Now available for preorder!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I have your confirmation right here.
  • edited October 2010
    I have your confirmation right here.

ok, sounds great. I just hope that my PC can run it. I had some crash issues with the last season of Sam & Max.
  • edited October 2010
    dammit telltale! stop stealing my money!

.... okay i'll just give you access to my paypal account, so you can take all the money you want whenever you want
  • edited October 2010
    I was just about to preorder it, but I can't find it on Steam? I'm assuming that'll be available upon release?
  • edited October 2010
    Ok, I've pre-ordered it (yay!), but how do I get into the Insider forum? it doesn't show up anywhere.

EDIT: hehe, not 5 minutes after I type this message the forum shows up. Goody!
  • edited October 2010
    Can I get some system requirements?
    I really want to have this game. But for the last season of sam and max I had to push down the graphics to get a good framerate.
    That was still OK. But I'm worried, that the back to the future games won't work on my mashine...
  • edited October 2010
    Already preordered!
    I'm looking forward to play the first episode. ;)

greetings from germany
    tomsen
  • edited October 2010
    Now we only need.... a date! (Something important in a time-travel game...)
  • edited October 2010
    I was just about to preorder it, but I can't find it on Steam? I'm assuming that'll be available upon release?

I have the same question, because I also want to pre-order it on steam. Will this be possible, and with getting Puzzle Agent for free, too?

Thanks in advance for an answer! :)
  • edited October 2010
    A little notice to those wanting to pre-order on Steam. If you order from Steam, rather than Telltale, you will not be elegible for the free (except for shipping) end of season DVD, which includes the five episodes of BTTF plus many behind the scenes goodies, concept art and developer commentary. And with BTTF being a major license, I can only see good things coming out of this DVD.
    :)
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah as always i bought it here, but hopefully steam will popup as well :) i have no problems buying such good games 2 times, and its alot nicer to actully have it on steam :)

Hopefully my secret forum pops up soon ish xD
  • edited October 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Hopefully my secret forum pops up soon ish xD

Hoping the same thing myself got the email got the code got puzzle agent free just no forum yet but I am sure it will be here for me soon :)
  • edited October 2010
    If you order from Steam, rather than Telltale, you will not be elegible for the free (except for shipping) end of season DVD

Where do you have that info from?

Nevertheless it would be nice to know if this Steam will offer the same promotion. (I mean the downloads, not the DVD^^.)
  • edited October 2010
    That's the way Telltale have worked since they began (I'm a regular follower of them ;) ), the DVD's are exclusive to those who buy from Telltale's site, and not to steam, which is run by Valve or something (don't really know :p ).

But yeah, there might still be a chance of Puzzle Agent being free on Steam temporarily as well. Telltale have carried offers across to Steam in the past.
  • edited October 2010
    No DVD features have been announced. The DVD has been mentioned on the store page(I linked to it above). Developer commentary, concept art, and other special features are by no means crazy to assume(they've been pretty consistent with these kinds of things in the past) but Telltale haven't directly said what will be on this disc yet(but then, they usually don't until the disc is about to come out, so this is normal).
  • edited October 2010
    I'm not preordering it yet.

I already have Puzzle Agent and Poker Night. Also, I'm somewhat waiting for a price drop.
  • edited October 2010
    Pre-ordered and gifted Puzzle Agent. Question is why Back to the Future is not on "Your Games!" list?
  • edited October 2010
    Probably because they've not announced anything regarding the actual individual episodes. Once that happens I'm sure they'll show up in the games list.
  • edited October 2010
    It is on mine, just not the download link, but maybe that's just for the free first episode.
  • edited October 2010
    Can't resist... must... preorder.

Damn you Telltale, everytime i hear the theme i wanna watch the movies. Its kinda.... jinxed.

@Chyron8472: Price drop? How dare you!

I also already have Puzzle Agent and Poker Night and i dont give a sh*t

Its Telltale! Its BTTF! Its only 25 bucks :eek:
  • edited October 2010
    And, given their recent history, a couple months after episode 1(the free one) comes out, it'll be only five bucks or let you get everything else in your cart half off or come with a lifetime supply of Cheetos.
  • edited October 2010
    How big is the game to download ? I have a crappy internet line , just preordered it.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    They're probably going for the maximum, which would be 400 to 600 MB. If that's a problem, let a friend download the episode and install on your computer from CD. You can activate your episode via your internet connection, however crappy - that should not be a problem, not even with 56k. ;)

And welcome to the forums! Stay a while, and listen! ;)
    edited October 2010
    And, given their recent history, a couple months after episode 1(the free one) comes out, it'll be only five bucks or let you get everything else in your cart half off or come with a lifetime supply of Cheetos.

I've been pondering that over and over, and in this single case, I must admit, I really don't care. BTTF at 24,95 is a brilliant bargain, I'll readily pay to play it first. Also, chances are I'd be paying overseas postage & packing for that lifetime supply of Cheetos, and I don't even like them! ;)
  • edited October 2010

Whats better for Telltale? When everyone waits until the game gets a discount or when some of the buyers are not that stingy and are willing to pay the full prize for the game (and/or other stuff)? you can do the math yourself....

you're all scrooge mcducks!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    AND the Poker Night promotion works with it, knocking it down to around $18! With the price of Poker Niight, the whole order price goes down to $23.66.

Er... not working at present, alas.
  • edited October 2010
    Er... not working at present, alas.

Ah, apparently it's because it's not meant to:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20053

Gnats
  • edited October 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    Whats better for Telltale? When everyone waits until the game gets a discount or when some of the buyers are not that stingy and are willing to pay the full prize for the game (and/or other stuff)? you can do the math yourself....

you're all scrooge mcducks!!!!
    I don't care what's best for Telltale. Maybe I'll wait for them to put it on sale and give the difference directly to Team Fox. Then would I be a scrooge?
  • edited October 2010
    will it be on steam too?
  • edited October 2010
    I don't care what's best for Telltale. Maybe I'll wait for them to put it on sale and give the difference directly to Team Fox. Then would I be a scrooge?

Why dont you just pirate the game and give the whole 25 bucks to team fox?

blabla....
    edited October 2010

No one's attacking you here (but give to Team Fox as much as you can ;) ). If you'd like to wait, please do so, without remorse! People who can wait for a year are normally far better off financially, it's true!

Still, I just bought BTTF for 24.95$; that's about half the price of new retail games in Germany. And even counting the p&p to ship the DVD over, it's still cheaper than the adventure game I recently bought here, "A New beginning", which I can't play because it's way too buggy and crushes every other second.

Is it December yet?
  • edited October 2010
    december? what about december? "winter" is a long time, there's no statement that says "december", is it?
    edited October 2010
    Nothing official, it's true!
  • edited October 2010
    Just pre-ordered this, so excited!

Just a quick question, it's not showing up in my games list but Puzzle Agent is.

Also where are the insider forums?

Cheers in advance! :D
  • edited October 2010
    Just pre-ordered this, so excited!

Just a quick question, it's not showing up in my games list but Puzzle Agent is.

Also where are the insider forums?

Cheers in advance! :D

At least for me, the insider forums are in the Universal section just under this forum. As for the episodes not showing up in your games list, that's because the episode titles haven't been announced yet. They'll show up eventually.
    edited October 2010
    It takes a while for the pre-order forum to appear. That seems to be a manual thing... took about an hour or so when I ordered 12 hours ago. ;)

Nothing's happening there at the moment anyway. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks for the answers! It's showing up now :p
  • edited October 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    december? what about december? "winter" is a long time, there's no statement that says "december", is it?

The press release from yesterday states December for PC/Mac and "shortly after" for PS3 and iPad.

I'm still baffled with the iPad support. Especially since I heard that only the first episode of the recent Sam & Max season made it to iPad.

I say just focus on PC/Mac and proper consoles. Otherwise, it just looks like you released an episode and gave up on the platform, which is rather unfortunate.
  • edited October 2010
    I really want to pre-order, but waiting for the Steam offer, since I have all of my newest games on Steam, would love to add this one to it aswell (I even bought S&M 3 twice when it came as a cheap bundle on Steam together with 1 and 2)

Only thing I might miss out is the DVD, but a friend of mine preordered it already so I can always watch his DVD :P (if there is one afterwards ofcourse)
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah when i saw this news i immediately made an account here and on the telltale website and pre-ordered the game without any doubt.

Especially when i knew that Bob Gale, Christopher Lloyd was involved and i'm a huge fan of Back To The Future Trilogy because its simply the best movie ever.
    I have the Trilogy DVD Box of it.

I'm 28 now and i still cant get this movie out of my mind mostly of the fact i'm fascinated by the idea of time-travel and BTTF is a great way to escape into that subject.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.