Did anybody notice that Sal sounds just like Chuckles?

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Unsurprisingly, they've both got the same voice actor. I think Chuckles must've been a member of the unorthodox potato church and got re-incarnated as a giant cockroach.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    "Agent Chuckles awoke one morning to discover that he had been transformed into a giant cockroach."

Naw, too good.
  • edited June 2010
    I thought they sounded the same. Ah ha! Sal as the chef got merged with the listening device cockroach and Chuckles! Sal's Size + Chuckles' Voice + Cockroach's Looks = Cockroach Sal.
  • edited June 2010
    You know, a giant cockroach isn't that surprising after seeing a giant mentally unstable rabbit and a suited 3-fingered dog with a gun :D
  • edited June 2010
    I think the voice is based on Patrick Warburton, especially in his David Puddy role.
    It's a pretty good imitation, I like it!
  • edited June 2010
    Just said this in another thread but this one if more relevant. Reminds me of John Ratzenberger.
  • edited June 2010
    Just said this in another thread but this one if more relevant. Reminds me of John Ratzenberger.

Now that you mention it, I can hear that in Sal too. And it nicely fills in that gap of "Where have I heard that voice (type) before?" that just comparing it to Warburton didn't quite manage for me.

It's a brilliant voice and performance, in any case.
  • edited June 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    I think the voice is based on Patrick Warburton, especially in his David Puddy role.
    It's a pretty good imitation, I like it!

Exactly.
  • edited June 2010
    Captain Awesome from chuck sounds a little like that as well.... like a junior Patrick Warburton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMmwvPxPKYQ
  • edited June 2010
    Sal is not Chuckles, he was working at (or recently fired from) Stinky's when Chuckles was in the office in Hell (look for him when Satan is berating Brady Culture).
  • edited June 2010
    Think everyone's just having mindless fun in the land of make believe plot lines.
  • edited June 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Exactly.

In fact, I was wainting for him to utter a "Yeah that's right.", but he didn't.
  • edited June 2010
    "Feels like an Arby's night."
  • edited June 2010
    richforce wrote: »
    Sal is not Chuckles, he was working at (or recently fired from) Stinky's when Chuckles was in the office in Hell (look for him when Satan is berating Brady Culture).

No, I'm saying, the real Sal's memories were mixed with Chuckles' voice and the cockroach listening device's looks.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.