No font output on Mac

Hi Guys,
I loaded today Puzzle Agent for the Mac and I got a lot of problems.
In the game are NO menus, NO dialogs and NO fonts. So it's completely unplayable.
Then I loaded PA for the PC and everything worked.
So ... does anyone else have the same problem, or maybe a solution?

Sincerely,
Hammerhead

P.S:
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

Edit:
I'm using a MacBook Pro 5.5 with OS X 10.6.4

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Same here: no text, no speech. Same hardware and Mac OS X combination –*also running in a non-English language.
  • edited June 2010
    Running fine for me. I am running on 10.6.3 though. Don't want to update now incase I screw up the game!
  • edited July 2010
    Some problems here: 10.6.4
  • edited July 2010
    I'm running 10.5.6, and I didn't have any problems.

Well, one guy's face disappeared for a bit. :)
    I wish there was a no-face smiley. Heh
  • edited July 2010
    Hi,

I can start Puzzle Agent, but I don't see any text (in main menu and all over). I can click blind on empty buttons only... :confused:

My system:

MacBook Pro
    Mac OS X 10.6.4
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Whats wrong?
  • edited July 2010
    Did you try removing the application and reinstalling it? I have the same system config, and it's working just fine.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Hey everyone, we've figured this out. This ONLY affects people playing the game on a non-English Mac. We are working on a patch and will likely have it up today or tomorrow, but in the meantime you can play the game by changing your system language to English. Sorry guys!
  • edited July 2010
    thats weak. how about beta testing it with european users too? if you want to, i can be a german beta tester :-)
  • edited July 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Hey everyone, we've figured this out. This ONLY affects people playing the game on a non-English Mac. We are working on a patch and will likely have it up today or tomorrow, but in the meantime you can play the game by changing your system language to English. Sorry guys!
    How do you do that?

edit. nevermind, changed it to English
  • edited July 2010
    Well, now it works (after setting english as systemlanguage).
    Now I have only two more questions ...
    1st: Where do I report bugs? I got one which I could reproduce everytime.
    2nd: Where does Telltale save the Savegamefiles on the Mac? (In general and in the case of Puzzle Agent, if it differs)

Sincerely,
    Hammerhead
  • edited July 2010
    Mmm...is the patch out? The game autoupdates itself?
  • edited July 2010
    What about now?
    edited July 2010
    When the patch goes out, I'll make a post. It probably won't be until Monday at the earliest.
  • edited July 2010
    I hope that we will see more stable and serious tested releases in the future again.

One aspect i really liked about TTG was that they had releases which worked out of the box without the patching desasters you are used to from quite some other publishers.

The lastest releases (certain bugs here and there, poor performance on Macs, no international testing) were a bit concerning in this respect and i would prefer officially delayed but working releases instead.

I would like to return to the old days were a released game just works and where one download was enough.

And if there show up some unexpected issues, that you also get informed in a reasonable way. Oh and that obviously things get fixed as soon as possible as well then.

Looking forward to a working Puzzle Agent next week.
  • edited July 2010
    Where does Telltale save the Savegamefiles on the Mac? (In general and in the case of Puzzle Agent, if it differs)

~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/MonkeyIsland101/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/MonkeyIsland105/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/Puzzle Agent/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/SamMax201/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/SamMax303/

(If you played an early version of TOMI, then your save location might be different.)
  • edited July 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    I would like to return to the old days were a released game just works and where one download was enough.

LOL. That ship has sailed.
  • edited July 2010
    taumel wrote: »

The lastest releases (certain bugs here and there, poor performance on Macs, no international testing) were a bit concerning in this respect and i would prefer officially delayed but working releases instead.
    QUOTE]

That's the thing. Macs. It's something Telltale hasn't done for "the old days" and they might've not gotten the hang of it yet.

Plus, this game was finished right before the deadline.
    Gabe Newell said it best: "Making Video Games is Hard."
  • edited July 2010
    Nope, it's not only about Macs. I have the feeling that recently there slip in more errors on the PC as well. I can't remember that i ever had to redownload any episode of the earlier series. Secondly, from a customers point of view, i quite don't care if the Mac platform is new or not, if it's support then i also expect it to work properly, otherwise things should be communicated and hold back.

Not only games are hard to make, everything which is more complicate and has limited ressources and/or a deadline is.
  • edited July 2010
    What about now?
  • edited July 2010
    Will wrote: »

This is not quite true. I have english set as my system language and have no summary text for my save games and no text on buttons in the menu. I do have dialogue text in the game. My spelling is set to Canadian English and my keyboard layout is Dvorak. I have tried changing the system language to US English and the keyboard layout to US but that had no effect.
  • edited July 2010
    Janichsan wrote: »
    What about now?
    I'm confident that Puzzle Agent will be released this week.
  • SegSeg
    edited July 2010
    This isn't the final solution and I assure you a real solution is being worked on, but here's something that I got working. It's a third-party application, but it's a useful tool for anyone fluent in more than one language on their Mac.

Language Switcher

Using this launcher, it will force-launch Puzzle Agent to English without changing your system settings. I already confirmed this on my Mac after switching to German as a system language. Don't worry about the launcher saying there's only English, it will launch correctly.

I want to stress that this isn't the final solution and that a real fix is being worked on. Relying on a different application is not a solution. I know this will come back with some flames about using a third party application. Just know that this isn't considered the fix, but this will work for the time being.
  • edited July 2010
    This is a nice tool.
    edited July 2010
    UPDATE! New Mac build is up. This only changes the foreign language issue that people were experiencing, so if you don't have that problem then you can save yourself the download. But you should now be able to run the game with text and so forth even if your operating system is in a different language.

The new version of the file is called PuzzleAgent_Mac_Setup_v2.dmg (so you know you have the right version). The Steam build is also v2.
  • edited July 2010
    Do the save files get erased when installing the new version?
  • SegSeg
    edited July 2010
    20_fox_05 wrote: »
    Do the save files get erased when installing the new version?
    Nope! They're stored in your ~\Documents\Telltale Games\ folder. Unless you manually delete them, they'll still be there working for you.
  • edited July 2010
    Great, thanks!
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for the update.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.