Your view on the Incest in BTTF

edited September 2010 in Back to the Future
I'm not talking about BTTF 1.

I'm talking the really disturbing fact that they chose Lea Thompson to portray a MAC FLY in BTTF 3.

Which means Georges' family and Lorraine's family actually have the same origins. Thus making it an incest.

Lea is great and that's not the point, but it kinda makes it gross. They should have picked Cripsin Glover instead to portray Marty's ancestor.

I don't know, what do you think about it ? I know it's meant to be funny, but still. Lorraine kissing Marty is funny. But that ...? :p Maybe a little too much, but that's just me.^^'

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Wow. That's just. Wow.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    All the issues concerning time travel etc. were discussed HERE:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17489

A discussion of the "incest" problem is on the very first page. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Wow hey, both my two questions were asked in the very first posts.

I didn't see this topic since the title was a little too vague :p .
  • edited September 2010
    you do know that crispen clover refused to act in parts 2 and 3 !
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    you do know that crispen clover refused to act in parts 2 and 3 !

Just for the record, Bob Gale's comments on the Back to the Future DVD regarding the proceedings that led to Glover's absence in the second and third movies are heavily denied by the actor. I actually do not know whom to believe in this case. I don't see a need for Gale to be lying about the matter (really, why should he?), but still it's obvious from his early BTTF II script that Gale did not really WANT Crispin Glover in the second movie (in this script, George McFly has one scene, which would have been only some seconds screen time probably).
  • edited September 2010
    Just for the record, Bob Gale's comments on the Back to the Future DVD regarding the proceedings that led to Glover's absence in the second and third movies are heavily denied by the actor. I actually do not know whom to believe in this case. I don't see a need for Gale to be lying about the matter (really, why should he?), but still it's obvious from his early BTTF II script that Gale did not really WANT Crispin Glover in the second movie (in this script, George McFly has one scene, which would have been only some seconds screen time probably).

Rofl...what the...is he complaining that he was only getting paid half as much as the returning actors even though he'd only be in the movie for literally a few minutes? I'm confused here. Does he legitimately think he deserved the same amount as the actual STARS of the film? This is insane.
  • edited September 2010
    Rofl...what the...is he complaining that he was only getting paid half as much as the returning actors even though he'd only be in the movie for literally a few minutes? I'm confused here. Does he legitimately think he deserved the same amount as the actual STARS of the film? This is insane.

Wow.

1) You have NO IDEA what they wanted him to do. The first draft was probably written knowing he wouldn't reprise the role. The Georges cameos were only "cameos" because they wanted the audience to think it was Glover. Longer scenes wouldn't have work everyone would have noticed.

2) He IS an actual STAR of the film ... HE had a pretty major role in BTTF. And a few cult scenes (darth vader, the punch....)
    He wasn't as important as Mj Fox or Lloyd, but defintely as much important as Wilson and Thompson, without a doubt.

I'm sure Glover wouldn't be asking money if he just had one cameo scene. And if indeed the producers didn't want to pay him more because he wasn't as famous, obviously they're not gonna reveal what was in store for him if he had accepted.
  • edited September 2010
    I always thought the choice of Lea Thompson in BTTF 3 was a rather weird and creepy choice. If they are implying that she looks like Marty's mom because Marty's mom is her ancestor, then that is a strange writing decision. BTTF 3 is still a good movie though :)
  • edited September 2010
    I'm locking this thread due to this being in another thread.
This discussion has been closed.