chips. As these chips are widely used in the Apple world and capable to a certain degree, it somehow seems wise supporting them, so is the game meant to run on those fine or not?

From Apple's site, for instance from the new 13 inch Mac Book Pro:

*snip*
    The 13-inch MacBook Pro features the new NVIDIA GeForce 320M integrated graphics processor with 48 processing cores — three times as many as before. The result? The fastest integrated graphics on the market and a performance boost of up to 80 percent over the previous generation.3 That makes a huge difference when you’re using 3D games and graphics-intensive applications. And when you’re not, you’ll benefit from a new energy-efficient architecture that uses up to 40 percent less power for everyday tasks like writing email and surfing the web. It’s so efficient, in fact, that you can now get up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge.4
    *snap*
  • edited May 2010
    PC System Requirements:

Mac System Requirements:

-]Source

That means I probably could play this game on PC fine.
    Why telltale give me the option to not use the PC on a game I can play, but on a game where my PC barely can run, I dont get an option either suck it up or but a PS3/Ipad. Why telltale why.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    That means I probably could play this game on PC fine.
    Why telltale give me the option to not use the PC on a game I can play, but on a game where my PC barely can run, I dont get an option either suck it up or but a PS3/Ipad. Why telltale why.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but if you mean Macintosh when you say Telltale doesn't give you the option to not use the PC, The Devil's Playhouse is available for Mac too. The Macintosh version is available to download in your games list right alongside the PC version if you buy from Telltale's Store. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but if you mean Macintosh when you say Telltale doesn't give you the option to not use the PC, The Devil's Playhouse is available for Mac too. The Macintosh version is available to download in your games list right alongside the PC version if you buy from Telltale's Store. :)

I ment I thought it was ironic that when the devils playhouse came out, my only option was PC since I dont own a mac/ipad/ps3 and I cant play it on pc that well(can play it but really choppy but I really dont care anymore) then when puzzle agent comes out, I can play it on PC, yet I get the option for Wii when I really needed that for sam and max(or xbox for that matter).
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I ment I thought it was ironic that when the devils playhouse came out, my only option was PC since I dont own a mac/ipad/ps3 and I cant play it on pc that well(can play it but really choppy but I really dont care anymore) then when puzzle agent comes out, I can play it on PC, yet I get the option for Wii when I really needed that for sam and max(or xbox for that matter).
    The Wii and Xbox 360 didn't get the first two seasons of Sam & Max right away either. The Devil's Playhouse will probably come to those systems at a later date. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    The Wii and Xbox 360 didn't get the first two seasons of Sam & Max right away either. The Devil's Playhouse will probably come to those systems at a later date. :)

True, but its too late for me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.