Now available for preorder!

edited October 2010 in Back to the Future
I havn't seen this mentioned here. Only $24.95... need I say more?

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

AND it includes a free copy of puzzle agent...

Comments

• edited October 2010
    AND the Poker Night promotion works with it, knocking it down to around $18! With the price of Poker Niight, the whole order price goes down to $23.66. So if you want to get Back to the Future and haven't yet, pick up some free Poker Night and some pocket change off your order! If you have Poker Night already bought, snag it as a gift purchase for someone or something for the minor savings plus being nice.
  • edited October 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    need I say more?

no, already preordered!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    AND the Poker Night promotion works with it, knocking it down to around $18! With the price of Poker Niight, the whole order price goes down to $23.66. So if you want to get Back to the Future and haven't yet, pick up some free Poker Night and some pocket change off your order! If you have Poker Night already bought, snag it as a gift purchase for someone or something for the minor savings plus being nice.

Thanks for telling. If my PayPal wasn't empty, I would have ordered already and missed another opportunity. Good for Telltale nonetheless: I'll just order MORE. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Who saw this coming from 1955 that it would be available for today?
    edited October 2010
    Grrrr.... now all I need is a Sam&Max 1+2+3-soundtrack-bundle to also put in my cart. Could TTG add this tomorrow, please?
  • edited October 2010
    I really hope Poker Night doesn't come out until at least one more month or else I won't be able to use that 25% with all the stuff I wanted including this (free Puzzle Agent sold me on pre-ordering). Man I wish my parents paid me more than $5 the day for working at their place >__>
  • edited October 2010
    Can we use the Puzzle Agent Copy as a Gift, if we already have it?
  • edited October 2010
    Ok. Newbie here, and maybe this belongs in the FAQ section, but since it is specifically regarding pre-orders, I'll put it here: If I were to pre-order today: can I get it on any system they are putting out or is it just for PC? (I know that all the systems haven't been announced yet, but I'm still hoping for an xbox 360 release.)

And at the bottom of the bttf page linked to above, they've got icons for pc, mac, ipad, and what appears to be playstation, but I'm not sure on that. Means I could be out of luck.
  • edited October 2010
    This is PC pre-order only, correct?

Any news on the PSN pre-order? I assume it will work similar to Sam & Max.
    edited October 2010
    I can't get Poker Night to knock of the price off BTTF. How does this work??
  • edited October 2010
    Are you buying the two together? It was working for me a few minutes ago.
    Mirko wrote: »
    Can we use the Puzzle Agent Copy as a Gift, if we already have it?

Yeah, it gave me the option when I checked.
  • edited October 2010
    PC/MAC only
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Back to the Future isn't intended to qualify for discounts with other coupons.

This is in the process of getting fixed now.
    edited October 2010
    What about a DVD at the end of the season? Or is the lack thereof the actual REASON why it's only 24,95$ ??
  • edited October 2010
    The store page says there will be a season DVD. :cool:

Really, I think the reason for the lower price is to both attract people that aren't necessarily farmiliar with TT's games, and also because $10 has been subtracted, this basically means that an episode is free (which ties into that news story that was rumoured the other week). By doing this, n00bs may not be as outraged that they wasted as much of their money when they are posting: "TELLTALEZ PROMISED US A FREE ROAM GTA GAME! IV WASTED MY MUNIIII!".

I think it's a good idea to make BTTF slightly cheaper than TT's games have been. Good choice in my opinion.
  • edited October 2010
    Pre-ordered and gifted Puzzle Agent :)
  • edited October 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Back to the Future isn't intended to qualify for discounts with other coupons.

This is in the process of getting fixed now.

Not cool. :(
  • edited October 2010
    Pre-ordered!! Yes! Now I can sleep peacefully at night.
  • edited October 2010
    Saw this for $24.95 = I had to pre-order! I was anyway, but that is awesome. Gifted Puzzle Agent to my brother as thanks for using his computer. Looking forward to this a lot! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Anyone who has that spare puzzle agent, I'll take it;)
  • edited October 2010
    PRE-ORDERED!!!
    :D
    :guybrush: :winslow:
  • edited October 2010
    Hmm, well after watching the behind the scenes video(which just now came into my sub box on youtube) I might preorder, although I must know, will I need any true info on the series, besides Marty and Doc have adventures in a time-traveling car. If so, It might be an instant preorder for me.
  • edited October 2010
    Bought!
    I was caught by surprise, I didn't undestand that it was available for preorder!
    I think it's not clear in the blog - the title is only about the 3rd part of the making of and I was saying "ok, I'll watch it tomorrow", but on facebook there was the news!!!!!

I think preorder deserves its own post on the main blog!! So you can explain the forum area, the offers and everything.
  • edited October 2010
    Nooooo! I just pre-ordered this awesome game and after that I read about the Poker Night deal... :( Please Doc, let me borrow your timemachine!
  • edited October 2010
    My jaw dropped when I saw the $25 price, since the other Telltale games were all $35. For some reason, I had it in my head that BTTF would be more expensive than the other games, what with hiring Christopher Lloyd, and any licensed materials that may be in the game, etc. Seriously, $25 is a very good price for the game, I would have even paid double that (but please don't double the price :D). Thanks for looking out for us poor folks, Telltale! :)
  • edited October 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    I would have even paid double that (but please don't double the price :D). Thanks for looking out for us poor folks, Telltale! :)

Doubling the price now.

Just kidding.
  • edited October 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    For some reason, I had it in my head that BTTF would be more expensive than the other games, what with hiring Christopher Lloyd, and any licensed materials that may be in the game, etc.

I'm guessing they predict a much wider audience for this one than for previous games, what with the relatively mainstream nature of the franchise, so they can afford to release it for a little less money.
  • edited October 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    I'm guessing they predict a much wider audience for this one than for previous games, what with the relatively mainstream nature of the franchise, so they can afford to release it for a little less money.
    My guess is more along the lines of them giving away the first episode with a non-unique code to the majority of customers, and they learned from Wallace and Gromit that people are generally not willing to spend $35 for 4 episodes.
  • edited October 2010
    My guess is more along the lines of them giving away the first episode with a non-unique code to the majority of customers, and they learned from Wallace and Gromit that people are generally not willing to spend $35 for 4 episodes.

But... 5 episodes...
  • edited October 2010
    But... 5 episodes...
    Yes, the series is five episodes long.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh, god. That banner is big.
  • edited October 2010
    preordered
    awesome. now to get into my DeLorean and skip a few months
  • edited October 2010
    Damn you Marty!! Bring us with you!!
  • edited October 2010

Thats probably what i'll end up doing, unless they surprise us and end up putting it on Wii. Damn computers too slow, i'll have to use my sisters laptop.
  • edited October 2010
    Damn you Marty!! Bring us with you!!
    sorry, there's only enough room for the dead hookers :P
  • edited October 2010
    Marty wrote: »
    sorry, there's only enough room for the dead hookers :P

Uhh, what? Even as a joke, that doesn't make sense. Or, you're one of those people who think it will be a GTA-style game. You might want to cancel if that's the case.
  • edited October 2010
    Unless the telltale tool gets more expressive facialy with doc E brown I wont buy Back to the future from TTG who wants a game where all doc does is move his mouth and hands no thanks
  • edited October 2010
    jared25 wrote: »
    Unless the telltale tool gets more expressive facialy with doc E brown I wont buy Back to the future from TTG who wants a game where all doc does is move his mouth and hands no thanks

They've said the tool they're utilizing for this game is heavily modified and far more advanced than anything they've done before, especially for character animations. The model you saw in the video was super-pre-production, so I think judgement should be reserved for a final game trailer.
  • edited October 2010
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Pre-ordered and gifted Puzzle Agent :)

Same. TTG has some kind of nerve. Here I am, newly jobless and still pre-ordering video games with no set release date. But I neeeed access to the Insider Forum and the game the second it's available for download.
  • edited October 2010
    Can we get confimation that this "season" will actually see a disc release for those that pre-order, just like every other Telltale series has had? That detail is conspicuously absent from the release announcement, and I'm not pre-ordering the PC version if I'm not going to get a disc version. If I have to go digital-only, I'll go with the PS3 version and have trophy support.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.