Comments

• edited July 2010
    Ah! I get it. I missed the "fewest possible lines"-rule. Heh.
  • edited July 2010
    Far too many lines. Christ. It's like you've been sponsored by the line shop over there.
  • edited July 2010
    One thing in the bugs puzzle that "bugged" me. It wasn't stated that each bug needed non-overlapping squares! I constructed a solution that I thought was elegant with two grasshoppers in four squares. That's three square per grasshopper, two shared. This was not illegal by my reading of the rules, but the solution was rejected.
  • edited July 2010
    jholstei wrote: »
    One thing in the bugs puzzle that "bugged" me. It wasn't stated that each bug needed non-overlapping squares! I constructed a solution that I thought was elegant with two grasshoppers in four squares. That's three square per grasshopper, two shared. This was not illegal by my reading of the rules, but the solution was rejected.

I thought that at first too, the rules weren't very clear on this. It does stand to reason that bugs in an enclosed space together can share the space needed.
  • edited July 2010

Dude, if someone told you that they were going to pay you 10 dollars per hour to mow their lawn, and gave you $15 after two hours and said "oh, 5 dollars overlapped. It's elegant."
    Would that make any sense to you?
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Far too many lines. Christ. It's like you've been sponsored by the line shop over there.

Nice. :)
  • edited July 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    I thought that at first too, the rules weren't very clear on this. It does stand to reason that bugs in an enclosed space together can share the space needed.

It's a territory. If you say that, you can also said your neighbor is owner of part of your house, because your house overlapped his.
  • edited July 2010
    Same here; Can't really deduct how you thought that would be a valid answer... :confused:
  • edited July 2010
    Same here; Can't really deduct how you thought that would be a valid answer... :confused:

Guys, could you perhaps be a liiittle less nerdy here? :rolleyes:
    Some of us just play the games, like, you know, for fun. To kind of relax from the stress of a job where your mind is stretched all the time.

Thanks for the answers, but, as I said, I figured it out. Hadn't read the rules down to the last iota, so I simply missed the part about fewest possible lines. :)
  • edited July 2010
    meretchen wrote: »
    Guys, could you perhaps be a liiittle less nerdy here? :rolleyes:
    Some of us just play the games, like, you know, for fun. To kind of relax from the stress of a job where your mind is stretched all the time.

Thanks for the answers, but, as I said, I figured it out. Hadn't read the rules down to the last iota, so I simply missed the part about fewest possible lines. :)

I think they did not talk about your invalid solution, but the "overlapping boxes" part. While typical in many puzzles, it just does not make sense here, because it is not the fewest squares, but the fewest boxes. And boxes just don't work the same way when overlapping ;)
  • edited July 2010
    All this talk about overlapping boxes reminds me of tesseracts.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.