Which Max? *305 spoilers*

For continuity's sake, which Max is in this game? Max Prime, 102-Split Max, or Pre-split Max?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    It is really up to them, if crossover game is where characters are aware of their past or not.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, I think the game will not really differentiate between those. If I understood the concept of the Inventory right, this is a place where video game characters go, when they are off-duty (i.e. when nobody plays their games, or when no new game is in the works). So when they are in the games, it is more like them being actors in the theatre or movies or tv shows and it's one "actor" playing two or three different versions of himself (what exactly is the difference between Max Prime and Pre-Split Max?) and not one "actor" for every version.

Another thing: I don't really think they will bring up any story-spoilers, so this will probably not even be mentioned in any way.
  • edited September 2010
    Mirko wrote: »
    Well, I think the game will not really differentiate between those. If I understood the concept of the Inventory right, this is a place where video game characters go, when they are off-duty (i.e. when nobody plays their games, or when no new game is in the works). So when they are in the games, it is more like them being actors in the theatre or movies or tv shows and it's one "actor" playing two or three different versions of himself (what exactly is the difference between Max Prime and Pre-Split Max?) and not one "actor" for every version.

Another thing: I don't really think they will bring up any story-spoilers, so this will probably not even be mentioned in any way.
    Heavy has nothing to spoil really.
  • edited September 2010
    Well if my theory is correct, then it is the original Max, or Max Prime.
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry for the confusion:

Max Prime: The Max that died.
    102-Split Max: The Max that stole the Time-macheine in 204.
    Pre-Split Max: Max 101 and before to avoid any split controversy (not President)
  • edited September 2010

It'll be Max.

Playing poker.

I don't understand how anyone can actually seriously complicate this.
  • edited September 2010

It'll be Max.

Playing poker.

That's just how I roll.
  • edited September 2010
    there "actors" so its all the same max, just playing slightly different maxes.
  • edited September 2010
    Clord wrote: »
    Heavy has nothing to spoil really.

No, there is nor really anytghing to spoil about the heavy as far as I know, but there could be spoilers for the other characters and I still think those will be avoided. Also I was still talking about Max :-)
  • edited September 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    there "actors" so its all the same max, just playing slightly different maxes.

That's no fun.
    Plus if it is an actor, then it isnt Max's personality in reality it is an actor pretending to be Max.
  • edited September 2010
    Who says Max isn't typecast into playing himself?
  • edited September 2010

Cause people don't have anything better to do then speculate on things that don't ever matter?
  • edited September 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Cause some people enjoy speculating on things that don't ever matter?
    Fixed your post.
  • edited September 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Cause some people's sheer existence is based on speculating on things that don't ever matter?

Fixed better.
  • edited September 2010
    The characters will likely be depicted as digital actors, but to have their personalities differ from those of the characters they portray would be the worst idea since lengthways-sliced bread. Actor-Max will have the same personalities as the Maxes he portrays, and got typecast into his role for good reason: children's show characters don't store things in their 'Happy Spot'.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    I can confirm that it's Max who is playing poker. This is of course the same Max who appears in Sam & Max comics, the Sam & Max Freelance Police cartoon show, the classic video game Sam & Max Hit the Road, as well as the same Max who hijacked a time machine from himself to escape certain doom in Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space, and the same Max who became a gigantic beast horrible beyond imagination in Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse. As Max would probably say, "Its the same guy!"
  • edited September 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I can confirm that it's Max who is playing poker. This is of course the same Max who appears in Sam & Max comics, the Sam & Max Freelance Police cartoon show, the classic video game Sam & Max Hit the Road, as well as the same Max who hijacked a time machine from himself to escape certain doom in Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space, and the same Max who became a gigantic beast horrible beyond imagination in Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse. As Max would probably say, "Its the same guy!"

So what you are saying is
    A.HTR, the comics, and the tv show comes before the telltale games
    B.That Max really survived the explosion, and hijacked a time traveling machine claiming to be max of the past.
  • edited September 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    B.That Max really survived the explosion, and hijacked a time traveling machine claiming to be max of the past.

You know, outside of the box can be a really good place for your brain to hang around.
  • edited September 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »

No. Not at all.

You read the same post as me, right? You must not have. You must be constructing floating castles in the sky, and in these magical places you live in some alternate form of existence where words mean different things. That is the only explanation for this misinterpretation. That or "you're dumb" or possibly "you were tired and didn't read properly", I can accept that one, too.

He's saying that Max is Max, and anyone making a differentiation between different Maxes and making timelines and considering any two Maxes to be different characters, especially in a case where the character is just playing poker for god's sake, is being at best a tad ridiculous.
  • edited September 2010
    The Max that appeared at the end of TDP, wasn't he just Max from the past? If that's true, then the way I see it, its still our favorite little Lagomorph, just from an earlier time period.
  • edited September 2010
    The Max that appeared at the end of TDP, wasn't he just Max from the past? If that's true, then the way I see it, its still our favorite little Lagomorph, just from an earlier time period.

See the threads in the S+M section:
    Max is a hive mind. so he is both the past max AND the dead max
  • edited September 2010
    And because of his short-term memory, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference which timeline this Max has been through. It's Max.
  • edited September 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    And because of his short-term memory, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference which timeline this Max has been through. It's Max.

goooooood point... his memory IS at best spotty... (though I'm suspicious Max isnt nearly as stupid as he acts...)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.