Lucas Arts Should buy Telltale

Comments

• edited June 2010
    There are enough Star Wars games already.
  • edited June 2010
    There are enough Star Wars games already.

Agreed, I'm getting so sick of them. The only Star Wars games that I want to see released would be either a Star Wars adventure game (which would never happen) or another installment of the superb Jedi Knight series (which looks unlikely).
  • edited June 2010
    Nah, LA should not buy TTG. But I think that their cooperation has payed off great for us fans, with the Talels of Monkey Island games that helped bring back a great franchise. So I'm hoping that they will work together again at some point, but TTG should remain their own company.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Agreed, I'm getting so sick of them. The only Star Wars games that I want to see released would be either a Star Wars adventure game (which would never happen) or another installment of the superb Jedi Knight series (which looks unlikely).

I agree with this, but with the humble addition of SW:TOR. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    Telltale should buy LucasArts. :D.

Tehe, I was gonna say that. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Worst. Idea. Ever.

...but I agree with Telltale taking over Lucasarts.....
  • edited June 2010
    This is really bad, but what the hell...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1621&stc=1&d=1277573514
  • edited June 2010
    fearnleyp wrote: »
    Worst. Idea. Ever.

And that's one epic first post. :D
  • edited June 2010
    lol kind of messed up for telltale employees to vote
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »

The Force unleashed game wasn't the bad.
  • edited June 2010
    And there's a sequel coming up. I have only tried the PSP version of Force Unleashed, but I thought that was kinda fun. I tried the demo of it on PS3, and I kinda liked that too, despite the somewhat awkard force elevation controls (lifting and throwing people around was difficult - I imagine if this was a top down game the controls would work better).
  • edited June 2010
    jermy52 wrote: »
    The Force unleashed game wasn't the bad.

TFU feels kind of just like a Jedi Knight spin-off, so it's pretty okay.
  • edited June 2010
    I really enjoyed the demo. I'd like to get the full game. I'd even get the sequel probably when it comes out...
  • edited June 2010
    I prefer TTG on its own, Lucasart has to prove herself making new adventure games. Of the Star Wars games I kind of like Knights of the old republic, and Force unleashed was good too.
  • edited June 2010
    I really enjoyed the demo. I'd like to get the full game. I'd even get the sequel probably when it comes out...

Well then, good news everyone! The Ultimate Sith Edition of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is only $7.49, today only, on Steam!

farnsworth.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    No, please. Telltale it's ok as it is. Just a little big company who dows big games. I don't care about Lucas Arts, although they are putting out the SE for the first two MI games.
  • edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    I voted yes. They should have them as their adventure games studio. Perfect for we consumers.

But why would they? When they can put the telltale team to work on the next "Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars what-if-obiwan-had-killed-anakin" game?. There's always more money to squeeze from the star wars saga.

I voted no.

That said, a new Star Wars FPS would be awesome, imagine something like Call of Duty but set on the Star Wars universe.
  • edited June 2010
    No. Simple as that.

Working together though... that's a whole different kettle of fish.
  • edited June 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    what do you think?

I love this idea about as much as I love anything and everything LucasArts has produced in the last eight years. They stopped being good after the golden era of adventure games.

And the former C.E.O of LucasArts made me want to kill myself with his "Let's make nothing but star wars games until the fans eyes explode because adventure games are crap" attitude.

Yeah.
  • edited June 2010

The size of the download is freaking ridiculous though.
  • edited June 2010
    Please no!

Telltale games is the new Lucas Arts.
  • edited June 2010
    If it would mean future ToMI season DVDs would ship a lot faster, sure
  • edited June 2010
    If it would mean future ToMI season DVDs would ship a lot faster, sure

No, it would mean that future Monkey Island DVDs wouldn't exist.
  • edited June 2010
    I laughed when I read the title
    me too telltale doesen't need lucas arts
  • edited June 2010
    me too telltale doesen't need lucas arts

Well it wasn't meant to be serious i just wanted to see the reaction.
  • edited June 2010
    Obvious backpedaling is obvious. :)
  • edited June 2010
    Telltale employees left LucasArts for a reason...it would kind of defeat the whole purpose of them branching out on their own to just be merged back with them. No, they should stay where they are and make it on their own. No mergers. No buy-outs. They really don't need it.

Agree whole heartedly. It's a daft suggestion.
  • edited June 2010
    fearnleyp wrote: »
    Worst. Idea. Ever.

Kudos :D
  • edited June 2010
    LOL, has to be one of the most rejected ideas ever. Personally if I started this thread I'd feel terrible, might even jump out a window or in front of a bus!

I kid, I kid...

There are records to be won here though, some positive, some not...
  • edited June 2010
    Uh no...

I could just see lucas arts mushing telltale together and going back to business as usual making action and star wars games.
  • edited June 2010
    I think if you really want Telltale to have a higher budget for their games let them make it big on their own. Doing it exactly the way they want to instead of being market-researched and with LucasArts' say in everything they do (which they absolutely would seeing as they'd be the ones giving TTG all the extra money if they owned them).
  • edited June 2010
    Each season they come out with, looks more and more amazing I can not wait to see what they roll out in the next few years... Do not sell these kids short they know what they are doing... and I think they understand their fanbase and will give us games we want to play..
  • edited June 2010
    I laughed when I read the title
    Me too! heh

My answer is: "No way, are you kidding me?"
  • edited June 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    LOL, has to be one of the most rejected ideas ever. Personally if I started this thread I'd feel terrible, might even jump out a window or in front of a bus!

yeah thats exactly how i feel
  • edited June 2010
    Ignore the haters.... its a good topic it made for some nice conversation... even though I still think the two companies are fine on their own.
  • edited June 2010
    Erm, how is having less companies competing in the genre better for consumers again?

What? LucasArts isn't doing adventure games. Duh.
  • edited June 2010
    well we have yet to see what the new president is going to be like. Hopefully he will be more like Darrell rather the Jim
  • edited June 2010
    jermy52 wrote: »
    well we have yet to see what the new president is going to be like. Hopefully he will be more like Darrell rather the Jim

Yes Jim almost destroyed the company.
  • edited June 2010
    Tell Tale is doing just fine on it's own, they don't need Lucas Arts. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I'd rather LucasArts over EA.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.