Monkey Island Animated GIFs

edited March 2011 in Tales of Monkey Island
This idea came from another thread. Somebody asked for spritesheets, and Fury linked these, for Monkey Island 1 and 2, respectively:
Fury wrote: »

With a bit of effort, you can make nice animated gifs from these spritesheets. A good image editor I like to get specific frames from the sheets is Paint.NET, and a good, free program to actually create the animated gifs is Beneton Movie GIF.

I made this one a while ago:
guybrushcoatzoo.gif
and this one just now:
elaine.gif

I know the last one isn't anything special, but I haven't messed around with this stuff for a while, so I thought I'd start easy :p

Let's see what you guys can come up with!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I think that both of those are quite cool, particularly the top one. Is it quite simple to make these sort of GIF files? I might actually give it a go one day.
  • edited June 2010
    It takes some effort to line the individual sprites up properly, so the character doesn't appear to be moving left and right inexplicably. Actually, now that I've taken a closer look, you can see that Guybrush animated gif in the first post sliding left and right a bit too. But with a bit of practise, it's not that hard.
    If you've got a lot of frames, it can get tedious though :p
  • edited June 2010
    I made a Max gif earlier today, so I might try my hand at a monkey one tomorrow...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I made these a while ago:

hairflip.gif

stronggrog.gif

The strong grog one was originally just Guybrush, but it didn't look right so I added a little table and chair. :)
  • edited June 2010
    Made this in three minutes

attachment.php?attachmentid=1563&stc=1&d=1275495918

I was originally going to have him going reverse after diving, but it proved too much of a hassle
  • edited June 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    hairflip.gif
    Guybrush can hold his breath for ten minutes and make pancakes using only his head.
  • edited June 2010
    Be careful if you are downloading that GIF maker, I just tried it and there is an option to install a third-party software, something about stopping 404 errors, AVG reports that it is a virus, I didn't mean to begin installing it myself, thought it was a EULA.
  • edited June 2010
    I made this a while ago

testing.gif
  • edited June 2010
    anyone got that mad sneezing chicken on CMI
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    I made this a while ago

testing.gif

Ah, your old avatar. I remember banning that thing over-and-over. Well, I was banning you, but I associated you with that avatar.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Ah, your old avatar. I remember banning that thing over-and-over. Well, I was banning you, but I associated you with that avatar.

fix'd
  • edited June 2010
    Ah, thankyou. I know I'm referring to my old signature, but it's late.
    Fixed.

Fixed.
  • edited June 2010
    Ah, thankyou. I know I'm referring to my old signature, but it's late.

Fixed.

It's not that late. I usually don't crash until 3 AM.
  • edited June 2010
    You, sir, are ridiculous.
  • edited June 2010
    You, sir, are ridiculous.

I believe I have partial insomnia. Or at least that's what my excuse is. I just don't get tired until 12AM~3AM. On any night. And then I wake up at 7AM regardless, fresh as a piece of stale shit a daisy
  • edited June 2010
    I believe I have partial insomnia. Or at least that's what my excuse is. I just don't get tired until 12AM~3AM. On any night. And then I wake up at 7AM regardless, fresh as a piece of stale shit a daisy

Haha! That was surprisingly funny :D.
  • edited June 2010
    Haha! That was surprisingly funny :D.

I'm at my best when I'm hopelessly tired, yet cannot sleep.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm at my best when I'm hopelessly tired.

So, sort of the same as this guy:

68714.jpg

I can just picture that album cover with different wording:

The Highway...

...I Do My Best Work When I'm Hopelessly Tired
  • edited June 2010
    I can just picture that album cover with different wording:

The Highway...

...I Do My Best Work When I'm Hopelessly Tired

Hayden...

...I Never Do My Best Work
  • edited June 2010
    I made this a while ago

testing.gif

I still dont get it
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I still dont get it

The quote is from 'Launch of the Screaming Narwhal'. The Voodoo Lady is using a simile to describe the love between herself and Coronado DeCava.
  • edited June 2010
    The quote is from 'Launch of the Screaming Narwhal'. The Voodoo Lady is using a simile to describe the love between herself and Coronado DeCava.

Yea, Haydens right

Here is the clip from 'Launch of the Screaming Narwhal' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eBYsSRseOg
    a while ago someone asked for a somi gif of The Voodoo Lady with the words "Like a Volcano" appearing, so I had a go at making it.
  • edited June 2010
    Yea, Haydens right

Here is the clip from 'Launch of the Screaming Narwhal' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eBYsSRseOg
    a while ago someone asked for a somi gif of The Voodoo Lady with the words "Like a Volcano" appearing, so I had a go at making it.

YAY my vids being used free advtising
  • edited June 2010

Actually its not free advertising, Im still waiting for my check
  • edited June 2010

err yh about that a friend of mine said he/she would handle that yh um the next random persion you see yh thats the one ask them.
  • edited June 2010
    err yh about that a friend of mine said he/she would handle that yh um the next random persion you see yh thats the one ask them.

ok no problem, *see mum* hey mum can I have my check now
  • edited June 2010

You're right, it's not advertising. It's publicity. Advertising is paid for, publicity is not.

[/nitpick]
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden...

...I Never Do My Best Work

No, I never do my best work. Because it will blow your freaking mind. I do my mediocre work, which is damn impressive anyway.
  • edited June 2010
    No, I never do my best work. Because it will blow your freaking mind. I do my mediocre work, which is damn impressive anyway.

no it isnt
  • edited June 2010
    no it isnt

I know, I was exaggerating/being stupid.
  • edited June 2010
    I know, I was exaggerating/being stupid.

so was i (being stupid ONLY)
  • edited June 2010
    so was i (being stupid ONLY)

As always, yes? :D

No, there have been some posts of yours that feature glimpses of intelligence and seriousness.
  • edited June 2010
    No, there have been some posts of yours that feature glimpses of intelligence and seriousness.

About 6... MILLION! Bwahahahaha! I just realised I can only look back on my past 500 posts, and I wanted to see what my very first post was, but I can't now...
  • edited June 2010
    About 6... MILLION! Bwahahahaha! I just realised I can only look back on my past 500 posts, and I wanted to see what my very first post was, but I can't now...

Yeah, I think I tried to do that a while ago, but reached the same conclusion... :(.
  • edited June 2010
    'tis a shame... oh well, i'll find out how long it took me to go from 500 posts ago to now...
  • edited June 2010
    'tis a shame... oh well, i'll find out how long it took me to go from 500 posts ago to now...

Probably a week. Your amount of posting in the last week-and-a-half has been ridiculous!
  • edited June 2010
    Probably a week. Your amount of posting in the last week-and-a-half has been ridiculous!

500 posts since late on the 28th of may, actually! :D

I wonder how I managed that?
  • edited June 2010
    500 posts since late on the 28th of may, actually! :D

I wonder how I managed that?

The elation of finishing exams inspired you.
  • edited June 2010
    The elation of finishing exams inspired you.

probably... at least, that is my excuse!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.