Christopher Lloyd confirms: He'd get involved in making a BTTF game

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Telltale, all you have to do is ask! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNDXKW7bwI

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Started 3 of 23 threads in this forum. That's 13%, Silverwolfpet! :D

This would have fitted nicely in the "voices" thread. Poor irritated Christopher Lloyd being hard-pressed by a wannabe gaming-journalist with questions that actually DEMAND a yes-or-no answer, still he is reprimanded for it. *Sigh*
  • edited June 2010
    Hahaha! That's pure gold.

Host: "BlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlablaBLAAAAHH VIDYA GAMES!!"
    Lloyd: "Uh, what? Sure, sure. I'd like to leave now."
  • edited June 2010
    Daniel wrote: »
    Hahaha! That's pure gold.

Host: "BlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlaBlablaBLAAAAHH VIDYA GAMES!!"
    Lloyd: "Uh, what? Sure, sure. I'd like to leave now."

Best interview ever.
  • edited June 2010
    Man that was an awkward interview, but yeah, I had no doubt that Lloyd would be involved. I really feel like those two guys plus Thomas F. Wilson for Biff Tannen. Wilson has done a lot of voice work so I think he'd be willing as well.
  • edited June 2010
    Uh huh. [closes window] I'm not watching that. That was the most awkward video or interview I've ever seen. It was the awkward equivalent of a little girl walking in on her mother when she's in the physical process of cheating on her father. Yeah. I found it that uncomfortable.
  • edited June 2010
    THAT WAS THE BEST AND MOST AWKWARD INTERVIEW EVER!!

I love stuff like that - whenever it's genuine and not staged. Given what I said earlier in another thread (Emmet would be more important to me in a game than Marty, even though the same isn't true in the film), it's a relief to see him open-minded about voice-acting a BttF game.

I'm sure TTG have already tried the water with the main characters anway, and I trust them to have gotten the authentic voices of the three that would be essential (Biff and Marty being the other two)
  • edited June 2010
    Wow, i always imagined him more talkative. That was incredibly awkward!
  • edited June 2010
    Started 3 of 23 threads in this forum. That's 13%, Silverwolfpet! :D

What can I say? I'm really excited about this!
  • edited June 2010
    Alright! The great doc is back!!! Now all we need is Dominic who plays Guybrush, to play Marty!

Yes it was mentioned before, but it was such a good idea, I had to say it.
  • edited June 2010
    What can I say? I'm really excited about this!

Do you think there'll ever be a TTG game that won't get you excited? (answers of more than one syllable appreciated :D)
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Alright! The great doc is back!!! Now all we need is Dominic who plays Guybrush, to play Marty!

Yes it was mentioned before, but it was such a good idea, I had to say it.

I just want Tim Curry to be in it.

In fact. You guys have your BttF game, and just send me a 1hour recording of Tim Curry in a mega-long supervillain soliloque. ;)

In all seriousness, if they get Fox, Lloyd, and Wilson it would be amazing. After that, I can't see many fans being disappointed...?
  • edited June 2010
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    Do you think there'll ever be a TTG game that won't get you excited? (answers of more than one syllable appreciated :D)

Yes, I didn't really like Bone. I mean, I couldn't even bring myself to try it... sorry. So if they'll make a sequel...well... I won't get excited and start making Bone tributes :p
  • edited June 2010
    Yes, I didn't really like Bone. I mean, I couldn't even bring myself to try it... sorry. So if they'll make a sequel...well... I won't get excited and start making Bone tributes :p

readthecomicbooksreadthecomicbooksreadthecomicbooks
  • edited June 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    readthecomicbooksreadthecomicbooksreadthecomicbooks

gimmelinkgimmelinkgimmelink
  • edited June 2010
    Wait...did I hear right? Silverwolfpet might do back to the future tributes.
  • edited June 2010
    gimmelinkgimmelinkgimmelink

That's illegal, so I wouldn't try posting a link here. Plus I couldn't find one. You can find exerpts from the series on the website for Bone, I think, as well as Amazon. I recommend it. It's the most epic fantasy comic I've ever read by an American comic book writer. The games didn't do the books great justice, but they were good for what Telltale could do at the time.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, Bone is like 90% dialog and 10% simplistic puzzles.
  • edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »

Weeeeeell... Ummm... Do you people think I could do that? I mean... It's very easy to mess it up unwillingly.
    That's illegal, so I wouldn't try posting a link here. You can find exerpts from the series on the website for Bone

Oops, I didn't mean it like that, I thought it was a web-thingie, like Strong Bad (free for all). I will look into it, thanks :)
  • edited June 2010
    Does the interview have the line "I was frozen today" in it? If not, I won't watch.
  • edited June 2010
    Weeeeeell... Ummm... Do you people think I could do that? I mean... It's very easy to mess it up unwillingly.

Do it, have fun, and don't worry about it.
  • edited June 2010
    I love Christopher Lloyd. I want to see Piranha 3d just because of him.
    He was also great in this cameo in The Tick:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFbxRj5yOfA
  • edited June 2010
    What was so wrong with that interview? He seemed pretty chipper to me. I mean, Lloyd is known for being very quiet and shy off camera; I've seen him give far more morose interviews than that.

Also, you guys mean he'd be willing to voice a video game character again, right? I'm not the only person who remembers the adventure game "Toonstruck" where Christopher Lloyd (as Drew Blank, cartoonist) was the playable character, right?
  • edited June 2010
    I know of Toonstruck, but I never played it. In the near future i will, i promise.
  • edited June 2010
    Alright, everyone here who hasn't already played Toonstruck, play it.
    This way, we'll get more Toonstruck topics, everyone saying how awesome it is, everyone worshipping Christopher Lloyd.
    This way, Telltale won't even think about not getting Christopher Lloyd to reprise his Doc Brown role!
    (And this way, Toonstruck 2 might finally get greenlit.)
    I love my diabolical schemes!

EDIT: Here's the Trailer.
  • edited June 2010
    Clearly Christopher Lloyd was just put off by that interview. He was there to promote his latest movie and some kid wanted to ask him about video games. He may have been really angry but wouldn't show it. Also if he already knew about NBC's efforts to find someone to make a game, or if the Telltale licenses was already in the works, he probably was doing everything not to say anything.
  • edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »

Gosh! This is the break I need! and on my first interview too :p
  • edited June 2010
    Many fun people isnt like that in real life, he is sort of like MR bean, very funny and wacky, but in real life, so not much ^^ and kinda shy. But thats okay.

Its just kinda fun and wierd how a shy not so talkative person like him, could do the Doc role so perfect xD
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    What was so wrong with that interview? He seemed pretty chipper to me. I mean, Lloyd is known for being very quiet and shy off camera; I've seen him give far more morose interviews than that.

Was just going to point this out as well, it's been mentioned many times that he's a very quiet guy, so it's not very surprising to see him not saying very much here, especially when being asked about a subject he most likely has little interest in.

It's at least good to see that he'd be interested in a project like this, and it would be great if they could get him in to do the Doc. But honestly, I won't be particularly bothered if they don't. I imagine the game will be more of an episodic TV series style thing, not necessarily staying 100% true to the movies. And when the original actors are now rather old.. there's only so much they can do.
  • edited June 2010
    Why did he seem so annoyed?

Also, this interviewer is great, I saw him in a video yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GN_YQKR1k
  • edited June 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Why did he seem so annoyed?

Probably because he was there to talk about his new film but people just want to ask him about Back to the Future all the time.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    I know of Toonstruck, but I never played it. In the near future i will, i promise.
    That one's on my to play list as well. I love Christopher Lloyd. :D
  • edited June 2010
    "Here to promote his new film 'Santa Buddies'"...Really, Chris?

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Back to the Future, Clue, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Adams Family movie....Santa Buddies.

I mean, if he's doing films like Santa Buddies lately, I don't think Telltale will have any problem getting Mr. Lloyd. No disrespect of course, but again...Santa Buddies?
  • edited June 2010
    Doc gotta eat too!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010

With all due respect, that didn't stop you for Tales of Monkey Island. ;)

Go on, hurry! It's hard enough finding fellow artists for the "FanArt"-thread, but movies would of course be extra-brilliant.
  • edited June 2010
    McGoiter wrote: »
    "Here to promote his new film 'Santa Buddies'"...Really, Chris?

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Back to the Future, Clue, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Adams Family movie....Santa Buddies.

I mean, if he's doing films like Santa Buddies lately, I don't think Telltale will have any problem getting Mr. Lloyd. No disrespect of course, but again...Santa Buddies?

Hey, don't forget the TV series Taxi. And Adams Family Values. And Dennis the Menace (93 Movie). And, uh...Baby Geniuses. (I guess)
  • edited June 2010
    And Dennis the Menace (93 Movie).

People really hate on this movie, but man, no matter what they say, Lloyd's character was brilliant in it. His name was badass too. Switchblade Sam; although it's never mentioned in the movie that's what he's called in the script and on the IMDB page.
  • edited June 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Does the interview have the line "I was frozen today" in it? If not, I won't watch.

Seriously I want the answer to this too. It's a very important question.
  • edited June 2010

Just don't do one where you christen the DeLorean "Squiggles" and I think you'll be safe.

Or maybe that's what you should do...
  • edited June 2010
    I loved him on Taxi ... :(
  • edited June 2010
    You know, I think this is just some guy from the crew asking Mr. Lloyd if he wants a glass of water, if his mic is on and small mundane things like that. Luckily a camera was rolling and recorded his answers, so some young reporter took the footage home, edited in some random questions and hoped no one would notice.

EDIT:
    I give you the magical Lloyd .GIF that answers all your questions!

picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=2096
Sign in to comment in this discussion.