Back to the future game features

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    If storytelling is the name of the game, that's good. I say give some considerable attention to Clara, Jules, Verne, and Biff. In the movies, they move the story along - but in a game, you can pretty much build them up into some pretty well-developed folks.
  • edited August 2010
    If storytelling is the name of the game, that's good. I say give some considerable attention to Clara, Jules, Verne, and Biff. In the movies, they move the story along - but in a game, you can pretty much build them up into some pretty well-developed folks.

Biff, yes.

Everyone else you mentioned can die in a ditch for all I care.
    & I'd say alot of people who are back to the future fans like me would agree.
  • edited August 2010
    I say give some considerable attention to Clara, Jules, Verne, and Biff. In the movies, they move the story along - but in a game, you can pretty much build them up into some pretty well-developed folks.

I agree, if TT were to use Clara, Jules and Verne in the game, there would be a lot of potential to develope those characters.

As for Biff, I think his character was already fully developed in the film and as a "Tannen", he is an essential character to be included in this new game.
  • edited August 2010
    I dont agree on putting clara,jules and verne in there. jules and verne just showed up at the end of the movie and play no part in bttf.
  • edited August 2010
    That's how they managed to mess up the cartoon series aswell I reckon..

I'm pretty sure Sinaz has already said though that TT feel that the main characters will be (and should be) Marty, Doc, Einstein & Biff.

TBH I really hope I don't hear anything about Clara, Jules & Verne!

Just out of curiousity why does anybody care about Jules & Verne being in it & the "potential" they have?

No offence but neither character said jack in the third movie & they only appeared for all of a minute.
  • edited August 2010
    I have to agree with the people who are in the anti-Clara/Jules/Verne camp. I don't care if they are mentioned or happen to make a small appearance, but I wouldn't want them to be a huge focal point of a story.
  • edited August 2010
    It's more of the IDEA of back to the future that appeals to me. You can have completely different characters & I'd still play it. I'd prefur if the episodes were not based on the movies unless it has Sam & Max gameplay where half the game is just interacting with the surroundings.

Hell, I'll be satisfied with age-appropriate pop culture per place visited, & I won;t even care if it shoves dated advertisements in my face. If the visit the 80s, there should be big hair, leggings, & synthpop ambiance, if they visit the 90s, I'd like to see advertisements for Crystal Pepsi & rollerblades, if it's the 40s, I wanna see everyone wearing a hat & a jazzy soundtrack.

If the game is a big success, maybe TellTale should concider making an episodic series out of Ghostbusters. How much ass would that kick?
  • edited August 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity why does anybody care about Jules & Verne being in it & the "potential" they have?

No offence but neither character said jack in the third movie & they only appeared for all of a minute.

I understand. I don't care if they don't make an appearance at all, I only said ifthey were included in the game.

If Clara, Jules and Verne are in the game, they'd need to be fully developed characters who are relavent and interesting enough to interact with, rather than just being there in the game doing the same things they do in the films, which in Verne and Jules case is NOTHING.
  • edited August 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Plus, if it would be a "GTA-Style" game, what missions would there be? Honestly, (sorry If I'm wrong as I never really watched the movies) a whole movie wraps around one plot, and that is perfectly ok for episodic games, as you can have one plot per episode (with some conjunctions/cliffhangers connecting them), but would you honestly want a ton of missions? And seriously, is there really that much you'll do in Hill Valley that will be related to the story and/or will be required?

Doc: "Einstien knows too much I need him taken out."
    Marty:"No problem Doc."
  • edited August 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Doc: "Einstien knows too much I need him taken out."
    Marty:"No problem Doc."

That explains what happens to Doc's family fortune. He frittered it away on contract kills.
  • edited August 2010
    And cocaine. You can never forget the coke.
  • edited August 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    And cocaine. You can never forget the coke.

jim-ignatowski-pic.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Eh, I'll clarify that joke actually, I just realised how unknown it'd be to people who never play GTA/ R* games.

That's because in every GTA game the drug is always coke. It's never anything else. What ever missions deal with drugs it's always coke. And the cast always has atleast 2 coke addicts.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.