No translation no party

13»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Personally, I'm just sad that we're not going to get a party. I was gonna bring the chips.
  • edited November 2010
    Personally, I'm just sad that we're not going to get a party. I was gonna bring the chips.

I'll be throwing a party if there's no Trasnlations.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    I'll be throwing a party if there's no Trasnlations.

I assure you that there will not ever be a "Trasnlation" of the game. Where's our party now? ;)
  • edited November 2010
    a few more misspellings more and on site ten of the thread someone demands a trainstation.
  • edited November 2010
    I assure you that there will not ever be a "Trasnlation" of the game. Where's our party now? ;)

As a note, I've dyslexia.
  • edited November 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    a few more misspellings more and on site ten of the thread someone demands a trainstation.

:D Ha!
  • edited November 2010
    Many good points about what goes into localizing a game.

I'm not entering this debate but I see everyone's perspectives and would love to make all of our games in all of the languages but understand that that's not going to happen (no matter how much I beg to do the first Mongolian localized game).

To add a tiny slice of insight into the process, the Daedalic Tales of Monkey Island was the first localized project I managed. Before the game text went out to the translators, I spent about a week and a half making notes on situational context, character relationships and explaining why jokes worked in English for all of the episodes. That was all I did for that span of time and that was just to give the translators a good base to work from, there were still multiple rounds of questions and answers after that.

If you add to that the fact that I'm now managing multiple projects (and no, I can't say what yet) you can definitely see that it's not as fast, easy or cheap as one might think.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm closing this thread, as I see the question has been answered.
This discussion has been closed.