Possible Game Killing Bug after Tracking Trouble - No Snowmobile Available

I solved the Tracking Trouble Puzzle and instead of going to the ice fishing huts (via forest) I went to the factory. I had no snowmobile available to leave this screen. I don't see anything to click except the gear lock (but of course, I am missing the piece for it), and can't seem to move off the screen in any way. I tried every key to get to the map, no dice. The game is saved when I quit, and loads on the same screen. The game is broke if there is no way to the map. :(

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I appear to have to restart the whole game to get past this.

I wanted to finish the game to write a review, but time is short, so I might have to just say I played until it broke. I don't want to give it bad press, I like the game, but a fix would be nice.

Here's a picture:
  • edited July 2010
    I wanted to finish the game to write a review, but time is short, so I might have to just say I played until it broke. I don't want to give it bad press, I like the game, but a fix would be nice.
    I had that as well - (re-)loading the autosaved game fixed it for me as it made the snow-mobile re-appear.
  • edited July 2010
    I took the pic after reloading the game. Maybe if I reload it in game? Thanks for the reply and letting me know I might be able to get past it. Was it on the same screen?
  • edited July 2010
    I took the pic after reloading the game. Maybe if I reload it in game? Thanks for the reply and letting me know I might be able to get past it. Was it on the same screen?
    Yep. Though I didn't quit the game but just reloaded on the spot when I saw what had happened...
  • edited July 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    Yep. Though I didn't quit the game but just reloaded on the spot when I saw what had happened...

Still no snowmobile. I even tried loading, starting a new game, then reloading again. No snowmobile.

You know, I'm running it through Steam. Let's try not running in Steam, just in case that matters.
  • edited July 2010
    Nope, no difference. I got this as a reviewer. I wonder if this is different than the copy for sale, a different version. In any case, it's broke.
  • edited July 2010
    That sucks, but as a former reviewer and current steam user, I have learned two things:

A) Avoid Steam unless you absolutely, positively have no other option

B) Review copies of games almost always have bugs not in the retail release, though you may not always run into them. (This is more common recently, as testing can continue through release day and be fixed through the patching process.)
  • edited July 2010
    alexonfyre wrote: »
    though you may not always run into them.
    Lol. If all bugs would be clear and present in a single playthrough.
    Oh, how easy QA would become :D.
  • edited July 2010
    Lol. If all bugs would be clear and present in a single playthrough.
    Oh, how easy QA would become :D.

haha, true. They do seem to crop up at the worst times to the last people you want to see them though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.