The Second Great Sam & Max Race of 2010

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'm ready for my second attempt at Season 1. I should have started two hours ago, but I had copious slowdowns while navigating the forums, and I didn't feel like playing if I had absolutely zero chances of someone turning up to keep me company. :)

I'll be here till around 4 PM GMT: http://www.livestream.com/hagmo

Edit: Finished Culture Shock! 59 minutes, 30 seconds. I have to leave in less than an hour, so I won't start Situation Comedy now. I've decided to continue with Season 1 on Thursday, December 23. 12 AM GMT as usual.
  • edited December 2010
    Planning to start 106 in about 2 hours and 20 mins
  • edited December 2010
    Starting 106 now. Edit 9:41 - technical issue resolved. Starting again...
    Edit 9:52 - again...sigh. (another Procaster update so soon? wtf?)
  • edited December 2010
    Finished 106 in 1h05. Playing 201 and maybe 202 tomorrow night (GMT) then Curse of MI on 23rd (GMT), hopefully.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay, I have the OP all updated here, except that I have to add up tbm's times for Save the World. I took care of all this on borrowed time as it is, so adding that up and updating the Monkey Island race will have to wait a bit.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay, I have the OP all updated here, except that I have to add up tbm's times for Save the World. I took care of all this on borrowed time as it is, so adding that up and updating the Monkey Island race will have to wait a bit.

Thanks, man. My Season 1 time is 5h55.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't really want to do this, but I'm dropping out. I'll still do the "For Fun Run" if possible, but I just don't feel like doing the race at this time. I think once a year is enough for me. Sorry!
  • edited December 2010
    Another drop-out. :( I can understand how once a year would be enough, though. Did you know the race doesn't end until January 15? :P

I can't believe I've managed to miss my established time again. This time, I was distracted by the hilarious BTTF re-enactment from Silverwolfpet et al.

After I get some breakfast, I hope to finish Season 1. Feel free to come and watch: http://www.livestream.com/hagmo

Edit: Finished Situation Comedy in 1 hour, 9 minutes and 56 seconds. Not a terribly good time, I know. At least I didn't spend 20 minutes looking for a can of spray paint this time. Episode three will follow in a few minutes.

Edit 2: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball finishing time: 1 hour, 14 seconds. Not exactly on fire. I was so close to getting under an hour! The chat is very empty. I realise BTTF was just released, but haven't you guys finished playing yet? :p Episode 4 will "air" in a few moments.

Edit 3: I finished Abe Lincoln, but have to leave to exchange Christmas presents with a friend. I'll post my finish time later tonight, as well as info on when I'll continue the season.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, guys. Sorry about not doing 201 and 202 last night like I planned. I'll do them tomorrow night (when 201 will feel more appropriate). Tonight, I'll be playing Curse of MI. Don't know when exactly yet but definitely starting within the next hour (otherwise I'll be up past midnight GMT doing it for sure). Warming up with Poker atI first.
  • edited December 2010
    My finishing time for Abe Lincoln Must Die: 1 hour, 42 minutes, 46 seconds.

This time, I spent ages looking for a poster. :mad:

It's getting sort of late, and I have to get up sort of early tomorrow, but I'm still going to finish season one tonight or forever after be ashamed. Be back in an hour!

Edit: One hour, two hours... Easy mistake to make. I hope no one was affected by the delay. Starting Reality 2.0 now.

Edit 2: Reality 2.0 finished in 1 hour, 15 minutes and 18 seconds. Starting the season finale...

Edit 3: Bright Side of the Moon finish time: 2 hours, 2 minutes and 14 seconds. That's what you get for playing games when you're too tired: Stuck. At puzzles you'd forgot since last time you played.

Here are my results for season 1:
    Culture Shock: 00:59:30
    Situation Comedy: 01:09:56
    The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball: 01:00:14
    Abe Lincoln Must Die: 01:42:46
    Reality 2.0: 01:15:18
    Bright Side of the Moon: 02:02:14
    Total: 08:09:58

Good night.
  • edited December 2010
    CoMI first, then 201 after (after midnight GMT unless I have trouble with running CMI again).
  • edited December 2010
    No 201 tonight, I'm afraid. Too late, Xmas Day begins when I wake up.

Merry Xmas, you lot!
  • edited December 2010
    I'll be doing 201 & 202 tonight. Sorry for the delay.
  • edited December 2010
    Starting 201 now.

Edit: game crashed when entering Stinky's for the first time, 30 mins in. I think this has happened before. Will start again and skip lots of dialogue, save just before Stinky's and resume recording.
  • edited December 2010
    Finished 201 in 1h10. Won't be playing 202 tonight. Will play that, along with 203 and Escape from MI tomorrow.
  • edited December 2010
    Starting 202 now.
  • edited December 2010
    Finished 202 in 55 mins. Will begin Escape at 7pm GMT (will be called down for evening meal at about an hour before) then S&M 203 shortly after the end of that.
  • edited December 2010
    Eh, disqualify me or something, I am dropping out because I'm too lazy.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm going to play most, if not all, of season 2 on December 29th, 1PM GMT. Will continue on the 30th if I don't finish the day before.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry to those expecting 203 from me tonight. Monkey Island has been doing my head in and I'm calling it a night. I'll do 203 and 204 tomorrow after I've finished Escape from Monkey Island.
  • edited December 2010
    Starting 203 now.
  • edited December 2010
    203 crashed on me. Will resume streaming once I've reached that point again.
  • edited December 2010
    And again.
  • edited December 2010
    Resuming stream.
  • edited December 2010
    It crashed on me on the transition between the credits and the Zombie Max presidential address. Can you believe that?
  • edited December 2010
    With a minute added on for the aforementioned address, my streams for 203 total 1h19m.
  • edited December 2010
    Starting 204 now.
  • edited December 2010
    Again my game crashes! :mad:
  • edited December 2010
    Streaming again.
  • edited December 2010
    And another crash. Streaming again in a sec.
  • edited December 2010
    (Finally) finished 204 in a time of at least 44m (part 2 of 3 isn't listed on LS yet and I don't know why). Will either get to the bottom of it tomorrow or use a do-over getting a time up.

I'll do 205 tomorrow night and start Tales too.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay, I just finished 201: 2 hours, 27 minutes. I hadn't thought it would take that long, even though I basically had no recollection at all of any of the puzzles. This season is probably going to be the hardest one for me.

Oh, and sorry for not posting my starting time. The forum was very slow to load and I was getting impatient to play. :rolleyes:

I'm going to stream episode 2 right away!
  • edited December 2010
    I suspect a 7pm (GMT) kick off for 205. I'm then going to a gig and will hopefully begin Tales (first episode only) at 10:30pm
    GMT
    , give or take an hour.
  • edited December 2010
    harald wrote: »
    Okay, I just finished 201: 2 hours, 27 minutes. I hadn't thought it would take that long, even though I basically had no recollection at all of any of the puzzles. This season is probably going to be the hardest one for me.

Oh, and sorry for not posting my starting time. The forum was very slow to load and I was getting impatient to play. :rolleyes:

I'm going to stream episode 2 right away!

Nobody would know if you gave a quick practise-run through first outside the race, skipping pretty much all dialogue. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Nobody would know if you gave a quick practise-run through first outside the race, skipping pretty much all dialogue. ;)

I know, but that kinda feels like cheating. Well, maybe not. But I'm also curious about what time I'll get without remembering very much. Sorry for not being much of a challenge. :o

Moai Better Blues: 1:48

I'm taking a break for dinner now. I'll probably play episode 3 tonight as well, maybe after stopping by tbm's stream for a while.
  • edited December 2010
    Starting 205 earlier than planned, like now.
  • edited December 2010
    Finished 205 (in one go) in 1h11m.

Edit 8:24pm GMT: I said I was going out. Change of plan! Only an errand, no gig (I cba). Back in half an hour, then stream Tales.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm impressed with your managing two races at once, tbm1986.

My finishing time for Night of the Ravin' Dead: 1:45.

I'm getting a bit tired of Sam & Max right now, so I'll do the remaining two episodes tomorrow night.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks, man. I'll play 301 tomorrow night along with Tales 102. My time for 204 is irretrievable but everyone can see I've done it. One do-over down, 3 to go...
  • edited December 2010
    Starting 301 now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.