Anything happening for E3?

edited June 2010 in Back to the Future
TellTale games obviously has a booth at E3 this year. Any chance we might get screenshots from the game out of E3? I mean, if the game is coming out this winter, that only gives them 6 months to pump this out. I gotta imagine they have a little bit done, right?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Even some concept art would be dandy.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah they got to show some thing. I'd say they were trying to keep it secret until E3 but news got out
  • edited June 2010
    They probably do, but aren't wanting to show us yet until the release date gets closer..wich will probably be at the begining of next year.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    I mean, if the game is coming out this winter, that only gives them 6 months to pump this out.

Naaaaahhh... winter ends on February 28 or even March 20 respectively. That's at least eight and a half months, assuming they actually keep their schedule (though I presume that we'll have our first episode in January).

As for E3, I think that we'll see a bit more than just concept art. The first "Universal"-Trailer was pretty lame and seemed patched together in a hurry. They can't show up on E3 with just that and hope that the interviews are productive. After all, besides "Puzzle Agent", they wouldn't have anything new to present, right?

Maybe there won't be actual gameplay - but there'll be far more to see and far more to know about their plans for BTTF. Everything else would be plain bad marketing! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Steky wrote: »
    Yeah they got to show some thing. I'd say they were trying to keep it secret until E3 but news got out

They definitely weren't trying to keep it secret til E3. They purposely put out their press release about a week before E3 which is why I'm thinking they may have something to show there.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm still holding out hope we'll hear something!
  • edited June 2010
    http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/e3-2010-telltale-games-develop-episodic-jurassic-park-and-back-future-games
    Telltale will release more information on both game series at a later date. Neither game will be shown at E3 2010, according to a company rep.

One thing I do miss immensely with the reduced TTG Staff presence on the forums is people (like Emily used to do) coming in and just answering these sorts of queries directly, rather than someone finding them out 2nd hand via 3rd party websites and reposting here.
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder if they had to deal with the kind of insane derailing and weird off-topic remarks that are now so frequent back in Emily's/Nikasaur's days, though.

Anyways, I heard that Nelson Tethers will be there at least. Too bad we won't get a big "MONKEY ISLAND!" moment though.
  • edited June 2010
    Hoverboards in Telltale Store pls.
  • edited June 2010
    I read this as "anything happening for ET?"
  • edited June 2010

Oh TellTale, why must you torment me so! Here's hoping for some hoverboard action in the games. In my excitement for the game, I totally forgot about the gameplay possibilities with the hoverboard.
    I read this as "anything happening for ET?"

If these games are a big enough success, then you never know...... Them making an ET game would be pretty big news considering how the one and only other ET game was a LEGENDARY failure.
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder how fun a hoverboard would be in the small 'rooms' of Telltale adventures, though. You'd need some space to fly.
  • edited June 2010
    Kroms wrote: »
    I wonder how fun a hoverboard would be in the small 'rooms' of Telltale adventures, though. You'd need some space to fly.

They could always use the Hoverboard like the Desoto in S&M. Make some sort of a mini-game out of it, or do something totally different.
  • edited June 2010
    The Bone Cow Race itself showed potential in a fast paced puzzle minigame.
    edited June 2010
    OK, E3 has been up and running for almost a day now - but no news yet? Cmooooooonnnnnnn.... :D
  • edited June 2010
    OK, E3 has been up and running for almost a day now - but no news yet? Cmooooooonnnnnnn.... :D

I really don't think there will be any news, but closer to Pax there will probably be somehting more since S&M will be over.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh man, read the first comment on this Raving Rabbids - Travel In Time news article.

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/e3_2010_raving_rabbids_travel_in_time_revealed

:D
    edited June 2010
    I've been clicking through loads of websites and pictures, but still no sign of the Telltale stand at E3. I found one dinosaur, but that could belong to other franchises, not necessarily "Jurassic Parc". Want BTTF news!!
  • edited June 2010
    They haven't got a booth.

There's this I guess: http://twitpic.com/1wvl62
    edited June 2010
    No booth???? What the...?

It's interesting. After an initial wave of uncontrolled forum posts, it's pretty dead right now. As soon as there's new information, we'll have another wave.

Prepare yourself! The week's still long. :D

And if TTG really doesn't show anything directly at E3, there's still gamescon from August 18 to 22 in Cologne. If Telltale is there, I might visit them, although I HATE crowds like that. Just_too_many_people...
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    They haven't got a booth.

There's this I guess: http://twitpic.com/1wvl62

According to the official E3 expo website and the floorplan, they have a booth in the West Exhibit Hall.
  • edited June 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    According to the official E3 expo website and the floorplan, they have a booth in the West Exhibit Hall.
    They're in Booth #OFMR4779. OFMR stands for "On-Floor Meeting Room". So it's not really a booth -- they just call every location a "booth" on the E3 web site.
  • edited June 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    They're in Booth #OFMR4779. OFMR stands for "On-Floor Meeting Room". So it's not really a booth -- they just call every location a "booth" on the E3 web site.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.
  • edited June 2010
    From this thread:
    Will wrote: »
    We don't actually have a booth. We have some meeting spaces for BizDev type stuff (and I assume some press appointments). As far as I know, we aren't showing anything that hasn't been announced.
  • edited June 2010
    Want to see the Angry Videogame Nerd comment to the telltale stand?
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-screwattack/700754#comments_top
Sign in to comment in this discussion.