Bosco Appreciation Thread

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Come on, who doesn't like Bosco?
His paranoia, the hilarious dialog options, the ridiculous disguises, I think he's made us ALL laugh at some point, right?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I don't really like Bosco, the guy is just weird.
  • edited June 2010
    he is awesome
  • edited June 2010
    Some of my favorite lines in the games come from the "Do you have any..." dialog option. I was sad when I found out they mostly removed it in Season 2.

"Do you have any... Rubber chickens with a pulley in the middle?" Sam, Episode 103, The Mole the Mob and the Meatball, using the "Do you have any..." dialog for the third time, referencing The Secret of Monkey Island
  • edited June 2010
    He's one of the best characters in the Sam and Max universe.
  • edited June 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    Some of my favorite lines in the games come from the "Do you have any..." dialog option. I was sad when I found out they mostly removed it in Season 2.

"Do you have any... Rubber chickens with a pulley in the middle?" Sam, Episode 102 The Mole the Mob and the Meatball, using the "Do you have any..." dialog for the third time, referencing The Secret of Monkey Island

Actually it's 103.
  • edited June 2010
    Actually it's 103.

Oh yeah. Oops. I will go fix that now.
  • edited June 2010
    He was pretty awesome. Not only does he win the, "Best use of the worst disguises ever" award, his paranoia played off really well against Sam and Max. Sam played an interesting *almost* straight man of reason compared to him, yet Max was all about promoting the paranoia.

I kept simply choosing dialogue choices just to see Bosco's reactions. His involvement also helped to show other sides of Sam and Max. The fact that those two, though seemingly in a business to make money, don't really care about money. Max just wants his fun. Sam likes the companionship with Max and just the idea that they're on a case. You can also tell that the craziness, they cause, drives Sam as well. Without those factors, life is just less interesting.

So in a way, I think he serves his purpose not only at being a humorous foil, but he was a good aid in the player's awareness of character development for our leads.

The Mole, the Mob, and the Meatball actually had my favorite musical number from Season's 1 and 2. Not only was it the most catchiest tune, I know from the series, but the premise itself was great. Unlike the other songs, it didn't simply talk about or advertise the subject material it is based on (which is ok, and nicely characteristic), it itself was a running joke about the existence of the subject material. A double whammy of well-developed subject matter that kind of hit multiple levels of humor there. Something I kind of hoped the developers would've keyed on why some might like that song the best.
  • edited June 2010
    Bosco is the center of all greatness, he is awesome!
  • edited June 2010
    Power46 wrote: »

"Do you have any... Rubber chickens with a pulley in the middle?" Sam, Episode 103, The Mole the Mob and the Meatball, using the "Do you have any..." dialog for the third time, referencing The Secret of Monkey Island

There's also "Stray tufts of Sasquatch hair" and "Souvenir snowglobes from the mystery vortex," both from Sam & Max hit the road.
  • edited June 2010
    I would kiss Bosco on the mouth!

[crickets]

[backs slowly out of the topic]
  • edited June 2010
    I would kiss Bosco on the mouth!

who wouldn't?
  • edited June 2010
    Bosco is the funniest character in my opinion. :D I laughed the most when he dressed up as his "mother". Epic win!
  • edited June 2010
    And his role in Season 2 was even more interesting...
  • edited June 2010
    Bosco is a good character, not awesome, but he is good.

My favourite version of Bosco is his undisguised self, I think he's funny and charismatic enough as himself.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Bosco is a good character, not awesome, but he is good.

My favourite version of Bosco is his undisguised self, I think he's funny and charismatic enough as himself.

I agree. He is a good character, his paranoia is my favourite part
  • edited June 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Come on, who doesn't like Bosco?
    His paranoia, the hilarious dialog options, the ridiculous disguises, I think he's made us ALL laugh at some point, right?
    It's a conspiracy!
  • edited June 2010
    I haven't seen bosco because i only have season 3
  • edited June 2010
    buy the rest.
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    buy the rest.

Agreed. You'll enjoy Season 3 much more if you buy the previous two seasons (and Hit the Road).
  • edited June 2010
    and read the comics.and watch the tv show.
  • edited June 2010
    I got enough of Bosco the last two seasons. I mean s1 and s2 was too stale with TTG recycling way too much locations and chars. I would appreciate a lesser part from Bosco, but nore more Stinky, no more Sybil and for the love of God, no more Lincoln.
  • edited June 2010
    From all three seasons, Boscow joke was one of most funniest ones.
  • edited June 2010
    In the poll for favourite characters, Bosco was easily top of one of the most competitive groups - he has a big fan base.
  • edited June 2010
    not as big as FLINT PAPER! #How come doesn't have one of these threads?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.