Who is your favourite villain and why? (except LeChuck)

edited September 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
Who is your favourite villain in the Monkey Island world?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Largo LaGrande and his awesome theme song. Ok, I was torn between DeSinge and Largo, but Largo has the better song so...
  • edited August 2010
    Marquis, cause while Largo threatened Guybrush (dangled him over a freakin' bridge!) The Marquis was more threatening in that he was hell bent for Guybrush's hand and even went as far as sent a Pirate Hunter after him, even AFTER he has his hand.
  • edited August 2010
    LeChimp, what other ape can be captain of an entire crew of monkeys?
  • edited August 2010
    I voted King Andre. How can you not love his evil laugh?
  • edited August 2010
    I voted for Mcgillicutty. Most under appreciated villain of all of MI.
  • edited August 2010
    I do like Largo, but DeSinge gets my vote, because he has SCIENCE.
  • edited August 2010
    I cant decide between ozzie and desinge there both great villians ones a mad scientist the others a mad real stator. I gotta got 4 Ozzie his hatred agianst pirates and treatment of them was evil and borderlin nazi like which is why hes my fav only cos hes the most evilest out of them
  • edited August 2010
    I vote for DeSinge. He reminds me of a shrink I used to see (not the way he talks but the way he looks).
  • edited August 2010
    I loved DeSinge. Up until I got to his laboratory I was skeptical of Tales, but it was his character that showed me that this was no different than any of the LucasArts classics.His design, his concept, his living space, all Lucasartsy. I love him; I only wish he had been used less safely.

I vote him though. Largo was a sidekick, not a villain. He was never really there except in the background.
  • edited August 2010
    de Singe de Singe de Singe!! No other villain had such a distinct "theme" along with the voice and all the gags that came with it, or had as much exposure as de Singe got in the games he was in.

I'll forever feel disappointed about TellTale not securing him a chance in future games. :mad:

I think a lot of people are voting for LaGrande just out of nostalgia for MI2 rather than anything to do with the character itself; I mean, he was barely on screen for more than, what, 5 or 6 cutscenes and a total of maybe 10 lines of dialog?

SPOILERS ALERT!

Same goes for LeChuck, unless, you count the human version then that was the best villain ever in MI - ohh if he had only stayed in his human form after revealing his still-evil self in Episode 4 :(
  • edited August 2010
    Largo was a villain for the whole of Part I. The first one you had to overcome in MI2. I admit, it's sad that he got so little screentime. I think he would be a good candidate for a secondary villain for the series. Working for LeChuck, which gives him power since it makes every pirate in the Caribbean afraid of him. Largo hated LeChuck, so I could easily see him turning against him given the opportunity (like access to the same amount of Voodoo power that LeChuck have). I'm certain that Largo would return and have a bigger role in Ron Gilbert's MI3. Rivalry between two powerful villains would surely stir up the plot.
  • edited August 2010
    The Marquis, because he has such a cheesy French accent.
  • edited September 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    I do like Largo, but DeSinge gets my vote, because he has SCIENCE.
    I couldn't agree more
  • edited September 2010
    Fuck you lr ! Tales tales! Designe!!! Hahaahah! Victory
  • edited September 2010
    I think you might want to calm down a bit doodo. There is no call for that, in any of the threads you've posted like that recently.
  • edited September 2010
    De Singe!

Great character.
  • edited September 2010
    Choosing between DeSinge and King André was hard, so I voted King André because he has less votes.
  • edited September 2010
    My favourite secondary villain is Bob the ghost pirate from SMI. I liked his attitude, especially hilarious was the part where he told how "lucky" he was when LeChuck murdered him.
  • edited September 2010
    BTW, I would've voted for Poxed Elaine if she was an option here and if she had actually become evil for a larger part of the story ♥
Sign in to comment in this discussion.