More Puzzle Agent please!

I just this minute finished the pilot episode and loved it. I was hoping my perfect score, no hints, would get me some stupendous prize but oh well.

More please! I likes me some puzzles.

-Errol

Comments

• Ba5Ba5
    edited July 2010
    Just finished it, loved it, but I was kind of hoping for complete stories every episode, like a normal CSI-like show. Cliffhangers suck! What if PA has terrible sales, or Telltale decides to focus on other projects? We'd never see the ending of this story arc! See also: Shenmue 3, Half-Life episode 3.
  • edited July 2010
    Ahh yes. Shenmue 3 (or the lack of) marks the single worst Cliffhanger of all videogames. Shenmue 2 finally gets to the point where all the doors, of the Shenmue world, finally fling open to reveal a taste of the reality for which all of the mysterious events would be given meaning. Then it leaves the audience hanging to never see that world realized. Shenmue 2 was beautiful in many ways, but it's a painful beauty. It gets awesome then halts mid sentence.
  • edited July 2010
    ...there is no cliffhanger...

The mystery is solved. Next time if there is one might be the Treasure of Jacksonville. Scoggins is done, however.
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Errol wrote: »
    I was hoping my perfect score, no hints, would get me some stupendous prize but oh well.

Well-done, agent! Take pride in the fact that you wasted the fewest taxpayer dollars possible.
  • edited July 2010
    I only had time to play one hour of the game but... I want an entire season!
    6 episodes! (like S&M season 1) :)
    Telltale... pleeeeeease!
  • edited July 2010
    I L-O-V-E-D IT! But I expected to go on more places on the map and I had a feeling that the story just stopped at the end (One second he is watching gnomes taking away that Isaac guy and the next he's in his office reading the newspaper?)
  • edited July 2010
    I L-O-V-E-D IT! But I expected to go on more places on the map and I had a feeling that the story just stopped at the end (One second he is watching gnomes taking away that Isaac guy and the next he's in his office reading the newspaper?)

I have the feeling he is now a plant. He was clearly brainwashed by the Hidden People in between scenes.

Anyway, I agree! Pilot was great. Time for Season 1!
  • edited July 2010
    Telltale need to make this into a series. They cannot end it like that!
  • edited July 2010
    Ba5 wrote: »
    JCliffhangers suck! What if PA has terrible sales, or Telltale decides to focus on other projects? We'd never see the ending of this story arc!
    It wasnt a cliff hanger
    The factory gets opened, the man dies but thats not your problem. Case solved go home
    Its not supposed to be a happy ending (and it wouldnt be Grickle if someone isnts carried away screaming at the end)
    Personly I liked the endong
  • edited July 2010
    I liked the ending too, was appropriate. The actual assignment was completed.
  • edited July 2010
    I kinda liked the ending, but still wanna help the guy...

This needs to get a full season treatment, I loved the game
  • edited July 2010

His mission wasnt to rescue him it was just to open the door.
  • edited July 2010
    I've just finished it! I need more! I'll probably replay this again in the next week or so. I just loved it!
  • edited July 2010
    Awesome game! I really liked the fargo touch. laughed out loud when i came to the hut with the cult and saw the sign brorskap av skogen. since i am Norwegian it was kinda funny and cool =D
  • edited July 2010
    Definately series-worthy! There just isn't anything else like this out there for PC puzzle/gnome fans--hopefully Telltale seizes the opportunity.
  • edited July 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    Well-done, agent! Take pride in the fact that you wasted the fewest taxpayer dollars possible.

On this topic, I love how it takes $75,642.98 to do something as simple as putting a torn-up crossword back together :D.
  • edited July 2010
    Ba5 wrote: »
    Just finished it, loved it, but I was kind of hoping for complete stories every episode, like a normal CSI-like show. Cliffhangers suck! What if PA has terrible sales, or Telltale decides to focus on other projects? We'd never see the ending of this story arc! See also: Shenmue 3, Half-Life episode 3.
    I thought the ending had just enough wrap up, but left enough room for a sequel. The guy mention local law enforcement handling it, maybe this means you'd play as the Sheriff. Just a thought, but it would be awesome if each game had a different gameplay style, and a different player character, but kept with the same overarching story.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think we'll be going back to Scoggins. The entire town is being tormented by the hidden people. It'd be like playing as the sheriff of Silent Hill. You already know the town and are sucked into the scary stuff behind the scenes. There's no tension.

This def needs a season. There's so much you can do here. I loved the puzzles I loved how creepy it was. I can sum up my entire review of the game in three words: MORE PUZZLE AGENT!
  • edited July 2010
    Sixkiller wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be going back to Scoggins.

My guess is that we will. From the first time I saw the website I got the impression that "Mystery of Scoggins" was kind of like the season title. More importantly, Telltale has already invested a lot of resources in the story, the characters, casting the voices, the music, etc. I can't imagine they'd start all over for each $10 episode. Most of the reviews, even the ones with mediocre scores, have commented favorably on the setting and the characters. They're trying to build a market for the game -- one that goes way beyond Grickle fans -- why would they throw out all they've built so far and take the chance that a new setting and characters might not have the same charm that everyone seems to love about Puzzle Agent?
  • edited July 2010
    I'd love to see more. I really enjoyed the game. Minor quibbles with some of the puzzles where the rules were not clearly spelled out, and wish it were longer, but what there was to be played was top notch.
  • edited July 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    My guess is that we will. From the first time I saw the website I got the impression that "Mystery of Scoggins" was kind of like the season title.

Wrong, The Mistery of Scoggins is the first episode's title, not the season's title. At least, that's the name of the folder on My Documents/Telltale Games where the saved games are kept.

Telltale, please make a Puzzle Agent season. I loved it!
  • edited July 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    Wrong, The Mistery of Scoggins is the first episode's title, not the season's title. At least, that's the name of the folder on My Documents/Telltale Games where the saved games are kept.

None of the game files or folders in the Mac version are called "Mystery of Scoggins". Whether or not that's actually the title of the season, I stick by my guess that future episodes, if they get made, will continue in Scoggins (see the other reasons in my first post).
  • edited July 2010
    I can't wait until we get another episode. I first thought I had done something wrong to get the abrupt "bad" ending, but apparently, that's all you get. Sigh... no for the long wait.
  • edited July 2010
    I really liked this game and would really enjoy a season of it.
    Really enjoyed the voice acting and characters, cant wait for more
  • edited July 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »
    Ahh yes. Shenmue 3 (or the lack of) marks the single worst Cliffhanger of all videogames.

What're you talking about Ecco 2
    he jumps into a portal and it ends with "To be Continued..."
    and past then all Eccos were remakes or prequels.
  • edited July 2010
    I haven't played Runaway 3 yet, but I heard it doesn't continue the ending of 2. So there's another one...

And Dreamfall, and KOTOR2.
    Basically all games whose ending where made for sequels, yet the sequels never came...
  • edited July 2010
    KOTOR II didn't have an ending made for sequels, because it DIDN'T HAVE AN ENDING. Not in the normal sense, like when a mysterious ending is placed in order to build up for the next installment. No, there was an actual ending PLANNED, it was simply NEVER MADE. Which is terrible, because it was quite possibly some of Chris Avellone's best work ever, which is quite possibly the greatest compliment I can give to any game-related work.
  • edited July 2010
    I haven't played Runaway 3 yet, but I heard it doesn't continue the ending of 2. So there's another one...

I haven't played it either, but I'm pretty sure that 'A Twist of Fate' does continue from number 2, just not directly. It's not so much that the game doesn't continue on from the ending of 'Dream of the Turtle', the case is that the beginning of number 3 doesn't continue on from the ending of number 2. I've heard that 'A Twist of Fate' picks up a long time after the ending of number 2, and it's only until late in the game that the events of what happened during that time period are revealed. But, then again, I haven't played the game; this is only what I've heard. I might be completely wrong.
    And Dreamfall, and KOTOR2.
    Basically all games whose ending where made for sequels, yet the sequels never came...

Isn't there an episodic 'Longest Journey' game in pre-production which is meant to follow on from the ending of 'Dreamfall'?
  • edited July 2010
    KOTOR II didn't have an ending made for sequels, because it DIDN'T HAVE AN ENDING.
    You should try out our restoration mod ;) (Well, when the site comes back up... or you could always get it on filefront I guess.
    It was made for a KOTOR3. But instead LA rather f***ed up 2 and made TOR with BioWare :(.
    Hayden wrote: »
    Isn't there an episodic 'Longest Journey' game in pre-production which is meant to follow on from the ending of 'Dreamfall'?
    It was planned, canned and then picked up again. Unsure what's it's current status though, it might have been canned again, or is just really low on the radar...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.