Michael J Fox, MAY Not be able to do the game

edited August 2010 in Back to the Future
His parkisons has been noted as having become severe enough to inhibit his ability to do voice over work. If he did it, it would be difficult and very time consuming. If you look at his imdb page you'll see that while he has been active in spurts there also tends to be lulls in his career in the last 10+ years.

Its really a shame too because I'd love it if he could do the voice. (Heck I'd love a classic Spin-City based adventure game.. >.>)

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2010
    His parkisons has been noted as having become severe enough to inhibit his ability to do voice over work. If he did it, it would be difficult and very time consuming. If you look at his imdb page you'll see that while he has been active in spurts there also tends to be lulls in his career in the last 10+ years.

Its really a shame too because I'd love it if he could do the voice. (Heck I'd love a classic Spin-City based adventure game.. >.>)

That's a topic discussed in the voice actor thread. You'll also notice some rays of light in there - an MJF TV appearance from beginning of May in which he sounds "good" at least... ;)
  • edited July 2010
    No MJ no pay!
  • edited July 2010
    You want Michael Jackson in the game?
  • edited July 2010
    There is really 3 things that can come in the originals actors way. The most likely is, Telltale simply cannot afford them all, its sad, but i just doubt they can afford them, the secound is they dont want to do it, and third that they are busy.
  • edited July 2010
    You want Michael Jackson in the game?
    Nah, he was more likely looking for Mary Jane, spider-man's girl friend
  • edited July 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »

Fetch me some milk!:mad:
  • edited July 2010
    Common now, I think we all knew the chances of Michael J Fox doing any VO work was slim at best.
  • edited July 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Fetch me some milk!:mad:
    :D hey I didn't started it, also, you know milks I deliver are not regular milk, you sure you want some?
    they have some side effects ... like, well some little explosions may occur if you try to move it or put it near warm places.
    and it's not my fault, Tim Schafer created me.
  • edited July 2010
    The last movie I saw Michael J. Fox in was Stuart Little 3, and that was pretty much it. It really sucks now that he has to put up with this disease thats already forced him into retirement some time ago! I just hope Telltale can find the right replacement for him in this new Back to the Future game.
    edited July 2010
    No MJ no pay!

I'll remind you of this. ;)

Seriously, though: I fear there will be a lot of broken dreams and hearts concerning the BTTF games and original actor participation. That MJF might not be in it is pretty much the most foreseeable of all possible disappointments. :(

It's too early to judge anything, though. We don't even know if Marty McFly is in the game yet...
  • edited July 2010
    The last movie I saw Michael J. Fox in was Stuart Little 3, and that was pretty much it. It really sucks now that he has to put up with this disease thats already forced him into retirement some time ago! I just hope Telltale can find the right replacement for him in this new Back to the Future game.
    EternalStar didn't said that he definitely will not be in the game, he was just assuming, you can see that from thread's title: "Michael J Fox, MAY Not be able to do the game"
  • edited July 2010
    if telltale can't get Michael J Fox, then they should get this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV07DNZ-WQM&feature=related
    his impression is spot on.
  • edited July 2010
    His Michael J Fox sounds an awful lot like his Ratchet.
  • edited July 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »

No he was definitely talking about Mojo Jojo
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    No he was definitely talking about Mojo Jojo
    Dude be-careful around doodo, He might tell you to fetch some tabstis for him :D ... whatever they are ...
    edited July 2010
    With all due respect to the thread title, topic and its implications, might we actually not have an epic derail here? :(
  • edited July 2010
    Personally I don't think having Michael J Fox is essential. It would be nice to get a cameo from him but I don't really see what they could do with Marty given that the trilogy basically covers his story. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if Telltale do find a way using Marty as the player character or just as main computer controlled character. For me the only real key character is Doc Brown as it's his time machine that we should be using (though obviously that isn't a certainty at this stage).
  • edited July 2010
    I would love it if he could do it.... but if his health prevents him from doing so I am not going to throw a big fit.... as long as they hire someone who knows and respects the character and does their best at it.

BTW he was freaking awesome in Rescue me... well into showing the symptoms of Parkinson's disease.... He has an awesome talent despite the limitations... it will be a sad day for sure when he is no longer able to do anything.
  • edited July 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I would love it if he could do it.... but if his health prevents him from doing so I am not going to throw a big fit.... as long as they hire someone who knows and respects the character and does their best at it.

BTW he was freaking awesome in Rescue me... well into showing the symptoms of Parkinson's disease.... He has an awesome talent despite the limitations... it will be a sad day for sure when he is no longer able to do anything.

I agree, and it goes for the same with christopher Llyod.
  • edited July 2010
    No MJ no pay!

Sounds like your talking about someone else.
  • edited July 2010
    Honestly, as long as whoever does the voice is not distracting I don't really care. Plus, if TTG can save some cash in the deal I am all for that. In a perfect world I am sure we would all love to have Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd and all the original actors.

[sarcascm] Maybe we should just get Eric Stoltz...[/sarcasm]
  • edited July 2010
    Get David Kaufman...

...if Fox can't do it. :(
  • edited July 2010
    I'm sure Tom Wilson would be up for it, if he was asked, and, if the game, of course, intends to have Biff .
  • edited July 2010
    It never even occured to me they might get Fox to do voice acting... I really, *really* doubt it.
  • edited July 2010
    From what I understand, he's ok in short periods when his medication is at max effect, he says he times his medicine doses so that he's at his best if he needs to make an appearance or something like that. He seemed ok at the Olympics, and on the Daily Show, as far as speaking went. http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-6-2009/michael-j--fox (yes, he repeats words, but *he's always done that*)

If he was to do it, he'd likely have to work short days.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't care if Marty has Parkinson's or not as a older man! I want him in the game!
  • edited July 2010
    If doing Marty's voice for the game is too hard on Michael maybe he could voice a smaller/guest role as an older Marty?
  • edited July 2010
    Its easy to get him back in this game, just no original lines. Who's to say we won't be playing what appears to be an extra in one of the films (we probably wont, but is possible to feature events from the film using recorded dialogue is my point)
  • edited July 2010
    Oh come on any real fan would understand if it wasn't perfect. I'm sure he can handle most of it. Any one who laughed or was upset over a few misspoken words would be an poopy pants. My opinion.
  • edited July 2010

Awesome impressions. Almost perfect! It would be a real shame if MJF couldn't do it but as long as they find someone who can voice it almost the same then I'm happy :)
  • edited July 2010
    I think if TT follows the plot line of the movie, then maybe they can use some of the voice scences from the movie! If all actors wont do or be able to do the voice over, gotta think how many they would need, if TT goes with the plot of course. Marty,,doc,lorraine,biff,george and maybe jennifer. thats the main ones atleast, I think.
  • edited July 2010
    They have already said they will not be following the plot of the movies.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, James Arnold Taylor is the best bet if MJ Fox and/or Christopher Lloyd can't do it.
  • edited July 2010
    Man i try to find a lil ray of light with this game there making and keep running into walls lol
  • edited July 2010
    How about Dominic A, aka Guybrush for the voice of Marty, he has a whole array of different voice styles I'm sure he can pull it of, I'm sure that can drag him out of his kitchen for a bit lol

:guybrush:
    edited July 2010

I've been listening to that three times in a row now. I find that he really brings Fox' voice melody and creakyness across, and I revere him for that. That's awesome. Still, James Arnold Taylor's rendition lacks some conviction and emotion. Sometimes he just lets his voice drop at the end of his sentence, ruining the experience. It seems to be a live performance, though - things are a little different there, and he might be perfect in take three. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Wow yeah.... I think at the very least TTG should contact that guy to see if he would be available.... its pretty rare to have one actor with the ability to play two main roles convincingly.
  • edited July 2010
    It'd be fine, I think, if the main young Marty was played by a new actor (like that guy in the linked video, his Doc wasn't perfect but his Marty is great). But it would be very cool if Old Marty from 2015 only played a role in one episode, and they got Michael J Fox to do that voice. I mean that just makes perfect sense, and would be a neat compromise.
    edited July 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Wow yeah.... I think at the very least TTG should contact that guy to see if he would be available.... its pretty rare to have one actor with the ability to play two main roles convincingly.

He was quite convincing on the Marty part. Concerning Doc, I'll only say: "Nice try". ;)
  • edited July 2010
    *sighs* That's not the point to me, it would be really cool, special, unordinary,un- blandish, inspiring, to have the real Michale J Fox voice Marty...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.