A idea for if this makes afull season

Why not release it on the (3)DS? As it does seem like a fun fit for the console (granted it seems fun for any) but it'd also be fun to take it around and get people addicted to it.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Well, I don't think the DS would be able to handle the graphics unless they remade it in fully 2D and the 3DS isn't coming out until christmas next year, I think telltale will be done porting puzzle agent to all the platforms they want to by then and a port won't be done.
  • edited July 2010
    3DS isn't coming out christmas nextyear, it's coming out Feb of next year.
  • edited July 2010
    The DS is capable of pulling off Puzzle Agent, just not as crisp as other platforms. The 3DS is more than capable, and Nintendo has stated that it will be released before March 31, 2011. The main factor is whether or not the Telltale engine would work on the DS/3DS. I'm sure they could find a way if they wanted to.
  • edited July 2010
    It's not like they can't spend a some time porting it. Hell, I'd like to see all TellTale games on the (3)DS. It's annoying getting people addicted luging my laptop around. Plus people are less likely to buy PC games then DS games. Like I met someone who wanted the Strong Bad games, but didn't want to pay $10 per ep[Wiiware], but also didn't want to buy them for his PC. He uses the Droid so the iPhone is out of the way.
  • edited July 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Plus people are less likely to buy PC games then DS games.

Really? I would have thought sales figures in general are heavily skewed towards PC games. Especially since everybody needs a computer, whereas a DS is something you just buy if you really want it and can spare the money to buy it.
  • edited July 2010
    Bamse wrote: »
    Really? I would have thought sales figures in general are heavily skewed towards PC games. Especially since everybody needs a computer, whereas a DS is something you just buy if you really want it and can spare the money to buy it.

Most people I've met in my life choose any alternative over PC gaming. Most people are still afraid of PC's yet not consoles.
  • edited July 2010
    Most people I've met in my life choose any alternative over PC gaming. Most people are still afraid of PC's yet not consoles.

And this wikipedia article supports your claim. Well, I'll be damned. I suppose people just prefer a pre-assembled, no-hassle gaming system to a multi-purpose, easily upgradeable system. It makes no sense to me though. :confused:
  • edited July 2010
    PC gaming has many advantages (no need to choose between alternative brands of console, you can play all the games that run with your system spec and so on...), but there are also a lot of drawbacks for the "average" person.

I have seen mothers and fathers have problems understanding that DS games could not be played on gameboys, so imagine them trying to get things like system specification and requirements. Besides, there is the installation, sometimes activating the game on-line, and there is always the chance that the game may not work, even if theorically it should, because other things in your system could interfere with it. Moreover, recent PC games have had horrible copy protection system that basically prevented legit owners from playing the game, giving a ridiculously low number of installation and creating problems with the PC, whereas their console counterparts had no hassle. Yes, the same game costs a bit more for console, but you just pop it in and it always works.

Personally I like both console and PC gaming, for different reasons, but the DS has been the highest selling console of all time, there are millions of potential customers and it is a great possibility for developers. Of course, there are royalties to be paid for developing on the system and other problems, which Telltale will have to take into account, but a game like Puzzle Agent is perfect for portable consoles.
  • edited July 2010
    Bamse wrote: »
    And this wikipedia article supports your claim. Well, I'll be damned. I suppose people just prefer a pre-assembled, no-hassle gaming system to a multi-purpose, easily upgradeable system. It makes no sense to me though. :confused:
    I agree. I prefer PC but somegames I feel are good for consoles. Like GTA I need a controller. Each have pluses and negatives.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree. I prefer PC but somegames I feel are good for consoles. Like GTA I need a controller. Each have pluses and negatives.

I garee too,I like PC.
  • edited July 2010
    I was going to just say I couldn't think of what the 2 screens capabilities could be, but I thought of something:

Outside of puzzles, one screen has gameplay and the other has the puzzle agent logo

Whilst playing puzzles, one screen has the rules/instructions and the other has the puzzle.

I don't own a DS and most likely won't, but while playing puzzle agent I had to keep switching back to the rules since I forgot stuff, so it would be a nice change.
  • edited July 2010
    Bottom screen could instead just display your stats and such like the ESC menu did.
  • edited July 2010
    I prefer PC but somegames I feel are good for consoles. Like GTA I need a controller.
    What, like that XBox 360 pad that's plugged into my PC? That can be used with GTA right out of the box?

np: Glitterbug - Swirl (Privilege (Disc 1))
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah but the Xbox 360 pad is ungoddly uncomfortable to me. Had they allowed other controllers to work with GTA I would've gotten it on PC. Along side console exclusives such as Demon's Souls and SMT series help encourage me to get consoles.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.