German Tourist Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I thought he was an okay new character, but seemed better suited to ToMI. His voice/dialouge was quite entertaining though.
    Btw what was the deal with him in Act 3? I saw him near the table and I think he said something near there about the corndogs but I never saw him again??
  • edited June 2010
    Conor wrote: »
    I thought he was an okay new character, but seemed better suited to ToMI. His voice/dialouge was quite entertaining though.
    Btw what was the deal with him in Act 3? I saw him near the table and I think he said something near there about the corndogs but I never saw him again??

He was
    killed by skunkape
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    He was
    killed by skunkape

I think that part was glitched out of my game. probally had to do with max being in credit card form the first time I clicked on the corndogs.
  • edited June 2010
    Majus wrote: »
    Wow thanks people, I appreciate it!
    Next time you are at the dinnertable, confuse your family&friends with a conversation involving "Weltraumliebewachzauberkrieg". It's fun!

Wow. Telltale internships offer some pretty good perks. Voice acting, screenwriting, advertising. Is it helping to get your name out?
  • edited June 2010
    Majus wrote: »
    Oh, he is not german. He is european.
    I wonder if that explanation also works for tomorrow's today's formula 1 race - they bill Valencia as being the "European track" when I'm pretty sure it was in Spain last I checked... :D

(Or maybe it's just some clever hack to squeeze two Spanish races out of the FIA rules - I dunno...)

np: Marsmobil - Patience (Sixteen F**king Years Of G-Stone Recordings (Disc 1))
  • edited June 2010
    I came into this topic expecting to ask "why does this topic exist?" but then Majus the VA and amazement and shock and then fainted and then happy and then understanding.

If I'm not clear, tell me.
  • edited June 2010
    The tourist is, as people have mentioned, a pisstake of the fact that a lot of people from the US think that "European" (and "British", for that matter) is a nationality. There are many different countries, with many different customs and languages. The tourist, therefore is utterly confusing (not to mention confused himself) because he is a mixture of so many different ones. He also seems to have an endless enthusiasm despite the fact that he seems to run into bad luck throughout his entire appearance. I noticed Norwegian and Danish aspects to both his appearance and personality too (including use of the words "Nej" and "Fjord", and even though he's a reused TOMI model, he bears an incredible resemblance to Senior from the Danish band Junior Senior (the guy on top in the picture below) so I thought that was part of the idea. :DJunior+Senior.jpg
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    He also says "De nada" at one point, which is clearly Portuguese.

Fixed
  • edited June 2010
    Isn't it both?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.