Michael J Fox, MAY Not be able to do the game

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Well If Michael can't do it, it would be disappointing but understandable considering his parkinsons. I just hope that his replacement does a great job.
    I really hope that Christopher Lloyd agrees to voice Doc though.
  • edited July 2010
    I imagine that both Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd would be really excited at another chance to reprise their roles for the game. I'm sure that MJF would not let his parkinsons ruin his opertunity to at least try and record some lines for the game. If he physicaly couldn't or didn't want to, I would understand, but these two guys are very important to the franchise.
  • edited July 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    It'd be fine, I think, if the main young Marty was played by a new actor (like that guy in the linked video, his Doc wasn't perfect but his Marty is great). But it would be very cool if Old Marty from 2015 only played a role in one episode, and they got Michael J Fox to do that voice. I mean that just makes perfect sense, and would be a neat compromise.

I really like that idea!
  • edited July 2010
    TOMI lechuck voice part 2, here we come...

Though if it's the only compromise offered I'd still love to see M J Fox voice Marty, that one time for the game series. :D
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with the YouTube link. If MJF can't do it, they need to pay that James Arnold dude to do it. FANTASTIC MJF impersonation!
  • edited August 2010
    I agree with the YouTube link. If MJF can't do it, they need to pay that James Arnold dude to do it. FANTASTIC MJF impersonation!
    Couldn't agree more. If MJF is unable to do it, I would be very happy if that James dude voiced Marty instead.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd be OK with James Arnold Taylor. As long as he doesn't laugh. That was painful.
  • edited August 2010
    James Arnold Taylor could be a pretty good Marty voice. His voice of Largo even grew on me in MI2:SE.
  • edited August 2010
    James Arnold Taylor sounds good, they should consider him.
  • edited August 2010
    i think it would be great if MJF did the game..
    of course if he cant.. cool too

it would just add that. .feel id say sort of like the redo of MI2 getting the entire rehash there.. just amazing that remake there..
    anyway..

I doubt he is busy in terms of work but in life well its a battle anyone who knows someone with this illness knows.
    I THINK .. that if he was approached late in the shot and it was proving to be something interesting .. he might jump on it for almost nothing..
    just from how he is..

but if TTG cant afford him for the whole game.. why not cameo as said..
    but def get doc ahem llyod on this.. after toonstruck i dont see how he could say no!
    he is noted to be really shy and hate public appearances but I read he was just at a screening for BTTF .. and talking to people .. soooooooo never knoooow
    (and everyone knows he is like 99999 cartoon chars voices) if ye have kids ye would know
  • edited August 2010
    It just doesn't have any substance, heart, appeal to me if some random guy voices marty. If they do it, fine but having some random guy voice act with Christopher Loyd isn't going to wow or woe me.

I don't imagine it will make hard hitting news either. There's really not a whole lot that's special about it when MJ Fox is able to do the role himself, or atleast deserves the chance to try it if he's interested. (yep)
  • edited August 2010
    so none of the sam and max series minus the original games were good to you due to not having the original voices?

etc
    this could go on forever in debate but i half agree with you.. but half dont..
    saying a game would be basically heartless without MJ is sort of an assumption.
    saying it would ROCK with him in it.. is also an assumption.. abliet a better one with higher probability of success

its all maths.. and variables..
    ill say this..
    the project has been stated.. its going to happen.. MJ or not.. I will try it out.. if i dont like it.. I still buy it to continue on telltales legacy and help fund the next romp

I did NOT buy wallace n gromit however.. I just cant stand that game.. but its more the characters and the puzzles etc.. felt to BONE like to me.. (which was pathetic for TTG but awesome as a 2nd release if you count texas holdem)
  • edited August 2010
    It's a assumption that he may or may not want to try to reprise his role.
  • edited August 2010
    huh?

you cant assume a 2 variable answer

well you can but you are wrong on at least 50% :P

your fav color is blue.. no green
    which was it?
    neither?
    well i just guessed... lol

may or may not...
    has he even been approached or his peoples people or whatever..
  • edited August 2010
    Why do you have to guess at all?

My point isn't to argue with you, or to get a lesson in mathematical logic. My point is that MJ FOX should be given the chance to reprise his role. We aren't aware if TTG has gone to MJ Fox yet, we don't know if he's already been offered the role.

I don't see the point in debating his replacement when you don't have all the facts to begin with. I guess it's harmless but I don't see the point.
  • edited August 2010
    who was debating his replacement?

people are saying screw the game if MJ is not in it.. those are the people debating..
    im saying,
    if or if not.. shouldnt matter in the end.. though we all know it will...
    MJ would be great.. but again my vote is for llyod :P he has experience in such gaming matters and voice overs (for doc not as marty)
  • edited August 2010
    He will apparently make an apparition in the CBS Wife serie (never heard of it, but it seems to be popular).

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2010/08/20/Michael-J-Fox-to-guest-star-on-Wife/UPI-49791282319589/

This is a good sign :)
  • edited August 2010
    Yohmi wrote: »
    He will apparently make an apparition in the CBS Wife serie (never heard of it, but it seems to be popular).

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2010/08/20/Michael-J-Fox-to-guest-star-on-Wife/UPI-49791282319589/

This is a good sign :)

I was just coming to post that. Great sign indeed.
  • edited August 2010
    MICHAEL J. Fox is returning to TV. MICHAEL J. Fox has signed on for a role on the CBS drama The Good Wife. Fox will play a lawyer so “shrewd and cynical” he uses his neurological condition to gain favor for his clients. The second season of The Good Wife premieres next month.
    MICHAEL J. Fox’s last TV role was that of a drug-abusing paraplegic on Denis Leary’s hit drama series Rescue Me. So I am sure he can do voice over.
  • edited August 2010
    Inspiring!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.