106 Alternate Icon -BSotM Spoilers-

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I don't know, Season 3 is awesome but badge icons kind of put a wrench where I put the "I like Sam & Max icons", so it's hard to say.. Oh you were being sarcastic weren't you?
  • edited June 2010
    So... any chance of 202 with spatula or 101 with Brady? 205 is fine as Soda Poppers do not deserve my desktop.
  • edited June 2010
    or 101 with Brady?

You mean like... THIS!?

http://www.convertico.com/images/1275690120.15/101Alternate3.ico
  • edited June 2010
    Uh, like what?
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Uh, like what?
    Oh, well, I guess the link didn't work.

I'll, uh, get back to you all on that. :o
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Also, Jake, what made you decide to not use a badge for season 3?

I probably would have if I was the one making the icons, to be honest, but there's a new team doing the website/graphic design/icon stuff and they made the call to go a different direction with them. There's been a deliberate effort to shift how The Devil's Playhouse is presented marketing-wise, in comparison to the first two seasons, to make it feel a bit like a fresh start, and that extended from the season's logo all the way down to the icons. My preference is always an OCD-fueled need for consistency, but I can totally see the reason for mixing things up.
  • edited June 2010
    Honestly, I miss the diamond shaped icon Telltale used for The Penal Zone. It made the logo look so crisp and clean, not like the new circular ones. I realize the diamond may have only made sense because the Penal Zone's portal was diamond shaped, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Papierwaite and the film reel in a diamond too.
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    My preference is always an OCD-fueled need for consistency, but I can totally see the reason for mixing things up.

me too. that's why im making my own badge icons.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, I miss the diamond shaped icon Telltale used for The Penal Zone. It made the logo look so crisp and clean, not like the new circular ones. I realize the diamond may have only made sense because the Penal Zone's portal was diamond shaped, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Papierwaite and the film reel in a diamond too.

I think each ep will have a new shape this season.
  • edited June 2010

??? They are all circular. do you mean the item in the left side of the circle?
  • edited June 2010
    Alrighty, take-two. Let's try this again, this time with a photobucket'd PNG of my Brady icon.
    or 101 with Brady?
    You mean like... THIS!?

101Alternate3.png
  • edited June 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Alrighty, take-two. Let's try this again, this time with a photobucket'd PNG of my Brady icon.

You mean like... THIS!?

101Alternate3.png

I would prefer a large image, with brady looking at me with his hypno glasses on. isnt that image from season 2 as well? and green swirl in the background.

i could do it!
  • edited June 2010
    I would prefer a large image, with brady looking at me with his hypno glasses on. isnt that image from season 2 as well? and green swirl in the background.

i could do it!
    Naw, that image is from Season 1. It's taken from the final image on the Culture Shock walkthrough.

You could probably do a better job than I did. I just kinda threw it together about a week or so ago as a decently suitable icon replacement, along with one of the ticket-taker monkey (because I'm that indecisive).
  • edited June 2010

i could do it!

Make sure his head overlaps the border of the badge, and can you make it where his hypno beam isn't pointed at "us", so that it's looking to the left?
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Make sure his head overlaps the border of the badge, and can you make it where his hypno beam isn't pointed at "us", so that it's looking to the left?

I can't revolve around his head. and making it go outside the frame doesn't feel very "season one-y" if i don't have to to preserve the image. i mean just brady with the glasses on, and his evil smirk.
  • edited June 2010
    I can't revolve around his head. and making it go outside the frame doesn't feel very "season one-y" if i don't have to to preserve the image. i mean just brady with the glasses on, and his evil smirk.

It my not "feel" like Season 1, but it looks bad when it's all inside the border. It was a step up when it's not; I'd do it myself but I suck at Photoshop.
  • edited June 2010

They don't. Penal Zone used to be Skunkape and the Penal Zone portal in a diamond, but the two got shoved into a circle to match Sammun-Mak's icon (Papierwaite in a circle with one of the film reels). I wonder what They Stole Max's Brain!'s intended icon shape was or will be?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.