Stuff taken out of the BTTF films

edited October 2010 in Back to the Future
Now basically everything in films and video games usually have stuff in it, as well as planned ideas that sometimes make it and sometimes are left out of the drawing board. Now what were stuff that was planned to be in the BTTF films but were taken out during production? I dont know if this was true or not but I remember hearing somewhere that in Part II when Marty is in the messed up 80's when Biff is head of the town, Marty runs into his sister who is a prostitute. But the reason why it was cut was because the actress who played Marty's sister was pregnant during the filming of the film. Is this mentioned in the DVD commentary? This is pretty much news to me.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Well, I know there was the scene with Dave in alt 1985 that was removed from the final cut (which is a shame).
  • edited September 2010
    Now basically everything in films and video games usually have stuff in it, as well as planned ideas that sometimes make it and sometimes are left out of the drawing board. Now what were stuff that was planned to be in the BTTF films but were taken out during production? I dont know if this was true or not but I remember hearing somewhere that in Part II when Marty is in the messed up 80's when Biff is head of the town, Marty runs into his sister who is a prostitute. But the reason why it was cut was because the actress who played Marty's sister was pregnant during the filming of the film. Is this mentioned in the DVD commentary? This is pretty much news to me.
    Yeah, Bob Gale talked about it on the DVD commentary of removed scenes.
  • edited September 2010
    Back to the future II also had some sort of scene where lava lamps could be seen but this was taken out due to it being time consuming
  • edited September 2010
    The Darth Vader scene, where Marty sneaks into his fathers room at night, was much longer, originally.

I read the Part II script. first draft, I believe, and it is almost completely different. It begins the somewhat same, minor stuff, a few scenes not on the movie, it is recognisable. Then, instead of going to 1955, they go to 1967, where Marty must help his mother earn money to go to San Francisco so he can be concieved, because she spend her money getting him out of jail, wanting to do someting nice for what she thinks is a draftdodger, since he has no papers, while he must try to prevent 1967 Doc from meeting 1985 Doc. There is really nothing from 1967 that survives in the finished movie, though the grand finale, driving the Delorean over a cliff, was kinda sorta reused in the third movie. In the end, Doc tires of the fourth dimension, setting his sight on the fifth.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, I know there was the scene with Dave in alt 1985 that was removed from the final cut (which is a shame).

I remember seeing that scene on the DVD. Good question why it was removed.
  • edited October 2010
    techie775 wrote: »
    I remember seeing that scene on the DVD. Good question why it was removed.

Well, if I remember right, I believe he said in the comentary that since the brother & sister were a package deal, (you know, like Biff's 3 goons) you can't have one without the other. If they used the brother's scene, the audience will get confused if they didn't show what happened to the sister to. But, since the actress was pregnent at the time and couldn't be in the movie; they had no choice but to cut out the brother's scene to.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.