New Puzzle Agent Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbMF5pHOEs&feature=player_embedded

We get to hear Nelson's voice!

I never get tired of saying how excited I am about this game. This is going to be one hell of a ride. Would have liked the trailer even more if it ended with the release date, but I guess you can't have everything.

I wonder what that astronaut was all about. Does Nelson have Twin Peaks-like dreams/visions?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Well, if it's going to be released in June, logic dictates that the release will happen within 15 days.
  • edited June 2010
    are you sure about that? hmmmm....lol.
  • edited June 2010
    At the very least it looks like he has a Twin Peaks like tape recorder :D (Note, I've never really watched Twin Peaks, I just somehow absorb pop culture knowledge from the ether.) This is probably just me, but for some reason I love seeing outdated technology in a video game. Heck, there's a part of me that just loves outdated technology period, especially anything with that chunky-80's look.
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    At the very least it looks like he has a Twin Peaks like tape recorder :D (Note, I've never really watched Twin Peaks, I just somehow absorb pop culture knowledge from the ether.) This is probably just me, but for some reason I love seeing outdated technology in a video game. Heck, there's a part of me that just loves outdated technology period, especially anything with that chunky-80's look.

...80s?
    I had a tape recorder like that for my classes in university... >.>
  • edited June 2010
    Really? A long rectangular one like that? When I was looking around for one in the 90's they all tended to be silver and shimmery and compact squares. Also, chainsaw, (factory?) catwalk, frozen man and sinking hut-thing. This might sound crazy, but this game looks a little creepy.

Did anyone else try to read the other departments as they flashed by? I've made out Closet Monsters, Dept of Cheeses, Housewares, Really Small Guns, Hall of Ages, "Personal" Affairs and Anarchy in the FBI.
  • edited June 2010
    When the spaceman helmet opened I expected the 2001 sound clip to be played... or a wolfman.

**edit** I liked Twin Peaks.... but I watched it years later I was still too young to appreciate it when it was on originally.....
  • edited June 2010
    "Personal" Affairs, Anarchy in the FBI......awesomnessssss.....lol :D
  • edited June 2010
    You didn't mention Freelance Relations, possibly because it's clearly visible at the end. Still, it's a notable reference to Sam & Max, especially with the extension K9(Sam does always pick up, after all).
  • edited June 2010
    Really? A long rectangular one like that? When I was looking around for one in the 90's they all tended to be silver and shimmery and compact squares.

Well, to be fair, I got it from my dad as a kid >.> He used it for dictating stuff for his nurses or something. Anyways, I guess it was from the 80s, but... it worked fine. I'd still be using it if I hadn't left it behind in France, it was the coolest little thing.
    Well I guess an mp3 dictaphone would be more practical for my current needs. Or, well, my mp3 player does record stuff...
    Anyways. I should have kept it. When I get my typewriter and rotary phone, it would have been a great addition.
  • edited June 2010
    Hey, why don't *I* get referenced in trailers?

ylVxY.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    I think they're sending me a message...

Okay, fine! You'll get your Hidden Person.
  • edited June 2010
    Stuff I can make out:

Counter Terrorism ...A2
    Counter Intelligence ...A4
    Cyber Justice ...B1
    Environmental Crime ...B3
    Laboratory Division ...C2
    Autopsies ...B2
    International Affairs ...B4
    Cia at the FBI ...C5
    Dept of Surveillance ...Q2
    Plush Agent Knittery ...Q1
    Library
    Maimtron Factory (:D)
    Mamography
    On Site Dentistry
    Vampire Military
    Department of Lists
    Closet Monsters
    Dept of Cheeses
    House Wares
    Really Small Guns ...V1
    Hall of Ages ...R1
    "Personal" Affairs
    Anarchy in the FBI
    Dept of Wizardry
    Dept of Seamstresses
    Beer House
    Moonfire Spam
    Restrooms
    ... (??)
    Engineering
    Hot Air (??)
    Department of Suits
    Lagomorphology
    Cemetary
    Seminary
    House of Puppets
    Department of Fish
    Window Washers
    Some Disposal (...) You (??)
    Top Secret
    Cow (...) (??)
    Bureau of Words (??)
    Tumb Twiddling
    Bucket Retrieval
    Dwarf Removal
    Lobotomies
    Haberdashery (No, not RatherDashery, sorry ;))
    Stair Protection
    Bureau of Naval Lint
    Sasquatch Research
    Dept of Signage
    Cryptozoology ...W5
    Freelance Relations ...K9 (Freelance Canine? That rings a bell...)

Puzzle Investigation ...Z9

There are a few more, maybe I'll have more time later. Night shift just got a little bit more interesting for me :). Also, I'm crazy.

Edit: Filled in some of the gaps. A few of them are really hard to make out though. Also, I'm crazy.

Edit2: Okay, there are still a few that I can't make out, but I think I got most of them. Crazy.
  • edited June 2010
    That Spaceman in the beginning makes me think that Nelson wins, he goes back to Washington, and then in old Grickle fashion, in the end... He screams.
  • edited June 2010
    Corrected a couple, added in a couple.

Counter Terrorism ...A2
    Counter Intelligence ...A4
    Cyber Justice ...B1
    Environmental Crime ...B3
    Laboratory Division ...C2
    Autopsies ...B2
    International Affairs ...B4
    CIA at the FBI ...C5
    Dept of Surveillance ...Q2
    Plush Agent Knittery ...Q1
    Library ...L1
    Maimtron Factory
    Mamography
    On Site Dentistry
    Vampire Military ...V7
    Department of Lists
    Closet Monsters
    Dept of Cheeses
    Housewares
    Really Small Guns ...V1
    Hall of Ages ...R1
    "Personal" Affairs
    Anarchy in the FBI
    Dept of Wizardry
    Dept of Seamstresses
    Beer House
    Moonfire Spam
    Restrooms
    Spike?
    Engineering
    Hot Ear
    Department of Suits
    Anesthesiology
    Bureau of Words
    R Agency
    Puffins
    Interagency Dating
    [gap of two, something outpost and goal something]
    Lagomorphology
    Cemetary
    Seminary
    House of Puppets
    Department of Fish
    Window Washers
    Home Disposal 4 You
    Top Secret
    Cow Shed
    Bubbleopolis?
    Thumb Twiddling
    Bucket Retrieval
    Dwarf Removal
    Lobotomies
    Haberdashery
    Stair Protection
    Bureau of Naval Lint
    Sasquatch Research
    Dept of Signage ...N7
    Cryptozoology ...W5
    Freelance Relations ...K9
    Puzzle Investigation ...Z9
  • edited June 2010
    At the very least it looks like he has a Twin Peaks like tape recorder :D

Now I hope he makes notes to someone named Diane with it.
  • edited June 2010
    One word springs to mind: Awesome!
  • edited June 2010
    I can definitely see a need for a Department of Moonfire Spam. *guilty as charged*

I'm sad this is only going to be one episode. I can alread tell I'm going to want more. :(
  • edited June 2010
    I'm sad this is only going to be one episode. I can alread tell I'm going to want more. :(
    If it sells well enough, Telltale will develop an entire season -- I definitely hope that happens too.
  • edited June 2010
    CIA at the FBI makes me giggle
  • edited June 2010
    I'm surprised at no Valve references. Crowbar Storage. Black Mesa Coverup Laboratory. Spy and Scout Dissection Area.
  • edited June 2010
    This is so not going to be a game suitable for small kids. They'd have nightmares. I will have nightmares. Loving it.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Consider me well and truly creeped (but loving the "Puzzle Agent Knittery" reference).
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Thanks guys I'm happy with how this trailer turned out. I had to do all kinds of voodoo trickery to prevent spoilers so the best is yet to come!
  • edited June 2010
    As someone who was taking a bit of a chance when he bought this game, I have to say, it looks incredible. The art style is great, and well, I was pretty damn creeped out by the trailer. Now I'm very excited for the game's release.
  • edited June 2010
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Thanks guys I'm happy with how this trailer turned out. I had to do all kinds of voodoo trickery to prevent spoilers so the best is yet to come!

Any help with the departments list? :o
  • edited June 2010

Any help with the release date? :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010

I think the departments list was compiled by a decent chunk of the team (game and trailer folks).
  • edited June 2010
    My favorite is Dwarf Removal. It makes me wonder where they are being removed from...and then start giggling.:D
  • edited June 2010
    I imagine some sort of trail of tears situation only with Dwarfs
  • edited June 2010
    What?! Haven't the dwarves suffered enough over the last 400 years?! I say it is time to end the oppression! We must join with DARF (Dwarf-American Rights Fund) to see that Dwarf rights are finally respected :mad:

@Jake Maybe doodinthemood meant could you help us decipher the full list of departments?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Ohhhh!

Should we do that, or leave it up to you guys to spot them all when it ships? The list is a bit less motion blurred in the real game...
  • edited June 2010
    If you ever bring "Telltale Tuesdays" back, suggestions for additional departments would be a good one.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    For the list, I did the first draft then Matt and Seg changed out some of my more esoteric stuff (how did moonfire spam survive the cut?!) with some of their own. Also, we could provide you a list, but then how would we secretly change at the last minute?
  • edited June 2010
    Quickly! We must decipher the blurry trailer before they change them all! (After all, true fans are anal! :p)
  • edited June 2010
    Congrats on coming up with so many weird stuff. Especially the one about plushies!
    I like the mammography one too >.>
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    For the list, I did the first draft then Matt and Seg changed out some of my more esoteric stuff (how did moonfire spam survive the cut?!) with some of their own. Also, we could provide you a list, but then how would we secretly change at the last minute?

Moonfire Spam is the best one!
  • edited June 2010
    Hmm... I can't wait for this game. :D (Woot for press release!)
  • edited June 2010
    Hey, why don't *I* get referenced in trailers?

ylVxY.jpg

now i want to see if telltale has references to other forum members(as someone mentioned, a rather dashery, or a letter signed gman)
  • edited June 2010
    Best.fbi.agent.ever!!11!
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    now i want to see if telltale has references to other forum members(as someone mentioned, a rather dashery, or a letter signed gman)

Nobody loves me! Dx
Sign in to comment in this discussion.