Android Version?

Highly unlikely, after Linux version or soon?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    As android gets more momentum I hope taletale will begin releasing their game for the android platform as well. The problem could be that android apps are written in JAVA and not C/C++
  • edited June 2010
    @Exore
    that's totally wrong, you still can write in c++ using the NDK (Native Development Kit)
  • 8bitnick8bitnick Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    I just got a droid and I would buy the crap out of this game if it hit the android market.
  • edited July 2010
    According to NPD:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/android-market-share-passes-iphones-npd-data-2010-05-10

It would be silly not to release it on Android, if it is on iPhone. Everyone using better than the MyTouch would be able to play it.
  • edited July 2010
    The news data drastically changed with the new hardware release, and one also needs to include iPad sales into the mix (which can use the same software). Still, it's a good idea, even though the Android attracts more of a tech-savvy audience than the casual ones.

As cool as Droid is, they aren't approaching it with the Liberal Arts integration that Apple's device does. It's a different way of thinking, altogether. Droid will quickly have people looking at, and having to learn about managing tasks and task memory counts, whereas the other has it so people don't have to. And also, as multi-touch-based apps become more common-place, that means more apps you can't port to other devices.

Still, I do like it being sort of the tech-savvy brother to Apple's device market. But alas, the App market is playing a tough game of catch up. Anything to help it out does help perpetuate a growing cycle.
  • edited July 2010
    As the multi-touch apps become more popular, people will migrate from older androids to newer ones, like I did. Google can store all the information (Contacts, preferences, etc.) so upgrading is simply a matter of buying the phone and turning it on, not the hassle it used to be, and no more worries about lost GSMs (/shameless plug). Also, Froyo (which is coming out now) gets rid of a lot of app management problems:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/11/exclusive-androidpolice-coms-nexus-one-is-running-android-2-2-froyo-how-fast-is-it-compared-to-2-1-oh-only-about-450-faster/

The app market is definitely playing hella catch up, but that has more to do with Apple being a marketing megalodon, than market share or anything else.
  • edited July 2010
    In the meantime, if you need some puzzles for your Android phone I can highly recommend Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection that's been ported to just about any platform (okay, I'm exaggerating here, but still...) - including Android... :)

(Probably his attempt at countering the huge time-saver that is PuTTY with something to sink lots of time into... ;))

np: Glitterbug - After All (Privilege (Disc 1))
  • edited July 2010
    You can code Android in c++, c#, java, lots of crap.
  • edited July 2010
    You can code Android in c++, c#, java, lots of crap.
    Well, actually you have to use Java, but your Java code can call platform specific code that comes along in the apk package - that's what ScummVM does, for instance.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.