The first episode of BTTF available for download with blu-ray release! (not exactly!)

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    i dunno. at least they didn't title it something completely lame.

Besides, we all know that one of the chapters in the series MUST be called "Spaceman from Pluto"! COME ON ... IT'S A MUST!
  • edited October 2010
    What about the DVD version? Tell me it's not only Blu-Ray.
  • edited October 2010
    Scnew wrote: »
    What about the DVD version? Tell me it's not only Blu-Ray.

Dude, the Trilogy came out on DVD like 2002 or so, I got it when it came out. They stopped production on it a few years ago, but I am not sure if they will make a limited re-release for the 25th anniversary like they are doing with the Blueray. You should check on Ebay for the DVD box set, it is really kool and has a lot of commentary.
  • edited October 2010
    Anthony817 wrote: »
    Dude, the Trilogy came out on DVD like 2002 or so, I got it when it came out. They stopped production on it a few years ago, but I am not sure if they will make a limited re-release for the 25th anniversary like they are doing with the Blueray. You should check on Ebay for the DVD box set, it is really kool and has a lot of commentary.

The trilogy came out on DVD as a set around 2005, and then the movies were released individually on DVD in early 2009. The anniversary re-release is coming out on DVD at the same time as the Blu-ray version next week.

I have no idea whether or not the DVD version will also include the code for the free episode, though.
  • edited October 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    The trilogy came out on DVD as a set around 2005, and then the movies were released individually on DVD in early 2009. The anniversary re-release is coming out on DVD at the same time as the Blu-ray version next week.

I have no idea whether or not the DVD version will also include the code for the free episode, though.

From Wikipedia.
    In December 2002, when the DVD's were released, the video of the widescreen version of Parts II and III contained many shots that had been framed incorrectly, either because the shots were too high or low to center the image correctly, or because they zoomed in on the image, eliminating portions of the image on all sides. One notable example is when Marty's futuristic jacket adjusts itself to fit him, the misframed version does not show the sleeves changing size, thus ruining the visual gag.

In May 2003, Universal corrected the problem and prepared "V2" (Version 2) DVD's, that could only be distinguished from the original, flawed DVD's by the mark of a small "V2" near the edge of the discs themselves (and, of course, by comparing the corrected video). In Region 2, the discs were called "R1" for revision 1.

This is what you meant.
    In January 2005, Universal began a nationwide promotional campaign, announcing that they would reissue the DVDs of the trilogy at a special low price (about half the set's original retail price) on January 25, 2005, and then put the entire trilogy on moratorium a week later, on February 1, 2005, with new stickers on the box declaring "Lowest Price Ever: Own It Before Time Runs Out!" The discs in this release contained no new content or bonus features from the original release: even the packaging was almost identical, except for including the promotional sticker and excluding the multi-page, full color DVD menu booklet. No booklet or chapter insert is included in the revised release, but did finally contain the corrected V2 discs. Curiously, only the disc for Part II displays the "V2" marking on its edge; the Part III disc does not, but fans have analyzed its video carefully and concluded that, despite the lack of the "V2" marking, the Part III disc is the corrected one.

I bought the dvd's for my birthday on December of 2002, I thought I was sure they came in a trilogy box set, but I am not positive. Anybody else have more information? I sold it a long time ago when I was 18, so it's been 8 years since I owned it.
  • edited October 2010
    i dunno. at least they didn't title it something completely lame.

Besides, we all know that one of the chapters in the series MUST be called "Spaceman from Pluto"! COME ON ... IT'S A MUST!

ScruffySecond.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Whoops.

I guess my point was that the DVDs had been re-releases more recently than 2002, and I guess I got caught up in the details. I still think it's funny that these anniversary DVDs are launching less than two years since the last re-release
  • edited October 2010
    Companies will take any excuse possible to re-release movies on DVD because there are people out there that for some reason continue to buy them. I know that Army of Darkness has been released on DVD like five or six seperate times now. And I'm sure in five more years the Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Collection will be out with slightly more bonus content to get people to buy it once more.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes well by then it will be 2015 so we will be able to watch it as a hologram
  • edited October 2010
    Just got my collectors tin blu-ray here in the UK and it's really nice, comes with some cool little collectables like the "outtatime" liscence plate, the sports almanac and blu-prints for the DeLorean.

Sadly, it seems we don't get a free episode for the game.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Sadly, it seems we don't get a free episode for the game.

Well, it seems like EVERYONE gets a free episode for the game, as the same code seems to be printed in all American booklets. But as we're most likely buying the whole game anyway, and early at that, it doesn't really matter. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Well, it seems like EVERYONE gets a free episode for the game, as the same code seems to be printed in all American booklets. But as we're most likely buying the whole game anyway, and early at that, it doesn't really matter. ;)
    With the sales Telltale has been throwing mid-season lately? The pre-order bonus would have to be some serious shit.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Yup, the exclusive forum entry doesn't cut it anymore. ;)

Exclusive Drew Struzan poster, 50% off all Telltale Merchandise + free international shipping. THAT would be the deal. :D :D :D
  • edited October 2010
    Shouldn't it be 1.21 Jigowatts? I am going by the spelling on the front of bttf.com
  • edited October 2010
    mateo360 wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be 1.21 Jigowatts? I am going by the spelling on the front of bttf.com
    bttf.com is not accurate or official. There is no such thing as a "Jigowatt", A Gigawatt is one billion watts, 1.21 Gigawatts is 1,210,000,000 wattts. The way Doc Brown pronounces it is unconventional, but I believe it's also acceptable.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, I do believe that bttf.com pulled the "jigowatt" spelling from the Back to the Future screenplay, where it was spelled that way to encourage that pronunciation, because the writers had heard some science-type people pronouncing it that way and thought it was interesting. But "gigawatt" is the correct spelling of the real word.
  • edited October 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Yeah, I do believe that bttf.com pulled the "jigowatt" spelling from the Back to the Future screenplay, where it was spelled that way to encourage that pronunciation, because the writers had heard some science-type people pronouncing it that way and thought it was interesting. But "gigawatt" is the correct spelling of the real word.

Jiga is how it's pronounced in science, giga is how it's pronounced with compies. How my chemistry teacher used to hate me.
  • edited October 2010
    Originally posted by RATHER DASHING
    With the sales Telltale has been throwing mid-season lately? The pre-order bonus would have to be some serious shit.

Wait a minute, wait a minute ... Doc ... are you telling me, you built a game ... out of a concept? :D
  • edited October 2010
    But what happens if TellTale creates a second season of BttF?
    Back to the Future: The Game II?

I am sorry but 'The Game' sounds so lousy. >.>

How about this suggestion: Back to the Future: Back in Time.
  • edited October 2010
    Back to the Future: The Game II?

Back to the Future : The Game Part II ...
  • edited October 2010
    I don't get why people are getting so up in arms over the game title. So what if they just call it "Back to the Future - The Game". None of the movies had any fancy subtitles. They didn't call BttF 2 "Back to the Future - Biff's Revenge". It was just "Part 2".
  • edited October 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    Back to the Future : The Game Part II ...

Back to the Future : The Game Season II
  • edited October 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    I don't get why people are getting so up in arms over the game title. So what if they just call it "Back to the Future - The Game". None of the movies had any fancy subtitles. They didn't call BttF 2 "Back to the Future - Biff's Revenge". It was just "Part 2".
    I'm hoping they don't title the individual episodes, either. I, II, III, IV, V would be just fine.
  • edited October 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    I'm hoping they don't title the individual episodes, either. I, II, III, IV, V would be just fine.

I like that. Good continuity.
  • edited October 2010
    Spykes wrote: »

They didn't attach a fancy subtitle because there was no need for it.
    The title 'Back to The Future' wasn't in use yet.

Now a game gets created and to seperate itself they have to change/add something to the title. So in this case a sub-title might've been used.
    I dunno....but 'The Game' sounds uninspired.
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    Not for Europe this preorder :'(
  • edited October 2010
    rXp wrote: »
    Not for Europe this preorder :'(
    What are you talking about? Europeans are buying this up like crazy-go-nuts. If you mean the free episode, you can get it just as well as anybody.
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    What are you talking about? Europeans are buying this up like crazy-go-nuts. If you mean the free episode, you can get it just as well as anybody.
    I took the link gave in the first page and it is not for europeans so I look to a local retailer and they have the box set but only 3 blu-ray and here it is 3 blu-ray and 3 dvd or cd or i don't know what.
  • edited October 2010
    rXp wrote: »
    I took the link gave in the first page and it is not for europeans so I look to a local retailer and they have the box set but only 3 blu-ray and here it is 3 blu-ray and 3 dvd or cd or i don't know what.
    What do you mean it is not for Europeans? Are you getting an error code?
  • edited October 2010
    Mmh, a friend of mine wants to get the first episode for free, too, but when he clicks on the REDEEM button, there stays the price of 8.95$, and unlike yesterday, there is no coupon in the box, although on this page:

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

it is said: free first episode.

Has anyone an idea?
    (He and I are from Europe, too.)
  • edited October 2010
    121GIGAWATTS is the coupon code to make the episode free. The offer site is a bit off right now, but if you put the code in manually in the coupon code slot in your cart it should be made free.
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    What do you mean it is not for Europeans? Are you getting an error code?
    Yes :
    Please Note: If you are shipping your order outside of the United States, please be advised that you have one or more items in your cart that can only be shipped to addresses within the United States. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • edited October 2010
    121GIGAWATTS is the coupon code to make the episode free. The offer site is a bit off right now, but if you put the code in manually in the coupon code slot in your cart it should be made free.

Many thanks! :)
  • edited October 2010
    I just picked up my copy about 30 minutes ago and saw the insert and I was thrilled.

It means I can play the first episode on my Mac while I wait for the PSN release. Very excited. I feel like a 10 year old kid right now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.