Just ordered the Animated Series.

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Finished the comic, and just wanted more Sam & Max. I love cartoons in general so I figured why not. Even if it's bad I won't care, I'll still enjoy it, but from what I've heard some of it is pretty good.

Comments

• Really? How was "The Damned Don't Dance?" I've always been interested in that one.
  • edited May 2010
    Really? How was "The Damned Don't Dance?" I've always been interested in that one.

Oh, I just ordered it a few minutes ago, it hasn't shown up yet. :o

Oh unless you mean from the comic, that one was pretty cool. :) Definately neat to see some of their relatives.

edit: However I've seen in clips they apparently do remake this one in the series.
  • Catfish33 wrote: »
    Oh unless you mean from the comic, that one was pretty cool. :)

That's the one! I wanted to read that one because it mentioned the Sam and Max families. That sort of thing always fascinates me for some reason (As does Grandma Ruth and "Christmas! Bloody Christmas!" You'll see what I'm talking about soon enough.
  • edited May 2010
    That's the one! I wanted to read that one because it mentioned the Sam and Max families. That sort of thing always fascinates me for some reason.

Yep there's quite a few of them in the last panel. :D
  • edited May 2010
    Yay! I absolutely love the cartoon...and it's amazing to see how much they got past the censors : D

My dog also loved it. He loved it so much he chewed every piece into tiny bits and left me with nothing but the sticker and the first disc.

I miss it...I didn't even get to finish it...
  • edited May 2010
    I thought it was cool how it comes with a sticker. I'm actually looking forward to that quite a bit. :o Oh and the special features too, well all of it really.

Should show up before the end of the week, most likely...

Sorry your dog ate them, lol.
  • edited June 2010
    You won't be disappointed!! Bought it last Xmas and loved every second of it! Of course the humour it's not as razorsharp as the comic but still pretty edgy... The extras are great and the sticker is awesome! 5 hours of S&M mayhem! :cool:
  • edited June 2010
    I watched all the episodes on youtube but I still want to buy the DVD set. I actually really liked the series and it was the first thing Sam and Max I saw due to a reviewer on ThatGuyWiththeGlasses. I'd buy it now but I really shouldn't, if I buy one thing from the store I wont stop, I'm cursed I tells ya! Also I prefer the comics overall, I think the jokes are pulled of a little better in the comics from time to time.
  • edited June 2010
    Believe me it is a great cartoon. I had my little cousin over for a little family get together. We snuck away, poped the dvd in and got it set up, I went to get a soda and when I got back he was laughing like crazy(I believe it was dsyfunction of the gods when max beats up cupid)
  • edited June 2010
    The first episode made me cringe a bit at how they set up the "premise" of the show. It seemed like they were going to present it with the same-exact-set-up-every-week kind of thing that has plagued Saturday morning cartoons from time immemorial, but then they totally didn't, so worries for nothing! :) Also, Lorne, Their Friend For Life was played by Patrick McKenna who basically played Lorne as a toned down version of Harold Green which made my day :D
  • edited June 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Yep there's quite a few of them in the last panel. :D

Suppose you could put up a few scans of the family from that comic? Is it a one page comic? I thought I heard that from somewhere, but I can't be sure...
  • edited June 2010
    I thought it was cool how it comes with a sticker. I'm actually looking forward to that quite a bit. :o Oh and the special features too, well all of it really.

Should show up before the end of the week, most likely...

Sorry your dog ate them, lol.

i lost my sticker...
  • edited June 2010
    i lost my sticker...

It's a sticker? I thought it was just so people couldn't arest you, The how didi I get away with murder with it then?
  • edited June 2010
    Their family only appears in the last panel.

And the cartoon has a really corny tone. It's well-written, but I think that puts some people off a bit.
  • edited June 2010
    there's not enough senseless violence. stupid kids, can't handle it...
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    It's a sticker? I thought it was just so people couldn't arest you, The how didi I get away with murder with it then?

Maybe it was The Highway's sticker you used.
  • edited June 2010
    Lorne should be in the games hes a brilliant character so should Mack Salmon as well.

I just realised, at the start of the episode Sam & Max vs The Uglions, doesn't the narrator for that episode sound a little bit like the narrator who appears at the start of The Devils Playhouse episodes.
  • edited June 2010
    I just realised, at the start of the episode Sam & Max vs The Uglions, doesn't the narrator for that episode sound a little bit like the narrator who appears at the start of The Devils Playhouse episodes.

They're both meant to sound like the Twilight Zone narrator, I'd assume
  • edited June 2010
    Suppose you could put up a few scans of the family from that comic? Is it a one page comic? I thought I heard that from somewhere, but I can't be sure...

I could take a pic with my camera and post it that way if you want, but... is that legal? I don't wanna get in trouble. Someone tell me so I can hurry up and do it, please. :D

edit: my camera is making me really mad.

Oh and it hasn't started shipping yet. :( I had a feeling this might happen, because of the many, many standard ToMI dvds getting ready to ship... So who knows when it will show up.. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2010
    I could take a pic with my camera and post it that way if you want, but... is that legal? I don't wanna get in trouble. Someone tell me so I can hurry up and do it, please. :D

If it's just one panel then it shouldn't be a problem. I saw panels and even full pages of comics up on the Sam and Max Wiki, and it wasn't a problem there. Still, perhaps you ought to ask a moderator if you aren't sure.
  • edited June 2010
    If it's just one panel then it shouldn't be a problem. I saw panels and even full pages of comics up on the Sam and Max Wiki, and it wasn't a problem there. Still, perhaps you ought to ask a moderator if you aren't sure.

Ok, I'll ask someone. For now though, my camera really is making me mad. Sorry. :o
  • edited June 2010
    So I tried to get a pic of the panel, I must've taken about 80 pictures in all, all of them were too blurry. The camera didn't know what to focus on... I only got it about two weeks ago, and I'm gonna take it back and get a better one, I was getting frustrated with it anyways. It has other issues I don't feel like dealing with as well.

So, sorry I couldn't post it yet. : \

:o
  • edited June 2010
    So I tried to get a pic of the panel, I must've taken about 80 pictures in all, all of them were too blurry. The camera didn't know what to focus on... I only got it about two weeks ago, and I'm gonna take it back and get a better one, I was getting frustrated with it anyways. It has other issues I don't feel like dealing with as well.

So, sorry I couldn't post it yet. : \

:o

I can scan it when I get home in a couple of hours. Thought about doing it yesterday, but I started playing Kyrandia and forgot all about it.
  • edited June 2010
    Here it is. If it turns out this isn't legal, I hope someone removes this post. Didn't want to upload it anywhere else, just in case.
  • edited June 2010
    Nice.
  • edited June 2010
    I just ordered the animated series too! But I ordered the ToMI DVD with it so it will probably take a little longer..
  • edited June 2010
    Well it finally shipped today for me, hopefully it will show up by Saturday.
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered mine three days before you, but it's only been submitted to their warehouse so far. :( Maybe they had misplaced their CSI DVDs (I don't really care for the series - I just want a complete collection) and that's what's holding up the shipment. Or maybe they just like you more.
  • edited June 2010
    LOL ok so in response to the shipping comments:

I ordered ToMI dvd a long time ago, but... Ordered SnMseries about a week ago, and it showed up yesterday... ToMI dvd hasn't even shipped yet, but many other people already have it sitting at home. [standard edition, same version I ordered]

So basically, the orders don't seem to be in any 'order' it's all pretty topsy turvy and un-organized apparently.

Trust me, they don't like me better, or I woulda gotten my ToMI dvd by now. :p
  • edited June 2010
    I just ordered the seires my self, like an hour ago, along with a poster. I'm looking forward to it, I'm gunna take a random guess and think I wont get it until 2 weeks because that's how long Surfin' The Highway took buuut judging by other peoples comments who really knows XD
  • edited June 2010
    LOL yeah now is a bad time to be ordering stuff. :D

But hey, might as well, no point in waiting till the ToMI debauchery is over. :)

I'm still waiting for things to cool down before I order the MI T-shirt, only because my nerves are shot from waiting for mutliple things.

I was really surprised when it [the series] shipped Tuesday and showed up Friday [yesterday]. Lucky on my part I suppose. I think the sticker is really cool by the way, but I'm afarid to take the backing off. I might never unless I find a perfect place to stick it.
  • edited June 2010
    Good job. I got the cartoon series and I play it on my I-touch alot when I am bored :]
  • edited June 2010
    I think it's actually pretty good. Anyone who has anything bad to say about it is most likely just being a pessimist. I mean, the geek barely shows up at all and when she does it's pretty brief, so no big deal really. If there were anything to complain about it would be the pixel-y bits of animation now and then, but oh well the technology was still new at the time so it's not really their fault, even some early episodes of Spongebob have this same problem... whaddya gonna do...

So far my favorite episodes are: The Thing That Wouldn't Stop It, A Glitch in Time, & The Glazed Mcguffin Affair! I haven't finished disc 2 yet though, will do that tonight most likely.

Also I thought of this last night: Sam & Max's full names both end with an 'EL' sound. [Samuel & Maxwell] Kind of a funny co-incidence.

[remember it's not Sameth & Maximus those were different beings entirely.]
  • edited June 2010
    I think it's actually pretty good. Anyone who has anything bad to say about it is most likely just being a pessimist.
    The corniness honestly detracts from my enjoyment of the show and occasionally makes me cringe. I still like it a lot, though.
    A Glitch in Time
    That's my favourite episode in the series, but I love time travel episodes.
    Also I thought of this last night: Sam & Max's full names both end with an 'EL' sound. [Samuel & Maxwell] Kind of a funny co-incidence.
    Is Sam's name ever given as Samuel in the cartoon? I don't remember.
    I mean, the geek barely shows up at all and when she does it's pretty brief, so no big deal really.
    She has a big part in Sam & Max vs. the Uglions. The name's pretty misleading, in fact.
  • edited June 2010
    Anyone who has anything bad to say about it is most likely just being a pessimist.

Pessimist or not, I think the animated series show a rather watered down aspect of Sam and Max. I understand the why, but I still don't like them nearly as much as the comics or the games.
  • edited June 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    The corniness honestly detracts from my enjoyment of the show and occasionally makes me cringe. I still like it a lot, though.
    I understand but it's 'FOX Kids!' circa 1997 so it is what it is.
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Is Sam's name ever given as Samuel in the cartoon? I don't remember.
    No, but I'm just assuming. I mean, what else could Sam be short for? It's not like it's gonna be Sammeth. He is American after all. I'm not suggesting this is official canon or anything.
    She has a big part in Sam & Max vs. the Uglions. The name's pretty misleading, in fact.

Yeah I hadn't seen that one yet, oh well, big deal. It didn't ruin the series for me.
    Pessimist or not, I think the animated series show a rather watered down aspect of Sam and Max. I understand the why, but I still don't like them nearly as much as the comics or the games.

Honestly, I didn't think it was really that watered down. Were the comics and games really that much edgier?
  • edited June 2010
    No, but I'm just assuming. I mean, what else could Sam be short for?

It doesn't have to be short for anything, you know. His name might just be Sam.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be short for anything, you know. His name might just be Sam.

Of course. But usually someone doesn't put a nickname on a birth certificate.
  • edited June 2010
    Of course. But usually someone doesn't put a nickname on a birth certificate.

I know lots of people called Max or Alex or stuff like that without it being short for anything. It's not their nickname. It's their name. While "Sam" might be short for something, it might not be, and adding stuff to the end of it because you think it's not enough of a name (or something) isn't necessarily such a good idea.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I know lots of people called Max or Alex or stuff like that without it being short for anything. It's not their nickname. It's their name. While "Sam" might be short for something, it might not be, and adding stuff to the end of it because you think it's not enough of a name (or something) isn't necessarily such a good idea.

Well in my own little fantasy world it's fine. Like I said, I'm not suggesting this should be official canon.

I don't see how it's not 'such a good idea.' [??] Seriously, if I want to speculate on what Sam's full name might be if I think maybe he has one, I don't see why that would be a problem.

Maybe it is just Sam and that's it, or maybe it isn't. Like you said.

Why do you guys have to debate every little thing? It's seriously annoying and kills so much creativity on these forums.

You know you can disagree with something and keep it to yourself. If I commented on everything on these forums I disagreed with It would be seriously annoying.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.