Who felt bad after...

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Sal got
beaten up by that ape
. It is the first time I've ever felt like I did something wrong in an adventure game.

Sal is SUCH A LIKEABLE GUY

Comments

• edited June 2010
    We'll he's got the voice. you know the one that screams "I'm a huge teddy bear"

so yeah... yes I did
  • edited June 2010
    His voice really reminds me of John Ratzenberger.

And yes, I felt a little guilty.
  • edited June 2010
    Me too. It didn't help that
    even Sam sounded a touch more remorseful than the other times he's had to do something he's not totally comfortable with from an ethical standpoint
    . And that, too, was completely justified by Sal's pervasive likability. Heck, if Sam drank, I could imagine he and Sal being drinking buddies, those two got along so well.

In short, it was impossible for me to not feel for the big lug ... (And here I had foolishly thought I would never say that about a giant talking cockroach, haha.)
  • edited June 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Sal got
    beaten up by that ape
    . It is the first time I've ever felt like I did something wrong in an adventure game.

Which makes me think you've never played Simon the Sorcerer . . . And yes, I felt guilty. It was just a familiar type of guilt. :o
  • edited June 2010
    Same here. The only other time I've felt guilty in an adventure game was after
    sending Timmy Two-Teeth to Hell
    in What's New, Beelzebub?, but that feeling of guilt went away quickly after I
    brought him back.
  • edited June 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Same here. The only other time I've felt guilty in an adventure game was after
    sending Timmy Two-Teeth to Hell
    in What's New, Beelzebub?, but that feeling of guilt went away quickly after I
    brought him back.
    Ah, yes. More than that, I felt a bit guilty about
    previously believing he was faking his Tourette's to get to say cuss words
  • edited June 2010
    Yep, I did feel guilty, although it was not for the first time in an adventure game :o
  • edited June 2010
    Yep, I did feel guilty, although it was not for the first time in an adventure game :o

It really does come with the territory, huh? Ruining (or just temporarily screwing with) at least one innocent person's life seems part and parcel to beating most adventure games. Some instances are worst than others, though. ^^;
  • edited June 2010
    Guilty. I believe I may have uttered a small 'aww' along with it.
    How is it possible that I like a giant cockroach?!
  • edited June 2010
    It really does come with the territory, huh? Ruining (or just temporarily screwing with) at least one innocent person's life seems part and parcel to beating most adventure games. Some instances are worst than others, though. ^^;

Absolutely. Just after the 2nd episode, I was dead pissed at the moles for killing Sameth and Maximus, two immensely likeable, completely innocent rascals. Then, when I thought a bit about it, I realised that during the episode, among other "mischiefs", we turned Jurgen into a vampire simply to get access to his travelling trunk. But it was OK, as Jurgen wasn't a great chap, while Sal was. Ummm... I'm missing something here, aren't I? :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2010
    ...Bad? You don't know how bad feels until you come back from the john to find your little buddy lobotomized, a vacant stare plastered across his face like he'd endured an endless omnibus of 'I Love Money'.
    When I saw Sal being being beaten up on account of my own doing, I felt...nothing...I don't even know how to feel anymore...now I'm just a shell of a dog, about as emotionless as a rock playing poker...

But seriously, yeah, I did feel kinda bad, Sal's a stand-up cockroach! Hope to see more of him in future episodes. :D
  • edited June 2010
    This was my reaction to what happened to Sal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yfr_Zj1iU4&feature=player_embedded
  • edited June 2010
    For many, the first moment of guilt was the stamp collector scene in DoTT. After that it got easier every time :)
  • edited June 2010
    You know, i felt more bad about making yo momma jokes of Leonard's mother. With Sal, i actually laughed with Sammun-mak's comment.
  • edited June 2010
    There were only two instances that I've ever felt guilt during a Sam & Max game. The first was telling Yo Mamma jokes to a guy with a dead mother, and the second was getting a friendly, amicable guy like Sal beaten on. His poor, poor thorax. :(
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, I felt really guilty too. I think Sal has managed to get a certain voodoo belt buckle that belonged to a certain undead pirate, since everyone trusted him the instant they saw him.
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    Yeah, I felt really guilty too. I think Sal has managed to get a certain voodoo belt buckle that belonged to a certain undead pirate, since everyone trusted him the instant they saw him.

But should we be trusting him? :eek:
  • edited June 2010
    Of course.

But not for Leonard. He cheated, man, HE CHEATED. No way didn't he had it coming. :p
  • edited July 2010
    The only other time I felt bad in a TTG game was when I stole D'Oro's Pink Pajama Pierre doll in ToMI.
  • edited July 2010
    The only other time I felt bad in a TTG game was when I stole D'Oro's Pink Pajama Pierre doll in ToMI.

Why? The guy had a ton of them and didn't like them at all. Unless you feel bad for Guybrush, since you made him touch porcelain.
  • edited July 2010
    Agreed. But, hey, Sal's not dead! He's got that going for him, at least.
  • edited July 2010
    Agreed. But, hey, Sal's not dead! He's got that going for him, at least.

Don't say that! You'll jinx him!
  • edited July 2010
    Hell, I feel guilty about the ending of Puzzle Agent, about
    having Isaac Davner being taken away
    . I can't really think of anything else, but feeling somewhat guilty for destroying the internet in 105.
  • edited July 2010
    Oh I felt guilty about Morgan in TOMI when she
    gets killed
    . I felt like I was personally responsible...
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Don't say that! You'll jinx him!

Oh please. Candlejack has more superstitious credibility tha
Sign in to comment in this discussion.