Trailer!

13»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    The plush rabbit is the one in Wallace and Gromit episode 3. :)

D'aww.
  • edited July 2010
    Looks cool... wish the Sams looked a little more blood(or perhaps toy)thirsty though.
  • edited July 2010
    I can't wait for this :) I love how completely unpredictable Sam and Max stories are lol. I have no idea where this is all headed.
  • edited July 2010
    Sam-ulacrum....old movie reference? For some reason hearing Samulacrum reminded me of the Necronomicon(sp?) from...er..Army of Darkness was it?

It's a pun. The word simulacrum means an image, likeness, representation, pretence, sham, blah blah blah. Basically, a copy; and since they're copies of Sam, he calls them Samulacrums.

And now you know!

the_more_you_know2.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    It's a pun. The word simulacrum means an image, likeness, representation, pretence, sham, blah blah blah. Basically, a copy; and since they're copies of Sam, he calls them Samulacrums.

And now you know!

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Ohoho, clever.
  • edited July 2010
    Likewise, a doppelgänger is a double or look-alike of a person. Since they're dogs, Max calls them "doggelgängers".
  • edited July 2010
    Beyond the Alley of the Dolls Will be the best episode yet !

I really can't wait !
  • MRNMRN
    edited July 2010
    ^^ Yes you can! :/
  • edited July 2010
    can someone speed up time pleas
  • edited July 2010
    I'll get right on that.
  • edited July 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »

And now you know!

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

Fixed.
  • edited July 2010
    Trailer Breakdown ('cause I wanted to try one):

0:18: Girl Stinky showing Sal the Cockroach a lot of love in attempting to hurt Grandpa Stinky with Unlimited stack o' Plates^TM.
    0:35: Samulacrum apparently alot stronger than real Sam if they're knocking cars and lamp posts over like their made of styrofoam
    0:41: Samulacrum moving towards Stinky's Diner from multiple direction, likely already spread across the city looking for toys
    0:53: Samulacrum hand sticking out from the kitchen behind Grandpa Stinky
    0:57: General Skunkape can be seen over Max's right shoulder in background
    1:04: Cave appears to be joined to the underground mole cave or possibly a mole cave below Momma Bosco's or linked to the warehouse
    1:05: Giant sphere of science type computer monitors surrounding a raised platform with a desk and four monitors with a test pattern on
    1:09: More Sam-ish Samulacrum takes Sam's hat
    1:12: Samulacrum heading into open warehouse door from the Mysterious Alley/The Tourist's Interrogation
    1:13: Sam & Max flee from Samulacrum; Warehouse door is closed; Sal can be seen to the right; toy pile in the center
    1:15: More Sam-ish Samulacrum drives up in a very Sam-like fashion with several toys from Bob's Toy!s! and Bluster Blaster in tow
    1:17: Mind Reading toy flys out onto Stinky's diner floor
    1:19: Max reads/attempts to read Girl Stinky and Superball's mind; Superball uses a not-neuralizer flash in defense while speaking in a somewhat robotic voice
    1:22: Apparent seance is held inside Momma Bosco's Lab with Sam, Max, Superball and Harry Moleman present along with several candles and a small gong (possibly from 202)
    1:24: Bluster Blaster being attacked by Samulacrum instead of simply being taken
    1:28: Potentially lab concept art and a Samulacrum art to the Narrator's left and right respectively
    1:37: Max in a trance like pose, light coming out/through his teeth, ears, nose and eyes; possible ascension or just really cool looking
    1:48: Samulacrum picks up and hugs stuffed bunny rag doll in adorable manner possibly setting off latent memories or somesuch
    1:55: Sam does the sam with max to his discomfort whilst standing on a dock looking out over the Atlantic (Also, Sam's hats still off)
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    0:57: General Skunkape can be seen over Max's right shoulder in background

OMG you're right! I didn't see him there b4 but that is definitely Skunkape.
  • edited July 2010
    Oh! Never noticed that! I wouldn't have noticed him until I played it!
    I think he was crawled up and rocking back and forth (like the minion in 303 when you get the rhinoplasty from him). He is probably ashamed when he got beaten up by Sam. Maybe Papierwaite is there too? Or he is still at the planetarium.
  • edited July 2010
    sounds stupid but id love a quick crossover from monkey island or sam and max sometime. Even for a second, I love crossovers for some reason ^^; The trailer was sooo awesome btw :D telltale really do put a lot of effort into each trailer per episode. Kudos!
  • edited July 2010
    Originally Posted by Avel
    1:17: Mind Reading toy flys out onto Stinky's diner floor

Maybe Skun-ka'pe throws them on the floor? Maybe he turns good for the episode to help Sam & Max? Then he turns evil again...
  • edited July 2010
    that trailer gave me goosebumps... can't wait till the 20th.
  • edited July 2010
    Such a cool trailer! I'm so exited for this episode, looks like the best one so far in this season! Like most people here, I too went "d'aaaaw" when the Sam-clone hugged that rabbit plushtoy, but the best part was when Sam was hugging Max, lol. :D

For a long time now, I've been using "Better get the SERIOUS toothpaste!" as a tagline on MSN and some forums, but I'm tempted to change it to "Looks like it's time to boil the haggis!". :p
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    1:13: Sam & Max flee from Samulacrum; Warehouse door is closed; Sal can be seen to the right; toy pile in the center
    (Also, Sam's hats still off)

Ok so we have seen Sal and Skunkape but no Papierwaite
  • edited July 2010
    Why are the Sam clones not attacking Sal???? Maybe he's up to something...or he's just too nice?
  • edited July 2010
    ARGH! Too...many...questions...
    We...have...to...wait....1....more...day....to....get...answers!
  • edited July 2010
    Robert B wrote: »
    For a long time now, I've been using "Better get the SERIOUS toothpaste!" as a tagline on MSN and some forums, but I'm tempted to change it to "Looks like it's time to boil the haggis!". :p

Do it. It's a lot funnier. And Not from a horrible episode.
  • edited July 2010
    Do it. It's a lot funnier. And Not from a horrible episode.

I liked 102.
  • edited July 2010
    I liked 102.

I thought it was just filler from the transition between 101 and 103.
  • edited July 2010
    ^

102 It the BEST EPISODE EVER !!!
  • edited July 2010
    What's not to love about starring in EVERY SHOW?
  • edited July 2010
    Did love the concept if not the execution.
  • edited July 2010
    Dead Man wrote: »
    ^

102 It the BEST EPISODE EVER !!!

I would not say EVER, but it isn't HORRIBLE...
  • edited July 2010
    And Not from a horrible episode.

But... 102 introduced Hugh Bliss. ;_; It's a classic.
  • edited July 2010
    I would not say EVER, but it isn't HORRIBLE...

It's just... Entertaining to play actually.
  • edited July 2010
    I loved episode 102, it's one of my favourites. ^_^ I can agree that it's pretty much filler between episodes 101 and 103, but it was still one of the funnier ones with some of the best jokes in the season. "Tally ho, foo's!" :p

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, today is the release of 304! The trailer has sure done great job of hyping us up! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Geez, I got a LOT of complaints. Let me explain.
    It's not that it's horrible in the sense that I hate it, but it was a major disappointment for me. It was an excellent concept, but it didn't go over well on the follow-through. You basically do nothing but wander around a TV studio trying to find shortcuts to fame. Plus, the puzzles were too boring, and there wasn't nearly enough action. I must admit, however, that there were some excellent lines.But only from Sam, Max, and Bosco. Which is why I was disappointed a little with the dialogue. Normally, every character gets a gem or two.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.