Sal's Voice Actor Appreciation Thread

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
It's so... enchanting. It reminds me of someone...

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Dude, this appreciation thread thing is starting to border on troll behavior. Granted, you've only created six out of the 52 appreciation threads, so it's more of a group troll behavior, but still...you're not helping things...

Besides, Sal only had one line in the trailer, so this thread is waaaaaaay premature anyway.
  • edited June 2010
    Dude, this appreciation thread thing is starting to border on troll behavior. Granted, you've only created six out of the 52 appreciation threads, so it's more of a group troll behavior, but still...you're not helping things...

Besides, Sal only had one line in the trailer, so this thread is waaaaaaay premature anyway.

But in the game he has many lines! And they all sound awesome!

Anyway, these threads aren't trolling. They are a way for people to say, "I liked this, who else did?".
  • edited June 2010
    At least it's for an actor rather than a mustache this time. And he does sound really great. Disturbingly so.

Edit: Oh yeah, you did get a review copy, didn't you? Should you really talk about that so openly on the forums though?
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, I forgot about your press copy. Us normal folk just barely got a trailer today. We won't be seeing the game for another week. Way to rub it in our faces, jerk.

I still stand by what I said about appreciation threads, though. The last one was about a running gag, and not only has that joke died through repetition, but the thread even got itself locked because there wasn't enough to say about the original topic.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, I forgot about your press copy. Us normal folk just barely got a trailer today. We won't be seeing the game for another week. Way to rub it in our faces, jerk.

I still stand by what I said about appreciation threads, though. The last one was about a running gag, and not only has that joke died through repetition, but the thread even got itself locked because there wasn't enough to say about the original topic.

The week is worth it.
  • edited June 2010
    There you go, rubbing it in our faces again! Sheesh! As if the waiting wasn't hard enough! I don't think we can be friends anymore.
  • edited June 2010
    In Hayden's defense, those of us who posted in that thread are also culpable for its lock. Maybe he shouldn't have started it in the first place, but the rest of us didn't help much either :( Too many ridiculous threads do clutter up the forum, but I also think Sal is shaping up to be a really interesting character. Why don't we agree to keep this thread "quiet" until after the episode comes out so everyone can truly participate in it if they want?
  • edited June 2010
    Seems to me it got locked because people were changing the subject instead of just letting it die when there was nothing more to say about it.

And appreciation threads are fine if people would actually discuss the subject of the thread instead of just saying that they appreciate them. The joke of creating an appreciation thread for something trivial is really overplayed as well.

I'm going to wait until I hear Sal say more than one line before I say anything about his voice.
  • edited June 2010
    Some of the appreciation threads are fine. The ones that are actual appreciation threads. Some are just stupid, and obviously were just created for the fun of coming up with a weird appreciation thread. These are spam in my opinion, and we should let them die.

This here thread though seems to be appropriate. We've had threads about characters' voices before, just because it has the word "appreciation" in it doesn't mean it's automatically spam.

Personally, I can't say I particularly care about Sal's voice. I mean... I read people commenting on it but I don't find anything special about it. Going with another trailer released today, I much prefer Nelson Tethers's voice, for instance.
  • edited June 2010
    We aren't supposed to even mention we have the review copy, I believe, Highway. I'm really starting to hate half the people on this danged forum.
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »

Edit: Oh yeah, you did get a review copy, didn't you? Should you really talk about that so openly on the forums though?

No. He shouldn't. He should be reviewing the game.

Get to it, Highway.
  • edited June 2010
    His voice reminds me of Patrick Warburton, my 4th favorite Voice Actor, after Mark Hammil, Billy West and John DiMaggio.
  • edited June 2010
    We aren't supposed to even mention we have the review copy, I believe, Highway. I'm really starting to hate half the people on this danged forum.

Well that because "some" people taunt us with the full version of the game, when it's not
    even released for some sick and amusing pleasure thing that I really have no interest to study on.
    And as for Sal;

He is already my favorite character, and his voice actor is one of the many things that make him awesome.
  • edited June 2010
    I like him Only because him and I sound exactly alike.

That makes me enchanting.
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Well that because "some" people taunt us with the full version of the game, when it's not
    even released for some sick and amusing pleasure thing that I really have no interest to study on.
    And as for Sal;

He is already my favorite character, and his voice actor is one of the many things that make him awesome.

...I recognize that I have been an ass. I was very excited, first time, but I'm going to try hard to shut up about that now.
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    In Hayden's defense, those of us who posted in that thread are also culpable for its lock. Maybe he shouldn't have started it in the first place, but the rest of us didn't help much either :( Too many ridiculous threads do clutter up the forum, but I also think Sal is shaping up to be a really interesting character. Why don't we agree to keep this thread "quiet" until after the episode comes out so everyone can truly participate in it if they want?

What!? Highway started this thread, not me. I dislike the appreciation threads as much as anyone around here.

Edit: Actually, I don't dislike the appreciation threads as much as anyone, I'm just beginning to find them slightly annoying and would never in my right mind start one.
  • edited June 2010
    Oops, how did I mix you two up? o.O Sorry Hayden! My sincere apologies. O|¯|_
  • edited June 2010
    Hehe, you are forgiven. Don't worry, I'd probably make the same if I wasn't me - Highway and I both have close to the same amount of posts, we both live in Australia, we both joined in 2009, and we both have names that start with 'H'.
  • edited June 2010
    The Highway, are you going to publish that review then?
    I'd like to read it...
  • edited June 2010
    He can only publish it on the midnight of June 22nd.
  • edited June 2010
    ...I recognize that I have been an ass. I was very excited, first time, but I'm going to try hard to shut up about that now.

I wouldn't exactly put as "being an ass". More like you felt tempted to say stuff, but its not like you have said what happens or anything. At least, not that I know of.
  • edited June 2010
    Sal's voice reminds me of Joe from Family Guy or Kronk from the Emperor's New Groove...

...that same vocie actor prehavs? or maybe they just sound similar...
  • edited June 2010
    Sal's voice reminds me of Joe from Family Guy or Kronk from the Emperor's New Groove...

...that same vocie actor prehavs? or maybe they just sound similar...

You mean Patrick Warburton?
  • edited June 2010
    I wouldn't exactly put as "being an ass". More like you felt tempted to say stuff, but its not like you have said what happens or anything. At least, not that I know of.

I was sort of being an ass, I was, in a way, bragging that I had played the episode. Which is quite ass-y
  • edited June 2010
    Enjoy your 2 remaining days of bragging, the Highway...
  • edited June 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Enjoy your 2 remaining days of bragging, the Highway...

I'm not bragging anymore. I never intended to, soooo, yeah.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm not bragging anymore. I never intended to, soooo, yeah.

but your title is a spoiler.
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    but your title is a spoiler.

So what, me actually BEING in this episode isn't good enough, huh, huh?
  • edited June 2010
    So what, me actually BEING in this episode isn't good enough, huh, huh?

It means we have to go to australia to get the brain aswell and I don't belive you are a villan untill season five.
  • edited June 2010
    It means we have to go to australia to get the brain aswell and I don't belive you are a villan untill season five.

Season 6 jaden...
  • edited June 2010
    Actually, his voice kind of reminds me of Chuckles. Maybe that's just me
  • edited June 2010
    Season 6 jaden...

god damn it... I am just gonna sulk in the corner.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm sure when we properly hear Sal's voice, we'll all learn to appreciate it more
  • edited June 2010
    Jaden and Tabstis, just... stop.
  • edited June 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Jaden and Tabstis, just... stop.

what we do?
  • edited June 2010
    oh it's tope again - the same guy who got relationship thread closed down...

we're staying on topic thank you: who was it who voiced sal anyway?

(and foreign guy for that matter ;) )
  • edited June 2010
    what we do?
    Badgering Highway for something that he has already been confronted with. Beating a dead horse is retarded. Even more so on the internet.
    oh it's tope again - the same guy
    *raises finger and opens mouth for a second only to put it down*

...yeah its not even worth talking about anymore, isn't it?
    who got relationship thread closed down...
    No, I'm pretty sure it was you two pandering to Andrew Ryan's incredibly obvious trolling, which got it horribly derailed.
    also, this is such a cute little ad hominem attack.
    we're staying on topic thank you
    Attacking a dude for something he's already got slack on is just useless flotsam that clogs up threads. Stop doing it.

But yeah anyways. It's pretty amazing what voice talent can do for a character. I was always curious as to what was with Sal since the first trailer, but I was able to get a lot out of that single line. I'd say its a bit soon to judge whether I like the character or not, but I'm optimistic.
  • edited June 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    No, I'm pretty sure it was you two pandering to Andrew Ryan's incredibly obvious trolling, which got it horribly derailed.
    also, this is such a cute little ad hominem attack.

Actually it was pheonix that was talking rude.
  • edited June 2010
    who was it who voiced sal anyway?

Every time I hear the voice in the trailer I keep thinking it's someone else, suppose I'll just have to wait till the game comes out which is just 2 sweet days away... unless steam has a lil' acident with it again ^^;
  • edited June 2010
    who was it who voiced sal anyway?

Jared maybe? It sounds like him from my perspective.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.