Telltale to bring a delorian to PAX

edited September 2010 in Back to the Future
From yesterday's press release (which isn't yet on this site's PR page);
We can expect to hear Back to the Future news at the convention. As such, they're bringing along "an actual DeLorean Time Machine." Photo op GET! Booth #3509 is where the magic will happen, PAX attendees.

If they're going to the trouble of hiring a delorean, there's a damn good chance of more game info being released.

PAX attendees, we want photos of you doing Marty & Doc poses next to the car!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    From yesterday's press release (which isn't yet on this site's PR page);

If they're going to the trouble of hiring a delorean, there's a damn good chance of more game info being released.

PAX attendees, we want photos of you doing Marty & Doc poses next to the car!

Where did destructoid get this information?
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale sent out a press release, according to The Tingler on mixnmojo.com. The news is being reported across a number of gaming sites.

http://www.google.com/search?q=telltale+delorean+pax
  • edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Telltale sent out a press release, according to The Tingler on mixnmojo.com. The news is being reported across a number of gaming sites.

http://www.google.com/search?q=telltale+delorean+pax

The only reason I'm asking is because I didn't get this supposed newsletter.

If it's there awesome, if it's now" Aww."
  • edited August 2010
    There was no 'newsletter'. Maybe you're confusing me with your wording?
  • edited August 2010
    Well, I'm on the telltale press mailing list and didn't get anything. Oh well.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, I see.
  • edited August 2010
    If this is true, then someone go to the future and tell me if I ever get a job at TTG. And make sure to take extra plutoniam with you, so you can get back.
  • edited August 2010
    I demand pictures. Icedhope, this means you.
  • edited August 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    And make sure to take extra plutoniam with you, so you can get back.
    You mean thrash?
    Oh wait, you probably don't have to take that along...
  • edited August 2010

Righto, that shouldn't be a problem.
  • edited August 2010

delorean.jpg

Wheee.
  • edited August 2010
    You mean thrash?
    Oh wait, you probably don't have to take that along...

Haha I forgot about that. Very green.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, I thought they destroyed that infernal machine.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd like to clarify that THE Delorean is most likely going to be the exact same as A Delorean, expect it is a photo oppurtunity and might have some BttF stuff on it.
  • edited August 2010
    delorean1.jpg Kinda like this?
  • edited August 2010
    That sucks. I'm gonna be in downtown Seattle during PAX, but I'm not going for PAX. I would have made time for it while I'm up there had it not been sold out.
  • edited August 2010
    Cool pics!
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    I shall bring my driver's licence.
  • edited August 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I shall bring my driver's licence.

But I doubt you'll get 88 in the expo hall.
  • edited August 2010
    Where we're going, we don't need expo halls...
  • edited September 2010
    40946_426661792615_667112615_5067444_4407032_n.jpg

(from a friend's facebook page)
  • edited September 2010
    ^^ Awesome! Should have got your friend to pose with it, a missed oportunity no doubt.
  • edited September 2010
    So awesome! I wonder which Telltale worker uses that to go to work... Probably Majus :p
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    So awesome! I wonder which Telltale worker uses that to go to work... Probably Majus :p

He would have taken that car back to Germany, I am sure of that. :D
  • edited September 2010
    Destructoid just put up a video interview with Telltale about the game, and they're sitting inside the Delorean:

http://www.destructoid.com/pax-holy-sh-t-i-m-in-a-delorean-time-machine--183141.phtml
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Bad mixing - interview partner far too silent! ;)

That "please do not sit in the car" sign really, really broke my heart. :( :( :(

Mostly old stuff in the interview, yet some interesting quotes:

"We have a way to kind of get people back that I can't really talk about yet"

With all that talk about "what won't fly", I'm really really curious what ingenious storyline mechanic that will be.

"The 1985 time period [...] is the central base for the whole series"

We suspected this, I think, and it's a good development. It is, in fact, the only possibility if the game's supposed to be a direct continuation of the movie storyline.

"The comedy is coming out of the puzzles, out of the characters, but the root is, you know, the drama"

I do note that since the very first announcement of the game, fewer and fewer hints of possible action sequences were made (granted, they were never "announced", yet Grossman had communicated quite clearly that this would be "a little different from other Telltale games"). Still, "story first" is the way to go and I am happy that Dennis Lenart says this so explicitly.

"It's gonna be winter, actually"

Answering this to the concrete question if the game will release "next year" is interesting. My guess is that they're really, really trying to push the release date forward as much as they can to tie the BTTF game in with the Blu Ray release, but as things stand at the moment, it is also possible that they'll have to push it back way into 2011. Lenart should have said "when it's done"!
  • edited September 2010
    The delorian on thespoonyexperiment:
    http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/05/great-scott/
  • edited September 2010
    Haha, nice. Spoony is awesome.
  • edited September 2010
    Hah. I came here to post that. I can only imagine the internet celeb coverage Telltale will be getting from these guys now.
  • edited September 2010
    Dammit, now I'm jealous of Spoony, Lisa Foiles, and the DeLorean for being in proximity with each other.
  • edited September 2010
    I got to sit in it for a minute, it made my con ^______^
Sign in to comment in this discussion.