Bleep option?

Has it yet been decided whether there'll be an option to turn the bleeps off? Or will it be censored family-friendly fun all the way?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Has it yet been decided whether there'll be an option to turn the bleeps off? Or will it be censored family-friendly content that wouldn't even offend a nun all the way?

Did you see the trailer? Tycho utters a (bleeped) "F**k you" at the very end.
  • edited November 2010

It's actually "F**k yeah" instead of "you".
  • edited November 2010

It's a "F**k yeah!" since he rolled a 20.
  • edited November 2010

That doesn't confirm whether there'll be an option to turn the bleeps off. If there is such an option, of course it wouldn't be turned on in the trailer.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm guessing it will be bleeped. With no option but then again I don't know for certain.
  • edited November 2010
    Telltale already confirmed this a while back.
  • edited November 2010
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    Telltale already confirmed this a while back.

Confirmed what? That there will be an option or that there won't? All I remember is a staff member saying that there'll be either bleeps or an option to bleep.
  • edited November 2010
    I hope for an option.
  • edited November 2010
    I have a feeling there's not going to be an option to remove the bleeps. They probably don't want to risk an M-Rating.

If you can remove the bleeps, maybe every swear Tycho says is really its extremely mild counterpart, a la Timmy Two-Teeth? :p
  • edited November 2010
    I have a feeling there's not going to be an option to remove the bleeps. They probably don't want to risk an M-Rating.

If you can remove the bleeps, maybe every swear Tycho says is really its extremely mild counterpart, a la Timmy Two-Teeth? :p

Fondue yeah!
  • edited November 2010
    Donut button.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd like to preorder, but I also want to make sure there is an option to remove the bleeps before I buy the game... I hope I won't have to wait until after it's out so I can ask people about it.
  • edited November 2010
    I would like to turn off bleeps but I think I would still enjoy the game a lot even if they were still there.
  • edited November 2010
    There are, however some fun things one can do with bleeps. The **** Poppers bit comes to mind...
  • edited November 2010

Is the game even going to be rated? It hasn't been announced for any other platforms than PC & Mac and Steam doesn't require games to be rated by the ERSB or anyone else.

Seems like a waste of money to even submit it to the ERSB.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Tycho in the engine's not ready for prime time yet, which is why he's not in screenshots quite yet.

As for language, the game will either be bleeped or have an option to bleep.

Still up in the air I guess.
  • edited November 2010
    Veotax wrote: »

Considering the price of the item
  • edited November 2010
    JFreeman wrote: »
    Still up in the air I guess.

Schrodinger's ****.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Jake posted this in the Poker Night pre-order media discussion thread:
    The game is by default bleeped. There's a switch in settings to unbleep.
    Yay! Bleeps in media make things seem so unnatural, so I'm glad we can turn them off. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Now, I have just one little question for Telltale.

WHY DID IT TAKE YOU PEOPLE SO LONG TO TELL US THAT? YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED US ALL FROM WHINING!
  • edited November 2010

Has you some time play football?

Prehaps! I'm've was to make football often times. Play? Know. Best football results twice again.
  • edited November 2010
    Veotax wrote: »
    Is the game even going to be rated? It hasn't been announced for any other platforms than PC & Mac and Steam doesn't require games to be rated by the ERSB or anyone else.

Unless you're a tiny indie company, it's generally a good idea to submit a game to the ESRB. It's kinda unprofessional if you don't.
  • edited November 2010
    Hmm. Let me try something.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
    BiggerJ wrote:
    How did you seen out when you was a baby?

Huh.
  • edited November 2010
    WHY DID IT TAKE YOU PEOPLE SO LONG TO TELL US THAT? YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED US ALL FROM WHINING!

Because they hate you. They PMed the rest of us to let us know, though.
  • edited November 2010

Because we already found a secret button on the site that lets us watch the trailer without beeps
  • edited November 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    Because we already found a secret button on the site that lets us watch the trailer without beeps

May I inquire as to where this button is?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    May I inquire as to where this button is?

In Bunnyman's imagination.
  • edited November 2010
    By the way, I'm not sure if you're allowed to answer this, but could you confirm if all the swearing is going to come from Tycho or not? It'd sound pretty strange hearing Strong Bad drop the F-Bomb...
    edited November 2010
    Only Tycho swears, true to form. Nobody else does, because they don't anywhere else. It would be weird to hear one of the other characters talk like that. I think the characters themselves, and their creators, would both find it weird, with rare exception.
  • edited November 2010
    I am expecting comedy to arise from non-swearing characters reacting to Tycho's erudite yet filthy mouth.

Strong Bad: Dude, I will give you the rights to my awesomely popular indie comic book you tell me what those words mean.

Heavy: In my country, we never use such language, you filth-mouthed мудак!
    Tycho: ...You just called me an asshole in Russian, didn't you?
    Heavy (in shame): ...Yes.
    Max: See, kids? Gambling is fun and educational! Impress your friends! Confuse your enemies! Look like an idiot in Spanish class!
  • edited November 2010
    Speaking of which, the Heavy could say Russian swears to keep with his character, like Chort, Mudak, etc. Those are the only ones I remember Reznov saying in World at War.
  • edited November 2010
    There are, however some fun things one can do with bleeps. The **** Poppers bit comes to mind...

That was hilarious, but I think the bleeping was actually planned to make that funny (however the game is bleeped by default)

Poker night at the inventory however will have the option to turn bleeping off, so I don't think there will be much humour on the fact that a swear is bleeped out, just if you hate swears you can turn it off!
  • edited November 2010
    with rare exception.

The other characters don't really swear but do say some obscenities that wouldn't suit everyone.

That is another case where bleeps make things more funny.
  • edited November 2010
    I am expecting comedy to arise from non-swearing characters reacting to Tycho's erudite yet filthy mouth.

Strong Bad: Dude, I will give you the rights to my awesomely popular indie comic book you tell me what those words mean.

Max: See, kids? Gambling is fun and educational! Impress your friends! Confuse your enemies! Look like an idiot in Spanish class!

I will now be sad if a similar exchange doesn't happen.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010

This, would be awesome to see! True to character and hilarious.
  • edited November 2010
    Only Tycho swears, true to form. Nobody else does, because they don't anywhere else. It would be weird to hear one of the other characters talk like that. I think the characters themselves, and their creators, would both find it weird, with rare exception.

Hey, I've seen the Sam & Max outtake reels. William Kasten swearing in the Max voice is hilarious. But yes, that's probably best kept out of the actual game.
  • edited November 2010

I don't mind that he swears, but will he be rude like in the comics? Just wondering.
    edited November 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    I don't mind that he swears, but will he be rude like in the comics? Just wondering.

What do you mean exactly? Are you referring to some specific thing? We tried to write him true to as much of his personality from the comics that we could fit in the game. So, sometimes he's a little rude, yes.
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, nothing specific, I just wanted to know if he was only going to swear or if he would be a bit rude as well. I don't mind of course. Like how they
    talk about the penis, they drew one once
    , for example.
    edited November 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Okay, nothing specific, I just wanted to know if he was only going to swear or if he would be a bit rude as well. I don't mind of course. Like how they
    talk about the penis, they drew one once
    , for example.

Oh um that won't be happening in the game!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.