Sal's Voice Actor Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I ... don't think so ... then again, after the Marquis de Singe I'd say all bets are off the table. I have to say that I never expected two lines of dialog to generate this much interest in the character (okay, to be fair two lines of dialog and the disturbing fact that he seems to be in a relationship with Girl Stinky), but I do have to admit that even I'm excited to play the episode just to hear his voice. Well, that and Noir Sam. And having an actual mystery to solve. And maybe getting to see a unisaur for real.
  • edited June 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    His voice reminds me of Patrick Warburton, my 4th favorite Voice Actor, after Mark Hammil, Billy West and John DiMaggio.

Yeah def, I thought it was him initially, but the delivery was slightly different in certain lines. I was shouting at my screen "THAT'S DAVID BLOODY PUDDY!!"

Sal was a great character, def wanna see more of him
    splash1 wrote: »
    Jared maybe? It sounds like him from my perspective.

it was some guy called "Trip Vegas" if I remember rightly, I kept an eye out at the end just in the hope that it was Warburton
  • edited June 2010
    When I first heard it, I thought Sal was voiced by Patrick Warburton (Joe from Family Guy or David Puddy from Seinfeld). There are slight differences, but the close sound of the voice is what makes it so awesome.
  • edited June 2010
    I thought, Sal's voice sounded like Steven from Newground's "Tankmen". :D
  • edited June 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    it was some guy called "Trip Vegas" if I remember rightly, I kept an eye out at the end just in the hope that it was Warburton
    Yep, it's Vegas Trip, who also did the voice of Chuckles.
  • edited June 2010
    Another who thought it was Patrick Warburton. Such a brilliant voice!
    Vegas Trip... such an odd name. :p
  • edited June 2010
    I think he was trying to sound like Patrick Warburton. The delivery was pretty on-point if he was. I heard a hint of Jon Benjamin (Coach McGuirk) as well.

Damn, and here I thought I was the only person who could do a decent Warburton impression. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZQvhOn9jIU
  • edited June 2010
    Yay! I loved Chuckles! I also don't feel like Sal was just an impersonation of Warburton, I think it's more that he's got the same sort of blue collar, not so bright but really sweet, nice guy feel that Warburton delivers so well. Similar and influenced by, but not just a straight up copy.
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Yay! I loved Chuckles! I also don't feel like Sal was just an impersonation of Warburton, I think it's more that he's got the same sort of blue collar, not so bright but really sweet, nice guy feel that Warburton delivers so well. Similar and influenced by, but not just a straight up copy.

No, not straight up, but awesome nonetheless. I think Sal's my new favorite character. I hope to see more of him. Speaking of "Vegas Trip", I hope Bosco returns from his...Vegas trip.
  • edited June 2010
    So it WAS Chuckes after all.

My bet on was Jared, because there were some similarities between Sal's voice and Thief's voice in ToMI Ep5.
  • edited June 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    His voice reminds me of Patrick Warburton
    yeah that's right ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Definitely sounds like Patrick Warburton. Which is awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.