Bleep option?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I know, just examples of what I meant by rude! :D Anyway, thanks for confirming, looking forward to the game a lot!

Actually, would you mind giving us one example please of what he would say or do that is rude?
  • edited November 2010
    Talking about and/or drawing wangs is more of a Gabe thing, Tycho doesn't seem to do so quite as much.

It might be fun if we get to see some of Tycho's infamous smack-talking though
  • edited November 2010
    You may also want to avoid Gabe's cookies in December.
  • edited November 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Talking about and/or drawing wangs is more of a Gabe thing, Tycho doesn't seem to do so quite as much.

It might be fun if we get to see some of Tycho's infamous smack-talking though

Yeah, I haven't seen Tycho do many things related to that. Except when Gabe got him to rub Gabe's wang on a TV. I don't really mind, I know that won't be in it.
    Bunnyman wrote:
    You may also want to avoid Gabe's cookies in December.

Haha, I know. :)
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    What do you mean exactly? Are you referring to some specific thing? We tried to write him true to as much of his personality from the comics that we could fit in the game. So, sometimes he's a little rude, yes.
    What about when Max called Sam a
    pussy
    ? Mind you, that was only in the Effigy Mound.
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Okay, nothing specific, I just wanted to know if he was only going to swear or if he would be a bit rude as well. I don't mind of course. Like how they
    talk about the penis, they drew one once
    , for example.
    Where was THAT?
  • edited November 2010
    Where was THAT?

Here. Why, did you think I was talking about Sam & Max? Also, was that Gabe who done that? I could sort of make out his name in the chat box...
  • edited November 2010
    Veotax wrote: »
    Is the game even going to be rated? It hasn't been announced for any other platforms than PC & Mac and Steam doesn't require games to be rated by the ERSB or anyone else.

Seems like a waste of money to even submit it to the ERSB.
    The point of the ESRB is for the games industry to regulate itself so that the U.S. government won't have to do it instead. MPAA ratings exist for the same reason. Hence, it tends to be in everybody's best interests to submit a game to the ESRB, especially when we're talking about M-rated content.

On the other side of the coin, I really don't think a cartoon character using a few (or a lot of) bad words is really what worries the government so much when it comes to games.
  • edited November 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Here. Why, did you think I was talking about Sam & Max? Also, was that Gabe who done that? I could sort of make out his name in the chat box...

That was, in fact, John Gabriel. Had it been Tycho, well...I direct you here and here, meaning that, even if he did draw one of those, we'd have no idea what it was anyway.
  • edited November 2010
    Can't wait to hear Tycho swear.
  • edited November 2010
    Really? I love the F-word as much as the next guy, but the idea of hearing somebody swearing excites you? :P

Maybe if it were Samuel L. Jackson or R. Lee Ermey, I'd understand...

(Heh, imagine those two playing poker at the Inventory! Now there's some quality dialogue...)
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Really? I love the F-word as much as the next guy, but the idea of hearing somebody swearing excites you? :P

Maybe if it were Samuel L. Jackson or R. Lee Ermey, I'd understand...

(Heh, imagine those two playing poker at the Inventory! Now there's some quality dialogue...)

John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson

Pulp Fiction Style!

Also i thought that thread was about Bleed option, and gonna start a lot of Swearing should stop bleeding and stuff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.