Just ordered the Animated Series.

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Mmh, at first that statement was for names in general. I meant that because I know it would annoy me if people constantly assumed I was called something else than what I just told them my name was.
    Otherwise, you're right that speculating about a fictional character isn't a problem. But since you seemed to be saying "well, it has to be short for something" I wanted to point out that actually, no, it doesn't.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    But since you seemed to be saying "well, it has to be short for something" I wanted to point out that actually, no, it doesn't.

Yeah ok Avistew. It doesn't HAVE to be short for something. My mistake. :\

And it's not that I don't think it's 'not enough of a name or something' :confused: I guess I'm just used to people with short names having longer versions of them.
  • edited June 2010
    Anyways....

I just thought that if both their names ended with an 'EL' sound that would be a cute co-incidence, if it were true. There's no evidence to point in either direction.

Oh and I'll add 'The Final Episode' to my list of favorites as well.
  • edited June 2010
    Actually, Max's full name was said to be Maximilian in "Abe Lincoln Must Die". S&M canon is not so much set in stone as traced in sand at the beach.
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Actually, Max's full name was said to be Maximilian in "Abe Lincoln Must Die". S&M canon is not so much set in stone as traced in sand at the beach.

Oh yeah. :eek:
  • edited June 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Honestly, I didn't think it was really that watered down. Were the comics and games really that much edgier?

Oh yes. Especially those parts where both Sam and Max are participating in dialogs, "supporting" each other. This is the one aspect where I find TDP a bit lacking, too.
    Lena_P wrote: »

Only by Bosco, if I recall correctly.
  • edited June 2010
    In 104, Max identifies himself as "Maximilian I, ruler of your quaint little nation". Or something like that. It's in 102 that Bosco calls them Samuel and Maximilian.

...Why does my spellchecker recognise Maximilian and not Max?
    Why do you guys have to debate every little thing? It's seriously annoying and kills so much creativity on these forums.
    (bolding mine)
    I'd say it does the opposite.
  • edited June 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    In 104, Max identifies himself as "Maximilian I, ruler of your quaint little nation". Or something like that. It's in 102 that Bosco calls them Samuel and Maximilian.

It may be in 102, but it also happens in 104, with the russian disguise. "Maximilian I" seems to have escaped me, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh yes. Especially those parts where both Sam and Max are participating in dialogs, "supporting" each other.

I have read the comics just so you know.
    (bolding mine)
    I'd say it does the opposite.

Whaaaaa?????

How could constant scrutiny help someone's creative process?

In my opinion it seems more like it creates a hive-mind atmosphere where everyone debates over topic after topic until a unanimous opinion is formed. How is that creative? I may be exaggerating a bit but oh wait oh no that's forbidden on these forums! Someone will take every word literally and tell me why it's wrong! *gasp*

I'm sure you'll have some analytical way of answering this question and no offense but I don't really care, you're entitled to your opinion.

Well another thread gone off topic. Sorry. And no I'm not all proud of sending threads off topic, which is apparently the current 'trend' around here. : |
  • edited June 2010
    I think the Animated series is great. It really captures the spirit of the original comics. Sure, the humor's not as edgy as the comics (which really aren't as "adult" as many claim), but it switches that out for cutaways and even more weirdness.
    And Sam & Max's personalities are spot-on. Especially Sam. Don't get me wrong, I love Telltale's games, but their version of Sam is different from the one seen in the comics. Not the case with the toon.

I haven't seen all the episodes myself yet, but my favorites are probably "the Second Show Ever" and "Bad Day on the Moon".
  • edited June 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Whaaaaa?????

How could constant scrutiny help someone's creative process?

In my opinion it seems more like it creates a hive-mind atmosphere where everyone debates over topic after topic until a unanimous opinion is formed. How is that creative? I may be exaggerating a bit but oh wait oh no that's forbidden on these forums! Someone will take every word literally and tell me why it's wrong! *gasp*

I'm sure you'll have some analytical way of answering this question and no offense but I don't really care, you're entitled to your opinion.
    If someone on the Internet disagrees with you, you're not required to engage them in debate, and they're usually not trying to force you to think in the same way. I enjoy debate because people bring up things I hadn't thought of. Obviously you don't, and that's fine. Please stop being so dramatic.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd like to say in the animated series defense that after watching about four or five episodes it sort of dawned on me that Sam and Max are kind of aware that they're in a kids' show and spoof the genre a bit. The overly-self aware stuff at the beginning mellowed out into far more organic jokes and set-ups that give you more of a "Hell, might as well enjoy it while we're here!" sort of feeling than the "Wink-wink, aren't we devilish?" vibe it had in the first episode or two.
  • edited June 2010
    If someone on the Internet disagrees with you, you're not required to engage them in debate, and they're usually not trying to force you to think in the same way. I enjoy debate because people bring up things I hadn't thought of. Obviously you don't, and that's fine. Please stop being so dramatic.

I don't mind debate, and I don't really think I'm being very dramatic. I was just illustrating a point with the whole *gasp* part, but you took that seriously.

You said it helps or creativity [or something along those lines] and I was stating my opinion.

If I was a little rude at the end though then sorry 'bout that.

edit: aghg I wish I hadn't bumped this, oh well.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.