The first episode of BTTF available for download with blu-ray release! (not exactly!)

edited October 2010 in Back to the Future
Source: http://www.thehdroom.com/news/First-Impressions-Back-to-the-Future-Trilogy-on-Blu-ray-Arrives/7575

7575a.jpg

"If you've heard about the upcoming Back to the Future video game and are anxious to take it for a spin then you're in luck. Included in this set is a small promo sheet that includes a unique code to download - for free - the first of five episodes of Telltale Games' Back to the Future game for PC or Mac."

I'm excited! :)

Comments

• edited October 2010
    HOLY CARP.
    HOLY MACKEREL.
    HOLY SALMON.
    HOLY, uhh, COD?
  • edited October 2010
    WOW! That's pretty awesome! Can't wait for release!
    This blu-ray set WILL be released in the UK, right? If so, I guess the code applies there too.

Here's the link to the offer page listed in the leaflet, but it's not available from Telltale yet (Oh Crumbs page):
    http://www.backtothefuturegame.com/offer

It blows my mind to see relatively unknown "Telltale Games" listed in the leaflet of a major film franchise re-release. Seriously, this is amazing.
  • edited October 2010
    Nice!

I really want it for 360 or PS3 so I can play it on my TV tho.
  • edited October 2010
    There is one problem that I can see. With no pre-order info before, it seems like it will have an early release for Trilogy owners only.
  • edited October 2010
    Alan said there was big news scheduled for October. I wonder if this was going to be that news...
  • edited October 2010
    YES!!!! :D

What does it say on the box? I can only read "Telltale Games, the leader on episodic gaming...".
  • edited October 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    YES!!!! :D

What does it say on the box? I can only read "Telltale Games, the leader on episodic gaming....

...is proud to announce the release of an all-new 5 episode adventure series set in the Back to the Future universe. Get a complimentary first episode for PC and Mac* via the link below. www.backtothefuturegame.com/offer Coupon Code: (Unreadable)."
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Hrmph. That's not the way it should have gone. The release of the first episode only 11 days away? How could that ever be? This all seems so incredibly rushed.

I'll wait for more information first.
  • edited October 2010
    This free episode of Back to the Future offer is completely separate from the availability of the game itself. The free episode offer will go into effect only once the game is available.

In response to RingmasterJ5, this does not signify an early release for trilogy owners at all. The offer is also not indicative of when the game's release date is at all.
  • edited October 2010
    This free episode of Back to the Future offer is completely separate from the availability of the game itself. The free episode offer will go into effect only once the game is available.

In response to RingmasterJ5, this does not signify an early release for trilogy owners at all - the game will be available to everyone on the same date (which we have not announced yet). The offer is also not indicative of when the game's release date is at all.

Ah, that clears it up.
    edited October 2010
    Well, this does point to a 2010 release though. Having a code and still having to wait for MONTHS... that sounds a little odd.

Thanks for clearing this up, Alan. I was juuuust about to panic. :D
  • edited October 2010
    That's really cool!

Too bad I don't have a Blu-Ray player/PS3. :(

EDIT: One more thing. Does this mean "Back to the Future: The Video Game" is the final title for the game?
    edited October 2010
    I was worrying about that too. "Back to the Future - the Videogame" is, pardon my french, a very stupid title. :(

But who knows? This was a quickly established offer for the release of the blu-rays - much can still happen, including a proper subtitle and chapter titles. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    I think that its going to be called "Back to the Future: The Adventure Series." Anyone want to correct me? Anyone?
  • edited October 2010
    The game's title is Back to the Future: The Game. The insert was done a very long time ago!

We'll have a lot more information soon. I mean, this is the 25th Anniversary month after all!
  • edited October 2010
    Is this on the DVD version, too?
  • edited October 2010
    The game's title is Back to the Future: The Game. The insert was done a very long time ago!

We'll have a lot more information soon. I mean, this is the 25th Anniversary month after all!

Fine by me, as long as it's on Wii (sorry for the rhyme).
  • edited October 2010
    How about the Jurassic Park game? Does that one have a name yet?
  • edited October 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    How about the Jurassic Park game? Does that one have a name yet?

Yeah, it's Showdown in Dinosaur Town.

No it's not. Just kidding.
  • edited October 2010

But that name is amazing. :(

I'll never buy the game now! Telltale, you've really screwed us over this time!
  • edited October 2010
    But that name is amazing. :(

I'll never buy the game now! Telltale, you've really screwed us over this time!

Is it time to start those threads already?
  • edited October 2010

I was hoping it would be "The Velociraptor And Friends Fun-Time Comedy Hour".
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Is it time to start those threads already?

Not until the game comes out and the shitstorms start.
  • edited October 2010
    Will you be able to do a Season Upgrade if you use this?
  • edited October 2010

That'd be OP.
  • edited October 2010
    Guys who are worried about the boring-ish title, don't forget that each episode will probably have its own subtitle.

Maybe episode 3 will be Back to the Future: Showdown in Dinosaur Town
  • edited October 2010
    Unless each subtitle is "Part I" "Part II" "Part III" "Part IV" and "Part V".
  • edited October 2010

Those are already taken, I think, by the movies.
  • edited October 2010

I'd love TT more for doing that.
  • edited October 2010
    Guinea wrote: »
    Those are already taken, I think, by the movies.

Yes, Back to the Future Part I, Back to the Future Part II and Back to the Future Part III are.

However, Back to the Future: The Game Part I, Back to the Future: The Game Part II and Back to the Future: The Game Part III aren't. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    What about PArt 4 though?
  • edited October 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    What about PArt 4 though?

Oddly enough, Back to the Future: The Game Part IV is taken, so they'll have to call that episode something else. Part V is free though.

So it'll be:

Back to the Future: The Game Part I
    Back to the Future: The Game Part II
    Back to the Future: The Game Part III
    Back to the Future: The Game: Showdown in Dinosaur Town
    Back to the Future: The Game Part V
  • edited October 2010
    I don't think they'd give a shit that it's taken. Seriously look at how many Street Fighter II games there are.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, Back to the Future Part I, Back to the Future Part II and Back to the Future Part III are.

However, Back to the Future: The Game Part I, Back to the Future: The Game Part II and Back to the Future: The Game Part III aren't. ;)

Sheesh! And I thought Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective was bad.
    edited October 2010
    Oh, you just wait until "Back to the Future: The Game Episode IV (but in no way Back to the Future IV) - The Trial, Whacking and Execution of Eugene McTannen". ;)
  • edited October 2010

I bet you're gonna get a better deal pre-ordering the whole game.
  • edited October 2010
    Sheesh! And I thought Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective was bad.

How about Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army and it's sequel. Both of which are mouthfuls to say.
    Though SB's is longer, I find it much easier to say.
  • edited October 2010

Oh man, you have to put that line somewhere in the games now.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, I was planning to buy it on Blu Ray anyway, so this is good news.
  • edited October 2010

Hellz nah, it should be Raptor Jesus camp! :cool:

129157560493033650.gif
Sign in to comment in this discussion.