Two Questions

I am thinking about buying this game, and since it was just my birthday and I got a lot of iTunes gift cards, I am thinking of getting it for the iPhone. This first statement leads to 2 questions: Is this the first in a season?, in which case I would probably have to purchase more apps for my quickly shrinking in hard-drive spaced iPod. AND If this is a season, would purchasing the game on steam give me the upcoming episodes, or will again, have to pay more?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It's a pilot, akin to a TV pilot. There may be a season, depending on the reaction and interest in this first episode.
    telltale wrote:
    Telltale has created the pilot program as a means of cultivating fresh creative ideas and fostering innovation, similar to the broadcast industry's television pilots.

Telltale's pilot program will introduce new video game concepts, content and play designs that can then be migrated to the company's episodic gaming model.

If there is a season, you will need to buy the subsequent episodes, though there may be a 'season upgrade option' for those who have bought the pilot. This is likely for those who buy PC/Mac version direct from Telltale. I'm not sure if Steam or the iPod / iPad / whatever app store will (or can) offer a similar pricing model.
  • edited July 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    It's a pilot, akin to a TV pilot. There may be a season, depending on the reaction and interest in this first episode.

If there is a season, you will need to buy the subsequent episodes, though there may be a 'season upgrade option' for those who have bought the pilot. This is likely for those who buy PC/Mac version direct from Telltale. I'm not sure if Steam or the iPod / iPad / whatever app store will (or can) offer a similar pricing model.

Another reason to always buy direct from TTG!
    I always enjoy my "Limited time 30% off upgrade to full season" emails when I participate in the promos and pilot(s)(hope there will be more.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.