First LOL Moment (for me...) (SLIGHT SPOILER)

edited December 2010 in Sam & Max
I love the Sam and Max games, and I think they're funny. But, I rarely laugh out loud. I just caught myself laughing out loud while playing The City that Dares Not Sleep, and I had to pause and post. I'm in the game room, and I looked at the TV. Sam said, "The reception is much better in the intestines, because Max spends so much time laying cable." I nearly spit out my coffee...

There's no humor like gutter humor...

Love it, TellTale!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I usually snicker a lot during the games, but I can think of only two instances where I literally laughed out loud before season three. The first was the first time I heard the Midtown Cowboy's theme song in 102. The second was during the fake "Hell's a-Poppin!" intro during 205. Both times, I nearly choked from laughing so hard. I was almost in tears, and had trouble sitting straight.

(During "The Devil's Playhouse," this happened too many times for me to count. :D)
  • edited September 2010
    I've lost count, really. The last time I had a LOL moment was the "Pennies?" joke.
  • edited September 2010
    Lots of times. But Bosco's banter in the store almost never failed. The bit where he's dressed "as his mother" is absolutely hilarious.

Am I the only one who absolutely laughed everytime Peepers talked? His lines were awesome!
  • edited September 2010
    I don't laugh every time Peepers says something, but I do laugh whenever my brother says something in a Peepers voice. Somehow that just automatically makes it funny. He had some good lines though, I agree. Especially Demon Peepers.
  • edited September 2010
    Talking about the Xmas gifts:

Whizzer: I got a beautiful see-through nightie, but I don't have the hips for it.

Peepers: I'll trade you!

Max: Why, what did you get?

Peepers: TUBERCULOSIS!! *hack, cough*
  • edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Especially Demon Peepers.

Excuse me, I believe his name was Sexy Peepers.
  • edited September 2010
    No, Sexy Peepers was the sexy one. Demon Peepers was the annoying straight-laced one.
  • edited September 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    Talking about the Xmas gifts:

Whizzer: I got a beautiful see-through nightie, but I don't have the hips for it.

Peepers: I'll trade you!

Max: Why, what did you get?

Peepers: TUBERCULOSIS!! *hack, cough*

Max: That's what I gave Sam last year!
    Sam: And that's why we no longer have Secret Santa at the office.

As for me, My first LOL Moment was probably The War Song.
  • edited September 2010
    I laughed out loud at that part in 103 where Max keeps dragging out his fake dramatic death scene.
  • edited September 2010
    "Where's that guy, Sting? Good night, Fresh Prince!" XD
  • edited September 2010
    Season 2. Episode 1.

One word:Them.
  • edited September 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Them.
    Aaaaah!
  • edited September 2010
    I did lol a lot in Sam and Max, most likely because I never play comedy games, I usually played action adventure games.
    So...
    Max's death scene in 103(of course his death scene in 305 wasnt that funny :()
    Max's joke from 104.
    War song
    Mariachi song
    World of max
    The asp
    Skunkapes poor choice of worlds when commenting about destroying sam and max
    UNHOLY THIS
    Superball breaking into tears.
  • edited September 2010
    Sam and Max 202, Moai Better Blues.
    It was the scene where Sam and Max, sitting in that horribly slow elevator, that goes up to the button that stops the volcano. Of course they are too late.
    Afterwards, when Sam realizes that the handbrake was pulled on, I laughed out very loud. The way he notices it, not being shocked at all, cracks me up every time.
  • edited September 2010
    Sam:what is going on
    Max:seibert is hitting on player 2, she is all over him.
    Sam:good, i though i was going crazy
    this scene is like i am the peepers
  • edited September 2010
    Majus wrote: »
    Sam and Max 202, Moai Better Blues.
    It was the scene where Sam and Max, sitting in that horribly slow elevator, that goes up to the button that stops the volcano. Of course they are too late.
    Afterwards, when Sam realizes that the handbrake was pulled on, I laughed out very loud. The way he notices it, not being shocked at all, cracks me up every time.

Oh, god, I loved that. XD

I loved the "Pennies?!" scene, too, by the way. I loved how dumbfounded Sam and Papierwaite looked.

And I loved Sam's confrontation with the Superego, too.

Sam: I didn't think Max *had* a Superego! :eek:
    Superego: Hmm. Yes. Well, you're fat. :mad:

And the ventriloquism in 302, too. "Tell me about the rabbits, George..."
  • edited September 2010
    I really laughed at the "Them" part when you do it over and over and over again and eventually Bosco stops screaming and he pushes a button and the giant boxing glove comes down and punches Sam in the head XD
  • edited September 2010
    I think one of my loudest LOL moments with Sam & Max seasons was with Bosco's "I think my packet is the bomb!!!" and Sam&Max's reactions.
  • edited September 2010
    Another LOL moment for me would HAVE to be Maximus' fart joke on 302. You can call me childish for laughing out loud at that bit, but that's cause I am.
  • edited September 2010
    I giggled a few times throughout Season 1 and 2, but during the scene in 304 with "Help me Punky, I'm running out of air!" for some reason I burst out laughing my lungs out from that one line. It was brilliant.
  • edited September 2010
    Everything.

...Except
    Max's death
    , that is.
  • edited September 2010
    I really laughed at the "Them" part when you do it over and over and over again and eventually Bosco stops screaming and he pushes a button and the giant boxing glove comes down and punches Sam in the head XD

Holy carp, Batman! I didn't know you could do that!

Gotta go play season two again...

Just watched the season three blooper real a little while ago. That was definitely worth of being an LOL moment.

"WRITE IT DOWN!"
  • edited September 2010
    Max: Hey Superball, which one of these rags smells more like chloroform?

My first real LOL moment, besides a few chuckles. This was the first episode that left me in stitches.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, yeah, and splash1's sig. Definitely an LOL moment. I almost fell out of my chair.
  • edited December 2010
    I liked in the 204 when you click on the window and Sam throws the remote controller out. I was :eek:. I loved hearing last year's Sam randomly trying to associate his objects with the spaceship elements too. After you gave him the screwdriver, sometimes he says "I can't screw that." Sometimes he also describes one of the objects of his inventory. He's hanging very strange objects that you didn't had in 102...

Also in 205, the "soda" word censor, the fact that the soda song was beeping every words in Stinky's, which became annoying since it was the default song from the Jukebox, I ended changing the song every two minutes. @!*#$ Peepers! I was a bit disappointed when I heard uncensored Timmy for the first time, didn't you? :D

But my greatest lol in season 1-2 was this dialogue in 204:
    Older Sam: Would you rather grow up to be as good as I am? With a boss car and a detective job and a huge gun?
    Younger Sam: Hmmm. Would I have to be as fat as you, too?
    Older Sam takes his gun out.
    Time machine's AI: Temporal anomaly detected.
    Older Sam: You got lucky, punk.
  • edited December 2010
    the first time I saw this I had to watch it again for how much I laughed :D

also, who is john muir?
  • edited December 2010

Yeah me to. For some reason, I like the physical comedy of Sam getting hit on the head & when Jimmy shoots Sam in the gut with the cannon always gets me laughing.

I also have to do the firing the gun in Bosco's..."He's got a gun, and he doesn't know how to use it!"

For me, my 1st LOL moment was in 102...
    Sam: "Frankly Syble, your newspaper is depressing, and intimently personal."
    Max: "Like seeing Steven King getting a hot-buttered massage"
    Syble: "Oh, you saw last week's issue."
  • edited December 2010
    In 302, Tomb of Sammun-Mak, when Sameth and Maximus are attempting to sell a toy idea to the elves in exchange for the Can 'O Nuts.

Sameth: Point and click adventure games! :D

(BGM stops. Maximus turns to look at Sameth, confused. Slushie stares at Sameth, who's still grinning.)

Slushie: ...You gotta be kiddin'.
  • edited December 2010
    i looled in Season 1 and 2 about everything =)
    but season 3 didnt even make me laugh that much as seasons 1 and 2 to me it was more darker and my favorite episode was 106 it was awesome ("ill call you horny") i looled at that part
  • edited December 2010
    There's a moment in Abe Lincoln Must Die where Max does "kitten eyes" and his lower lip trembles a little. I almost choked laughing
  • edited December 2010
    Most of the lines make me laugh, when I noticed the Number 1 dick mug on Sam's desk, I laughed a lot.
  • edited December 2010
    I can't remember my first LOL moment in the series, but my first one in 106 was definitely Sam's reaction to Bosco's disguise. "Hi, Bosc-Oh dear god."
Sign in to comment in this discussion.