Ending Speculation Thread

So we're all wondering exactly what happened at the end.
Why do the hidden people need Isaac?
Who called Nelson to Scoggins with the crossword message (the astronaut?)
Why did one of them help him with the final puzzle?
Are they good or bad? What are they trying to do?

All questions that will be answered if Telltale continue the season!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    The factory was expanding which was destroying the Hidden peoples habitat so they took him to the forrest and probably killed him.
    They helped Nelson with the final puzzle so he would open a path so they could get to Isaac
  • edited July 2010
    Maybe the hidden people need someone that can solve a puzzle that they can't, they took isaac as a bait for nelson, because they know he's going back for isaac
  • edited July 2010
    The Astronaut might've been a reference to Nelson's "image" of him in the spaceship. Maybe it was Isaac in the suit?
    What the hidden people were trying to do was stop people from building in the forest and cutting down trees (previously stated).
  • edited July 2010
    What was that whole space scene, was it meant to be a dream?
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    What was that whole space scene, was it meant to be a dream?

No, because gum you collected there is still usable after waking up in the lodge.
  • edited July 2010
    oh yea, your right, then how did isaac get out of the factory into the space ship or what ever it was?
  • edited July 2010
    It was definitely a dream-like state. Something to do with the Hidden People talking to him. I think there's a few layers to that section. It's not just a face-value occurrence.
  • edited July 2010
    I think I'd like it better if the hidden people actually turn out to be aliens. Or possibly time travellers.

The idea of space and/or time travelling gnomes cracks me up for some reason.

Could be that the new factory wing was getting too close to where they've hidden their ship.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm hoping that we won't see Isaac Davners again until much later in the season - I don't think Nelson would go against the FBI and search for him himself.
  • edited July 2010
    Well after the spaceship incident, they talk about letting your mind go and listening to the people. Is that what Nelson was doing?
  • edited July 2010
    I loved the contrast in the views out of the 2 spaceship windows.
  • edited July 2010
    elzbenz wrote: »
    No, because gum you collected there is still usable after waking up in the lodge.
    Then again you can pick up gum in spots Nelson... well... can't really reach.

So I don't think gum makes anything canon, and that space scene was just a dream.
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Why did one of them help him with the final puzzle?

Maybe they were not supposed to get to Isaac Davner and could not until Nelson solved that final Puzzle.
  • edited July 2010
    I think you're right on the money there, Mirko. The factory was closed down to keep Davner isolated, and the door was barricaded by someone on the outside. As we learn, the Lodge believed that the Hidden People chose Davner for something, and they believed that he needed to be protected from the HP. Hence, they locked him away in the factory. Davner was preparing himself to be taken by the HP, but it was going to be a long process. The Lodge believes that the HP speak to us in puzzles, and I believe we speak back to them by solving them. Davner was preparing himself to solve incredibly mind-bending, sanity-shattering puzzles, when Tethers burst in and let the HP grab him too soon.

I'm not sure exactly what the People are, but I think the scene where Tethers is floating in the space capsule is interesting. Out one window, we see Scoggins and the factory; out another, the infinite cosmos. Between these two are Tethers and Davner. Tethers is in control of himself, but Davner can only speak in a chimpanzee chitter. I think this is more or less what the HP hear when we speak, and they tried to speak to Tethers as well here, since we get another puzzle.

This interpretation gives a final chilling thought: Tethers was able to solve the puzzles he found in Scoggins, and the Hidden People used him to take Davner into their posession. However, they are also now aware of someone else who speaks their language, and apparently, quite fluently. Will they now come after Nelson, the same way they did for Davner? Will Nelson be prepared for it, or will he be dragged screaming for salvation as they carry him to wherever they go? And, most importantly, will he find gum there?
  • edited July 2010
    There is something behind the space theme for sure; the spaceman at the beggining, then the space "dream" sequence, and also notice how one of the things Isaac mentions during the last puzzles, has to do with the circumference of the earth and the moon.
    It could be random nonsense, but considering the other two space elements i think it isn't.
  • edited July 2010
    All along, Nelson was HELPING the hidden people. They called him to Scoggins with the crossword. He helped them reach Isaac Davners. They didn't do anything to him when he fell unconscious. I think this mystery would be solved in another episode...hopefully the final one.
  • edited July 2010
    But then why did they steal the gears from him? (2 times)

I think they start to cooperate when they saw he was getting near Isaac.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.