New Grickle Short - Make Out

Make Out link

Surprised no one's created a thread for this yet. Anyway, new Grickle short. Personally, I didn't find it too be as great as some of Graham's other work. It was just way too predictable.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I just found out about the short because of this thread, but thank you.

I think it kind of has a little message to it, though: sometimes we just go and kill bugs because we don't want them around or they're being very annoying. Yet, however, we don't really stop to think that much what they're doing or were going to do, because when man is larger then any animal, we feel more superior to it.
  • edited August 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Make Out link

Surprised no one's created a thread for this yet. Anyway, new Grickle short. Personally, I didn't find it too be as great as some of Graham's other work. It was just way too predictable.

Because every single thing a person makes has to be better than his last work, right? Well, whatever. I didn't like it for a much different reason though. And that reason is...

Aw who am I kidding, it's hilarious.
  • edited August 2010
    Because every single thing a person makes has to be better than his last work, right? Well, whatever. I didn't like it for a much different reason though. And that reason is...

Aw who am I kidding, it's hilarious.

Guess I should have worded that better. I really didn't think it was as good as, well, any of his previous work. It didn't really fit the Grickle style in my opinion. Most of his work is disturbing in a creepy yet funny way. This was disturbing in an "okay, I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that" sorta way. And, like I said, I knew from the second I saw the flies that they were gonna get swatted.

Eh, I dunno. Maybe it's just me.
  • edited August 2010
    I agree actually. I'm just being snarky about it; but like I said, I still thought it was hilarious. And I don't think it was any different for him, its just that the surprise came at the beginning and not at the end.

One way he could have made it unique is if he played the events backwards, so that the flies real activities were the surprise at the end.
  • edited August 2010
    True, but then again he already did Backwards. And in such a short amount of time, the Grickle Backwards may have outdone the craziness of Red Dwarf's Backwards. Talk about a video that constantly changes your perception the longer it plays. It expresses maybe like 4 or 5 completely different emotions based on how long you watch it.
  • edited August 2010
    Another great vid. I wonder if Graham will ever release an official DVD of his videos. I'd get a copy that's for sure!
  • edited August 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Another great vid. I wonder if Graham will ever release an official DVD of his videos. I'd get a copy that's for sure!

If PA doesn't get a full season, that would be an awesome way of selling a disc version: as an extra in a Grickle DVD.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.