The legendary Back to the Future FanArt

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Yes, that's what oils are good for: moving them around because they don't dry as ridiculously quick as acrylics. I've decided against them - after reading James Gurney's last book, I really really really wanted to try oils, but they were just too expensive, and I wouldn't stand the smell all the time (living in a one-room apartement). Let's see where I get with acrylics, now that I discovered the acrylic binder. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    I've found oils to be ridiculously tricky. I worked with them for years and never really could get the hang of it.
    edited October 2010
    Not a surprise - of course, Gurney's "Imaginative Realism" naturally speaks of oils as the best medium ever and shows incredible results with his more than 30 years of experience. Quite possibly, that's what you need...

...we'd love to see your results in the "General art thread" nonetheless, BlankCanvas!. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, well, I am working on the 30 years of experience part. :p

Most of the stuff I do now is entirely digital because it's so much easier to make changes and updates for clients on the computer than it is on campus. Sometimes I still fake it, though.
  • edited October 2010
    I made this back in 2008.

bttf-rotoscope-large.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Anyone happy to do artwork for an indie time travelling series, please get in touch.

You're all so talented. I love all the various styles used. And the Dan one is now my wallpaper! :)
  • edited October 2010
    5974-1680x1050.jpg

Founded in Internet
    edited October 2010
    ...streets at night are ALWAYS wet. I really hope Telltale doesn't forget this in the game. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Oh mein Gott! That is the cutest freaking "Smart car" Delorean ever! Me want!
  • edited October 2010
    it is not my picture, I had them Founded in Internet

x_fb6cb9b1.jpg

this is very cool does it run in diesel
  • edited October 2010
    5974-1680x1050.jpg

Drivers? Where we're going we don't need...drivers.
  • edited October 2010
    Drivers? Where we're going we don't need...drivers.

Non-reference humor? Where we're going we don't need... non-reference humor.
  • edited October 2010
    5974-1680x1050.jpg

Founded in Internet

I hope the Telltale model is something like this. I like it's modern but cartoony feel to it.
  • edited October 2010
    That Delorean above can be seen here in a full 3D video on youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzT2BxKIsqY

Here is another good one, but with a slight hint of rust on it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6klWXj5cCbc
  • edited October 2010
    I don't really care for the 'stubby' looking DeLorean. It's not bad and it has all the features, but it's just not my taste. I don't mind a little stylization, but not in that way.
  • edited October 2010
    MyStoned wrote: »
    this is very cool does it run in diesel

It's not a real car.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2010
    I updated my picture of Sam & Max meeting Back to the Future. :)

timetravelmeetup.png

I was working on my entry in the Halloween contest, and I remembered my old fan art here and thought I'd update it since it was the same concept. I wasn't too happy with the old art anyway, but I'm quite happy with this one. :)
  • edited October 2010
    heres somthing i made back in 2008, marty and doc were made and designed in 3ds, for the background i used french martys bttf town layout. click on the Thumbnail below.
    lov1tt200808101844521.th.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Cakes! From the internet...

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunday-sweets-goes-back-to-future.html

Including Hill Valley Wedding Cake;
    Paul+C+.+back+to+the+future.jpg

delorean
    Delorean+cake.jpg

and...
    debbiedoescakes_hover.jpg

More at the link...
  • edited October 2010
    Tasty...
  • edited October 2010
    Wow. Actually, I think for my 2015 birthday party I'll go with a Back to the Future theme and have one cake the Hill Valley square in that period along with a second hoverboard cake ;) Who wants to come? Haha.
  • edited October 2010
    Too bad any cake that looks like anything tastes bland, like sponge cake and icing.
  • edited October 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »

Including Hill Valley Wedding Cake;
    Paul+C+.+back+to+the+future.jpg

"Please excuse the crudity of this cake, I didn't have time to bake it to scale or to frost it."
  • edited October 2010
    Delorean+cake.jpg

Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of marzipan..
  • edited October 2010
    debbiedoescakes_hover.jpg

Eat it! I have a pit-bull now.

Okay that one was lame. >.>
  • edited October 2010
    here is a photo of my dog wearing a proton pack riding a hoverboard...

colourfixrough.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    This was my entry for the Halloween contest. Nothing to special.

2emj3m1.jpg

Zombies, in case you were wondering.
  • edited October 2010
    I bet Doc's brain is delicious.
    edited October 2010
    It's all great stuff, guys!

I'm a little disappointed that not many halloween contest entries end up in here. There should have been more people to eventually post their entries here. :(
  • edited October 2010
    Marty still seems pretty happy to be a zombie.
    edited November 2010
    Well, he doesn't have to worry about that rolls royce accident any more. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Hahaha, nice. I think I like zombie*Marty the best. =]
  • edited November 2010
    this took me ages to do but i wanted to see what this version of marty looked like with the back to the future 2 2015 clothes on, I thought i would post to show everyone :) hope you like it i might add more to it any ideas let me know. :) maybe doc the hoverboard and so on :)
    (click for full image)
    marty2015finished.th.jpg
    marty2015finishedsmallv.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    somthing i just finished aswell from scratch in photoshop.
    martymcfly.th.jpg

martymcflysmaller.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Too bad i'm not good at drawing.

I did made a fan-movie once of back to the future with a racing game called LiveForSpeed a few years ago. but not sure if thats considered FanArt.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-679990256626124940#

Well i guess its a form of Art, besides my horrible voice-acting :-D (yes thats my voice =P)
  • edited November 2010
    Mmm'kay, I'm kinda "eeeeehhhhh" about posting this because even I admit: I'm not a superb artist by any means. Real people -be it from live action movies or tv shows- are very difficult for me for some reason. But I had to draw Doc Brown for some inexplicable reason.

000tfcxx

I know there's a bajillion things wrong, but it was a quick drawing so I didn't think too much about them. XP

Funnily enough, I drew this a week ago and i haven't finished anything else since. Drawing Doc is hazardous to my art*health, it seems.
  • edited November 2010
    72749_454538918390_500408390_5672543_1954195_n.jpg

Not art, merely my attempt at a halloween outfit, I reckon this was as good a place to post it as any.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future meets Splinter Cell. Nice. :D

"Sam, you have to come back with me!"
    "Back? Where?"
    "Back to the Future!!!"
    "Wait, is Ubisoft going to f*ck up Splinter Cell 4?!?"
    "Its your kid, Sam! We have to do something about Sarah!!"
  • edited November 2010
    Took me a few days:

mttf.jpg

HERE's the big version. Also a poster version and a desktop wallpaper.

Edit:
    By popular request here are versions of the wallpaper without the logo and without the lightning.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.