Season 3 Steam Icons

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
steamxf.th.jpg

Who is responsible to make and design the icons in Steam Library, Telltale or Steam? Please redo the Season 3 icons. As you see, Season 1 and 2 have perfectly nice designs with titles. What happened to season 3? No proper work and design? :confused:

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I guess they have other top priorities right now. Like helping the guys that have problems with the new episode and making the next episode.
    The Icons will most certainly be changed over time (just noticed the great icons for SBCG4AP in grid view).
  • edited May 2010
    Priorities is not such a great excuse. It's just an icon. Do the job correctly and professionally like all the other games in my list who were correct from day 1.
  • edited May 2010
    I believe Valve actually makes those icons, if you must know.
  • edited May 2010
    Ok, if it's them I will contact them.
  • edited May 2010
    Zodler wrote: »
    Priorities is not such a great excuse. It's just an icon. Do the job correctly and professionally like all the other games in my list who were correct from day 1.

You don't have a lot of games then.
    There was a thread in the forum for the design-beta full with games that were missing icons (including SBCG4AP and a LOT of others on my list).
    Some have gotten Icons but 2 of the are still without a proper picture.

(Sin Episodes: Emergence and The Ship Tutorial)
  • edited May 2010
    302Steam.PNG
    302Steamv2.PNG

Also, the game only appears in my Recently Played list and not in my All Games list.
  • edited May 2010
    It's in my All Games List

But yeah, the icon is lame.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes I made a topic here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16855
    you can continue there so Telltale sees them all.

Also write to Telltale support. I also wrote them and no response yet.
  • edited May 2010
    Also write to Telltale support. I also wrote them and no response yet.

if you did not even get an automated response you might not be able to get emails from them.
    And most importantly: they have a lot of support requests right now. This is not helping one bit.
  • edited May 2010
    This is not helping one bit.
    What the ... are you talking about? What is not helping a bit?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    We sent over some new art yesterday and will keep a closer eye on this moving forward :) The Steam guys put the existing ones together from what art they had, but we've now done a clean-up pass on them. They should be sparkly and new soon.

Zodler I replied to your support ticket twice and received no response from you! Your email address is insane -- it's a Yahoo address filled with almost random looking numbers (something like [numbersnumbersnumbers]forums@yahoo.com. Is that crazy thing the address you check?
  • edited May 2010
    Thank you.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, strange, I have not received anything from you. I have a paid yahoo email account and when you pay, you can make disposable addresses for countering spams. So whenever I send emails to websites, I use my disposable addresses.

Now that you mention it, I have not received your newsletters in a while also.

I have to ask this, have you also replied in the past about the option to remove the joystick icon? Because I also sent you an email about that! ;)
  • edited May 2010
    The icons are not still incorporated. When will they be added? Does it take weeks?

It would be nice to have them while we are actually playing the episode and also it’s supporting the people who buy early and pay the full price.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    I don't know the status of the icons other than they have been made.

As for hiding the joystick icon, it's unlikely, especially mid-season. I will inquire about it when we get to the end, for the DVD release, but again, I can't promise anything.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »

As for hiding the joystick icon, it's unlikely, especially mid-season. I will inquire about it when we get to the end, for the DVD release, but again, I can't promise anything.

I'd like it if the mouse were constrained to a small circle around the joystick while using it also, the way it was constrained in TMI, but with the superior visual representation of the joystick. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I'd like it if the mouse were constrained to a small circle around the joystick while using it also, the way it was constrained in TMI, but with the superior visual representation of the joystick. :)

I vote against that. When I was playing ToMI in windowed mode, constraining it would cause the mouse to spasm really annoyingly.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »

I'm continualy amazed how super nice are you guys. Have you be super nice to work there?
  • edited May 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    I vote against that. When I was playing ToMI in windowed mode, constraining it would cause the mouse to spasm really annoyingly.

Who plays anything in windowed mode? :p
  • PsyPsy
    edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I'm continualy amazed how super nice are you guys. Have you be super nice to work there?
    Not everyone here is as nice as Jake! The evil gnomes that work here are really mean :(
  • edited May 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    Not everyone here is as nice as Jake! The evil gnomes that work here are really mean :(

That link you posted got me interested in this new game very much, looks like Puzzle Agent is a very creativ game.

Definately buying, thanks for the link mate :)
  • edited May 2010

*Awwww, poor baby!* Seriously, you gonna let a couple of gnomes take away your MAN? (I'm using man as an adjective, if you weren't sure)
  • edited May 2010
    Says SHODAN.

Somehow I ain't buying it :p.
  • edited May 2010
    Wootman wrote: »
    302Steam.PNG
    302Steamv2.PNG

Also, the game only appears in my Recently Played list and not in my All Games list.

Yeah , and it appeas only in recent game slike a demo, not in our all gamesowned list.
    Its certainly annoyning , Can Either TT or Valve do something about that!?
  • edited May 2010

What? Did They do something after you trapped them inside the Snack Machine? (Who has the great idea to hire gnomes? Oh wait...)
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Who plays anything in windowed mode? :p

It works better in windowed mode for some. And some, when they are having a tough time, switch to windowed mode and get help to a puzzle.
  • edited May 2010
    The icons are still not integrated.
  • edited June 2010
    Still not integrated.
  • edited June 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    It works better in windowed mode for some.
    Indeed. I had to play Machinarium in windowed mode in order to solve the puzzle of the bird on the wire.
  • edited June 2010
    Any chance on an update on when the new icons go up? Maybe with the next episode?
  • edited June 2010
    TTG have submitted the new icons to Valve, as Jake indicated. It's up to Valve when/if they ever go up.
  • edited June 2010
    Another suggestion: what about adding the new screen shots of newer episodes? I view my game list in the detail view and think it would be neat to see screens from each episode. I know they won't always match up because each episode isn't for sale individually but would be great than the same ones from the penal zone for every episode. I like the official ones from 302 and don't consider them spoiler-rific (except the one with the skeletons)
  • edited June 2010
    They icons are still not integrated. Steam is supposed to sell and present the games correctly and completely. Maybe it's time that Telltale contact them and ask them to correct the game they are selling.
  • edited June 2010
    They icons are still not integrated. Steam is supposed to sell and present the games correctly and completely. Maybe it's time that Telltale contact them and ask them to correct the game they are selling.

You know, it's quite possible that the icons could be updated already. Steam does cache icons and images for games and you could be stuck with the old icons.

Just saying.
  • edited June 2010
    So please tell me what should I do to have them. Confirm that the icons are updated.
  • edited June 2010
    The season 3 icons on the "Your Games" list here on TTG could also do with a little freshening. I was actually wondering why you did away with those nice and large police badge icons and instead used there smallish round ones?

Any chance that you might rework those icons here too?
  • edited June 2010
    ToxicGreen wrote: »
    The season 3 icons on the "Your Games" list here on TTG could also do with a little freshening. I was actually wondering why you did away with those nice and large police badge icons and instead used there smallish round ones?

Any chance that you might rework those icons here too?

Jake said that since other people are making them they changed it but oter people said they are making custom files.
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    Jake said that since other people are making them they changed it but oter people said they are making custom files.

Hmm, but Jake didn't say anything about a time horizon or the icons in the "Your Games" list here on telltalegames.com, did he?
  • edited June 2010
    ToxicGreen wrote: »
    Hmm, but Jake didn't say anything about a time horizon or the icons in the "Your Games" list here on telltalegames.com, did he?

Jake DID say that the reason that the icons are the way they are is because marketing wants Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse to be like a fresh start for the series-thus the obliteration of the awesome badge icons and movement to more circular ones.
This discussion has been closed.