Puzzle Agent on DSi Ware?

I wonder if telltale will make a version for dsi ware. Do you agree that telltale should make a dsiware version?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It seems like a bad idea for now. With its specific limitations and special 3d engine the DS would probably be the hardest platform to port to. I'm not convinced it would be a profitable move for them, especially since they would be in much more direct competition with Layton.
  • edited July 2010
    Except they hardly put anything even as big as Layton on the thing. With the exception of stuff like Mario vs. DK and Mighty Flip Agents, it's been getting pretty scant App support. Most of the releases hardly compare to the Indie games on other Digital DL platforms.

I have DSi, myself. But am a bit fustrated that I really don't have much worthwhile stuff to spend any DSi Ware points on. So I've held back my purchases, on it, for a while now.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd love to see any of TTG games on the DS. It's one of my favourite consoles. Maybe one day it'll happen...
  • edited July 2010
    DS or DSi, no. 3DS, maybe. It's got a better res and a much better graphics chip which is important for busy interface games like this one.

Of course, that system is quite a ways from being released...

It would be nice if they did make a "pocket size" game, though. Perhaps something original, like this game was.
  • edited July 2010
    DaVince wrote: »
    It would be nice if they did make a "pocket size" game, though. Perhaps something original, like this game was.

Well it will be coming to the iPhone/iPod Touch. So there's one 'pocket size' version.
  • edited July 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »
    Except they hardly put anything even as big as Layton on the thing. With the exception of stuff like Mario vs. DK and Mighty Flip Agents, it's been getting pretty scant App support. Most of the releases hardly compare to the Indie games on other Digital DL platforms.

I have DSi, myself. But am a bit fustrated that I really don't have much worthwhile stuff to spend any DSi Ware points on. So I've held back my purchases, on it, for a while now.

Yeah, there's actually some pretty good puzzle games on there but they have some of the dumbest names.
    I'm mostly waiting for BlazBlue's DS port to be released on the DSi Ware.
    DaVince wrote: »
    DS or DSi, no. 3DS, maybe. It's got a better res and a much better graphics chip which is important for busy interface games like this one.

Of course, that system is quite a ways from being released...

What was so graphical heavy about PA? And they said the latest would be Mar 2011 for the 3DS' release.
  • edited July 2010
    DS = Kids Console (couple of good games but most oriented at children)

PA = Adults Game

Wouldn't work.
  • edited July 2010
    NotFury wrote: »

That's a generalization. I have a DS. I can't see anything about PA breaking Nintendo's rules.
  • edited July 2010
    That's a generalization. I have a DS. I can't see anything about PA breaking Nintendo's rules.

It's not about rules. It's about target audience. The DS audience aren't gonna like this game. Layton fans aren't gonna like this game. It's for fans of psychological thrillers. And there's more of those gamers on PC than on DS.

There's also a HUGE amount of piracy on the DS to consider. Significantly more than any other console.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think the piracy consideration affects DSiWare. Maybe the carts, but I don't think the DSiWare content has been affected. But even then, the hardware adoption rate of the DS is so high that piracy hasn't hurt that platform as much as certain others. (like PSP)

But then again, I have yet to see a single DSiWare title that is as mature as this game.
  • edited July 2010

PA = Adults Game

Wouldn't work.

The hell are you talking about? I've seen people of ALL AGES enjoying their DS'. I've some adult themed games for my DS. Hell, Hotel Dusk Room 215 (a Nintendo published gamed) is adult oriented as much (maybe a bit more then PA). That's a generalization about all Nintendo consoles that people who refuse to by a Nintendo product say instead of just saying ,"I prefer graphics." or flat out "I hate Nintendo.". I had a friend who used to say the same thing[He was an overly devoted PS fanboy]. Half a year ago he got a DS and seems to love it just fine. Note, he's 20. Doesn't seem like a child to me. Then he got a Wii and picked up some games I'd mentioned to him a while ago and he seems to be enjoying that too.
  • edited July 2010
    If the game were put on DSiWare, it would need to be reduced in size considerably. And when I say considerably, I mean they'd have to reduce to roughly 8% of its current size. Puzzle Agent is 207mb. The largest game on DSiWare is 16mb.

Basically, as cool as this would be, it's highly unlikely.
  • edited July 2010

PA = Adults Game

Wouldn't work.
    NotFury
    Banned

Thank god.

And to answer OP's question: DSiWare limits are very strict, it wouldn't fit.
  • edited July 2010
    Wizpig wrote: »
    NotFury
    Banned

Thank god.

And to answer OP's question: DSiWare limits are very strict, it wouldn't fit.

Seriously. I'm happy and all but I wonder why he specificly was banned.

And yeah, size limitations that's about it. I say a DS cart of 3DS cart based game makes more sense.
  • edited July 2010
    I think it would work out will but im not to sure about it,
    but the thouch screen would be nice for the puzzles
  • edited July 2010
    but what about the other screen
  • edited July 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    but what about the other screen

It doesnt need to be used. I have dsiware game that only uses the top screen(game and watch)
  • edited July 2010
    In the 3DS PA thread we talked about it. Bottom could be for puzzles and top would be the rules so no need to switch back and forth between the two.
  • edited August 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    In the 3DS PA thread we talked about it. Bottom could be for puzzles and top would be the rules so no need to switch back and forth between the two.

Excellent suggestion!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.