Lucas Arts Should buy Telltale

13»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    If TTG was bought up by LA, I would give them one chance. ONE CHANCE.

I'm just kidding :(. I'm a TTG addict. I'll do whatever under whatever conditions. I suck.
  • edited June 2010
    "lucas arts? where we're going we don't need lucas arts."
  • edited June 2010
    Telltale does pretty good on its own... So no thank you :)
  • edited June 2010
    "In mother russia, LucasArts no buy TellTale, TellTale buy LucasArts"
  • edited June 2010
    jannar85 wrote: »
    Telltale does pretty good on its own... So no thank you :)

Brilliant, I almost agree. I don't expect anything that great from them in the near future at least...
  • edited July 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes, but money had already gone into the game and development was well past the half-way point. If money had already been spent on the game, why not just finish the damned thing off? And I can assure you that the game would have been more successful than 'Grim Fandango', because 'Freelance Police' was a sequel of an already loved game while 'Grim Fandango' was a completely new game and concept.

While I hate to defend LucasArts it is worth pointing out that the sales of Escape from Monkey Island were also pretty lackluster and there isn't a more beloved Adventure game franchise than Monkey Island; so while you could say Freelance Police could have been more successful than Grim Fandango there are no guarantees it would have been a hit.

It is however feasible that had it garnered good reviews from critics and positive word of mouth from fans that it could have turned around the disturbing trend of declining Adventure games sales at that time, but now we'll never know because LucasArts canned it.
  • edited July 2011
    if lucas arts brought telltale they would make them make a game about the guybrush costume in force unleashed 2 just because its something star wars

lol just kidding
  • edited July 2011
    jermy52 wrote: »
    Why does everyone hate Lucas Arts now?

I like LucasArts. But Telltale is fine the way they are. One of the main reasons I love them is 'cause they are able to all be one big happy family with no jedis.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Just a reminder that no one has answered to this thread in a year. Thank you, that is all.
  • edited July 2011
    Ghuh Ghuh Ghuh GHOST THREAD!
  • edited July 2011
    Just a reminder that no one has answered to this thread in a year. Thank you, that is all.

Oh hey... Look at that. I got tricked into continuing the necro! God have mercy on my soul!
  • edited July 2011
    are you guys just going through old threads and responding to them? This thread has been inactive for over a year. Why bring it up again?
  • edited July 2011
    If you have something good to add to the thread, I don't see why its age would matter.

Also, no, I don't want LucasArts to buy Telltale.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.