Ask the Telltale Back to the Future Team (Almost) Anything!

13»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    What has been the one thing to make you guys smile the biggest so far throughout the process of making the game. By that, I mean the one moment where you guys are like ".... This. Is. AWESOME!"

i guess it was the part: HEY GUYS...... YOU*RE THE ONE'S THAT ARE GOING TO MAKE A NEW BTTF GAME, YEAH!!!!!!!

AND HAVE A LOOK AT HERE: FREE BEER FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    This game looks so cool. I love BTTF
  • edited October 2010
    Why couldn't Michael J. Fox play the role of Marty?

Are you serious? I mean, the poor man is doing his best just to lead a normal life. Have you not seen him on youtube lately? As much as it pains me to say it, when he speaks, you can tell he is not comfortable, not to mention his voice is changed from the high pitched Marty we all know and loved in the movies.

Did you really have to ask, as if it wan't obvious enough? :confused:
  • edited October 2010
    Will the entire game be cartoonish?
  • edited October 2010
    I would love to know about the development tools! I figure from the job ads I've seen you use LUA, but can you give us the spectrum (or at least a subset) of the tools you use?
    What is the engine game coded in?
    What do the "level designers" script in?
    What do you use for 2D art? 3D?
    Sound?
    Animated sequences?
    Change management?
    Bug tracking?
  • edited October 2010
    Will there be any easter eggs? Can you give us a rough idea of how many will be in episode 1?
  • edited October 2010
    Which came first, the chicken, the egg, or the Doc with the chicken and/or egg in the Delorian?
  • edited October 2010
    Being this games takes place 6 months after part 3, will be get to see/drive the Time Train?
  • edited October 2010
    Anthony817 wrote: »
    Did you really have to ask, as if it wan't obvious enough? :confused:
    Yes, I do have to ask. No, I don't think it's inherently obvious. I don't think that this forgone conclusion can simply be inferred. It sounds plausible, but nobody from either party has directly said "Michael is physically incapable of performing voicework due to his illness." I don't think it's an insult to him to ask why he can't do the work if his advancing Parkinson's was the reason. It's a question, posed to Telltale and not to him, and it is by no means a demand on my part.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm new to telltale games. I'm excited about having the BTTF game on xbox, but am I going to have to buy each individual episode as they come out to get the whole game come winter. Meaning pay by the episode, which is more. Can I prepay for the future 'full game' price like $30ish and just download the episodes as they come out? I'm confused.
  • edited October 2010
    How many times has the team went out together for lunch? And has Loyd ever joined you even for a cup of coffee?
  • edited October 2010
    I'm new to telltale games. I'm excited about having the BTTF game on xbox, but am I going to have to buy each individual episode as they come out to get the whole game come winter. Meaning pay by the episode, which is more. Can I prepay for the future 'full game' price like $30ish and just download the episodes as they come out? I'm confused.
    With all Telltale series' it's been possible to preorder the entire package a few weeks in advance, or pay down the full amount at any time and recieve the episodes as they come.
  • edited October 2010
    Steve2911 wrote: »
    With all Telltale series' it's been possible to preorder the entire package a few weeks in advance, or pay down the full amount at any time and recieve the episodes as they come.
    They said "on xbox"(has it been confirmed for the Xbox?). Anyway, they have yet to do season pre-orders on the 360, the Wallace and Gromit episodes had to be bought separately and Seasons 1 and 2 of Sam and Max were only released as full-season packs after the fact, without ever selling individual episodes.
  • edited October 2010
    ...I need to learn to read.
  • edited October 2010
    Without giving away the actual era (or eras), I was wondering if you will be licensing any source music for the appropriate time period(s) the game may be set in?

Cheers
  • edited October 2010
    Were there any rules laid out as to what you could and could not do in regards to time travelling?
    What was the most difficult aspect of making the season so far?
    And finally what has been the most enjoyable part of making the season?

Yeah those are some pretty deep questions but still I feel that they need to be asked. Keep up the great work guys and gals. :cool:
  • edited October 2010
    I have been spamming about the gta mod and I need to stop sorry
    Anyways here are my questions
    In the year 2015 (if there is gonna be)
    Will there being flying cars above us, will they be cars not like the movie or will they, will you be able to fly one or be able to be a taxi guy and drive people around, or police.
    Would you be able to see your past and/or future self if you went to a time period you existed in?
    I know you will Have HV in game, but any other things?
    Will all deloreans be in the game? How about the time train and No.131 locomotive
    Will the missions be movie related or your own ideas?
    Will you at least have one movie related mission, I would like to see the clocktower lightning and the train pushing delorean?
    Will doc be driving you around (I doubt that though)
    Will doc or marty randomely just come out of know where by time traveling and take you some where? Well I mean time
    Will Einstein be in the game, how about Copernicus?
    Will the flux disporsal be like in the movie or like the crysis mod? ( like this)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZAaKH0FYO8
    ( i dont like those effects :P)
    Will there be ice on the delorean or just "smoke" coming off and floating around it?
    If there is no mission for the clocktower or movie related, lets say you just walk around and would you just be able to see lightning actually hit the tower or there would just be a explosion up there?
    Will the weather match time periods like NOV 12 1955 10:00pm
    Will you be using back to the future flux disporsal sound effects or your own, if so will they sound like the movie or will they sound like the crysis mods sound?
    Will you be able to open mr fusion? or it just refills when you press a certain button(when you do that it wont open)
    Will you actaully stick pllutnoium in a BTTF 1 delorean, or it refills auto matic like i said above, and will you be able to attach the hook to it
    More questions coming!
  • edited October 2010
    Will there being flying cars above us, will they be cars not like the movie or will they, will you be able to fly one or be able to be a taxi guy and drive people around, or police.
    Would you be able to see your past and/or future self if you went to a time period you existed in?
    Will all deloreans be in the game? How about the time train and No.131 locomotive
    Will you at least have one movie related mission, I would like to see the clocktower lightning and the train pushing delorean?
    Will doc or marty randomely just come out of know where by time traveling and take you some where? Well I mean time
    Will the flux disporsal be like in the movie or like the crysis mod? ( like this)
    Will there be ice on the delorean or just "smoke" coming off and floating around it?
    If there is no mission for the clocktower or movie related, lets say you just walk around and would you just be able to see lightning actually hit the tower or there would just be a explosion up there?
    Will you be using back to the future flux disporsal sound effects or your own, if so will they sound like the movie or will they sound like the crysis mods sound?
    Will you be able to open mr fusion? or it just refills when you press a certain button(when you do that it wont open)
    Will you actaully stick pllutnoium in a BTTF 1 delorean, or it refills auto matic like i said above, and will you be able to attach the hook to it
    More questions coming!

Have you ever played a TTG game? Here's a link to the free one: http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/lincolnmustdie
  • edited October 2010
    More questions coming!

Whoa there! (laugh)

Something tells me you haven't checked out the FAQ recently. I love your enthusiasm, but I think you have absolutely no idea what to expect from this game.
  • edited October 2010
    1) Without spoiling anything, does Bob Gale/any of the Telltale crew have any voice roles/cameos in the new games?

2) Will players participate in events from the original trilogy? While I know it is set after Back to the Future 3, will you say revisit moments from the first 3 movies thus creating new timelines?

3) Are you considering - for any of the episodes - adopting a DOTT style approach where you switch between say Doc, Marty, Jennifer? Or maybe Marty, Jules & Verne? It could be fun in some sequences to even play as Clara, 1955 George or experience playing Biff or Griff! :P

4) We've seen driving sequences in the Sam & Max games. Any chance of an arcade chase sequence like in each of the movies (where Marty is chased by a Tannen and a gang)? Or will the game be strictly adventure mode?

5) Will we see Clara's family or descendants? Or more of the original 2015 characters?

6) Will the Delorean have any new abilities/modifications to it from visiting certain time periods?

7) Any plans on releasing the game for the iPhone 4?

Could a media liason also please PM me with contact particulars? Thanks...
  • edited October 2010
    If season one is a success, will Telltale make further seasons ala Sam & Max?
  • edited October 2010
    I have two questions:

1) Will there be any cameos from any Sam & Max or Monkey Island characters? Such as a time travelling sam and max :P

2)Is there going to be a surprise appearance of Michael J Fox as Marty like we saw with Earl Boen returning to play LeChuck?
  • edited October 2010
    I have two questions:

2)Is there going to be a surprise appearance of Michael J Fox as Marty like we saw with Earl Boen returning to play LeChuck?

If they told you, it wouldn't be a surprise!
  • edited October 2010
    Macarello wrote: »
    If they told you, it wouldn't be a surprise!

lol gargh! My wording of sentences screws me over again! lol

Remembering M J is ill, I realise it'll be really unlikely for him to appear. But it would be amazing to have him in the cast. His brief appearance in Scrubs was awesome, on this it would be... what's infinitely superior to awesome? :P
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks for your questions everybody! I'll be passing some of them on to the team soon!
  • edited October 2010
    Oh man, I can't wait to hear if the game is good, and whether the team are proud of it!
This discussion has been closed.