The Heavy from TF2 should cameo in this.

For obvious reasons.

Valve lent Heavy's model to Telltale for Poker Night at the Inventory, and we might be visiting the 60's anyway. Why not? ;)

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Perhaps there's a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull.

Funny cameo idea, but I would only want to see it as a ludicrous promotional poster, not in-game.
  • edited October 2010
    Or even just a model toy, or perhaps a man who looks and talks like the heavy, but no machine gun [unless they plan on doing something like BttF2]. Like, a big buisness man or something. Other then that, I see no point.
  • edited October 2010
    Not realy into character cameos, maybe Doc could say one of Sam's "Sweet.." lines.
  • edited October 2010
    Not realy into character cameos, maybe Doc could say one of Sam's "Sweet.." lines.

Not really a fan of any of this really.

I know this is Telltale's property but I'm going to be fairly disapointed with references like that.

Unless they are cultural references or branding... For e.g. Nike; Pepsi etc

But from the look of Marty's shoes that won't even happen.

Terrible idea RAnthonyMahan
  • edited October 2010
    Doc, this is Heavy.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    I know this is Telltale's property but I'm going to be fairly disapointed with references like that.

Unless they are cultural references or branding... For e.g. Nike; Pepsi etc

FRIEND! ;)

Good refs: The BTTF movies and quotes, Sony, Panasonic, Nike, Pepsi, Texaco, Michael Jackson, Huey Lewis, books that directly inspired the movies ("The Time Machine" or Jules Verne books), anything that was popular in the visited time periods (history refs, books, music, lifestyle...)

Bad refs: Other TTG products like Sam&Max or Monkey Island, TF2 characters, other MJF and CL games/movies like Toonstruck, Roger Rabbit etc., Doctor Who or any other time travelling movies/books/series that did NOT inspire the movies.

And concerning the question "why not?": Because the atmosphere whished for in the game is the same as experienced in the movies, and the "bad refs" would be very distracting and detrimental to that atmosphere.
  • edited October 2010
    Doc, this is Heavy.

to say it in german at least once in this forum

Das ist stark!! :eek:

edit: i dont want a heavy cameo, heavy has absolutely nothing to do with bttf. absolutely nothing. why not putting strong bad, guybrush or skunkape or phone bone somewhere in bttf as cameo? different character, same shitty idea.

no, dont want that.

in tf2 the max hat and sam's gun work, as tf2 is far away from any reality.

in the bttf "reality" (what is some kinda "our reality" i dont wanna be remembered of a fictional character from the "real" reality, that doesnt fit
  • edited October 2010
    Well, if it came out before the movie, I say it's fair game for a reference, as it might have had the tiniest of influence on the film.
  • edited October 2010
    you can see from the pics of the characters on martys trainers you can see they are not nikes. even docs shoes were nikes in the movies 1 and 2 but you can see theres no nike logo on them,

im just glad they have a new set of games based these fabulous movies, about time i say. i will way this thank you telltale you actualy pushed it for this to happen.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    marty2015 wrote: »
    you can see from the pics of the characters on martys trainers you can see they are not nikes. even docs shoes were nikes in the movies 1 and 2 but you can see theres no nike logo on them,

It's probably an interesting experience creating this game. BTTF was so full of product placement that you can't really create a game without at least hinting at certain brands (which won't pay for that reference and might possibly even be opposed to it). I wonder if TTG has approached the biggies like Sony, Panasonic etc. asking for renewed product placement... what feels like nostalgia to us would be a great image campaign for these brands. They'd miss the greatest opportunity. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    yeh i know what you mean, well we will soon find out my friend.
  • edited October 2010
    It's probably an interesting experience creating this game. BTTF was so full of product placement that you can't really create a game without at least hinting at certain brands (which won't pay for that reference and might possibly even be opposed to it). I wonder if TTG has approached the biggies like Sony, Panasonic etc. asking for renewed product placement... what feels like nostalgia to us would be a great image campaign for these brands. They'd miss the greatest opportunity. ;)

In the "Lone Pine" concept art, the mall is now called "Rubarbison's" whereas in the film it is "Robinson's". A skillful copyright-infringement-dodge in anyone's book. :)

EDIT: Marty might drink "Pepi" and wear "Niko"
  • edited October 2010
    Wait, if there's no product placement in this game, then I guess you could say the game is...

010f39835011e9b520605ebbabc3add6.jpg

Pepsi Free.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
  • rXprXp
    edited October 2010
    Wait, if there's no product placement in this game, then I guess you could say the game is...

010f39835011e9b520605ebbabc3add6.jpg

Pepsi Free.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Do I need to sing *Who are you ?* ?
  • edited October 2010
    Doc, this is Heavy.
    Only if the Demoman gets to come by every time Doc says "Great Scott"
  • edited October 2010
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    Only if the Demoman gets to come by every time Doc says "Great Scott"

But the Demoman's a great Scot, not a great Scott.

Then again, we don't know the real names of most of the cast, and it's possible one of them is named Scott.
  • edited October 2010
    Marty: "This is Heavy"
    Heavy: "Da, little man is correct."
Sign in to comment in this discussion.