Congrats ttg

Awesome news guys.... keep on doing what you're doing.

dave-puzzleagent.jpg

Comments

• edited June 2010
    And IGN's Best IPhone game of the E3. ^^!

Congrats, really!
  • edited June 2010
    They've been nominated for "Best Graphics." Now, does that mean "best graphics for a downloadable puzzle game" or "best graphics out of anything shown at e3?"

You know what? Either way, I think I agree. The toon-shaded 3D backgrounds that look just like hand-drawn 2D are really impressive, and the overall art design is a lot more appealing to me than anything else revealed at e3.

Of course, Portal 2 still blew my mind in terms of photorealistic graphics.
  • edited June 2010
    No wonder with this kickass trailer.
  • edited June 2010
    Telltale totally deserve this award! Can't wait to play it!
  • edited June 2010
    Dave finds it impossible to not look adorable in photos :p
    good going guys.
  • edited June 2010
    Yes, congrats to TTG!

Are these official E3 awards, and have the winners been announced? I googled, but all I could find was IGN's E3 awards, Gamespot's E3 awards, and the like. The only site I could find that looked official didn't have anything about best-of awards. :confused: I would be interested to know who the ultimate winners are in these categories.
  • edited June 2010
    E3 itself doesn't announce winners, only individual gaming sites do. The sites pick the game they thought was most interesting from the games displayed at E3.
  • edited June 2010
    Okay, so which site is sponsoring the awards for which PA received the 3 nominations noted in the TTG announcement?
  • edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure it's IGN, the same site that announced them the winner of best iphone game :)
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's IGN, the same site that announced them the winner of best iphone game :)

You mean, the site who announced them winner in a category that they weren't nominated for in the picture?
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »

I don't think so. I found IGN's Best of E3 Awards page and PA was not nominated for anything but iPhone game.
  • edited June 2010
    Hmm, then I don't know really. I had just assumed they were nominated for so many categories, that they were being humble and just posting three :p Huh, searching through I can't figure out who gave them those nominations ...
  • edited June 2010
    Puzzle Agent was nominated for Best Puzzle Game, Best Downloadable Game, and Best Graphics by Gaming Excellence at E3 2010!

http://www.gamingexcellence.com

The site doesn't list any of the awards or nominees yet, so maybe the winners haven't been announced yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    http://www.gamingexcellence.com

The site doesn't list any of the awards or nominees yet, so maybe the winners haven't been announced yet.

Okay, thanks. I didn't get that that was a website -- never heard of it before.
  • edited June 2010
    No idea about which gaming site gave which award(s) but it sounds reasonable that they had been picked up for the best iOS game. The graphics category might be more in an art like way as nothing TTG has ever released is fab on the gfx side so far.

But who cares if you got some hombo jombo award as long as the game looks and plays, and oh sounds ;O) fine?! Personally i like those minimalistic but well designed games a lot.
  • edited June 2010
    According to this there are two types of graphics awards; artistic and technical. Puzzle Agent has been nominated for artistic. The winners of the categories are being announced next week.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.