Poker Night: Releases Nov 22

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Don't mean to be rude, but when am I supposed to receive the mail with info on how to pick up the visor? : P

Would be good to know yes, but i think they said early in the morning, but that most likely means their time, which i have no clue on.
    EDIT:Using a converter, i believe it is around 4:00 their time, so i would say about 4 hours.
  • edited November 2010
    It's now 1 PM on my coast. I know you guys have the time as 10 AM, but is that really "early" morning? Ah, well. No biggie.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Would be good to know yes, but i think they said early in the morning, but that most likely means their time, which i have no clue on.
    EDIT:Using a converter, i believe it is around 4:00 their time, so i would say about 4 hours.

i have not received an email from them and it is past 4 hours from your post

(and i did check the junk folder)
  • edited November 2010
    Hi guys - I'm working on the mailing now. It will go out sometime this afternoon California time. I'll also post the link to get your visor code in here as soon as the page is ready, so you can beat the email server to the punch.
  • edited November 2010
    pokernightbeatsfallout.jpg

You're outselling New Vegas! Even though most of the sales are probably just people who want the TF2 items, that's still pretty cool.
  • edited November 2010
    pokernightbeatsfallout.jpg

You're outselling New Vegas! Even though most of the sales are probably just people who want the TF2 items, that's still pretty cool.

Yay!
  • edited November 2010
    Will we get a second Lugermorph if we already got the Sam & Max items? (I already gave mine away to RingmasterJ5)
  • edited November 2010
    lol there's so much lugermorph dramu
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Will we get a second Lugermorph if we already got the Sam & Max items? (I already gave mine away to RingmasterJ5)

Yep.
  • edited November 2010
    Get your TF2 visor codes here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor

I tested it with my account, and all looks good, but let me know if there's any trouble getting your codes.
  • edited November 2010
    Yay! Now to wait for the actual game! :D
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks, Rich!
  • edited November 2010
    Great trailer, but you guys should have studied 20-sided dice more carefully. Here's a high-res capture from the part at the end where Tycho supposedly rolled a 20.
    281qvmd.png
    It doesn't even look like any single side is facing up, but there's a more important issue. You can clearly see the 1. But similar to the designs of the classic six-sider and most other dice, the 20 is always opposite of the 1. There's just no way this roll can be a 20.
    The lower-right face which seems to be a 12 is potentially problematic too. Not sure if this is as universal, but all my d20's have an 11 there, and differently oriented to boot.

I also have to nitpick about Max's freelance police badge. The design is great and appropriate, as you can tell by this reference picture from the animated series.
    Freelance_Police_badge_%28cartoon%29.png
    The problem? This picture is of Sam's badge, and has number 1 on it. Yet Max's badge in Poker Night also has number 1 on it. Hm...
  • edited November 2010
    TTG, can we see some ingame images of what the items look like on the TF2 characters.
  • edited November 2010
    I want to know, will the Dangeresque, Too? glasses be a misc item?
  • edited November 2010
    I would actually know what the stats of the items are.
    Are they new or are they just Reskins like the Luger?
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I would actually know what the stats of the items are.
    Are they new or are they just Reskins like the Luger?

Reskins, awesome reskins :D
  • edited November 2010
    Harald, the badges are different from series to series.
  • edited November 2010
    how do you bleap the swears in the game
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    The game is by default bleeped. There's a switch in settings to unbleep.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    There's a switch in settings to unbleep.
    There IS a good and merciful God!
  • edited November 2010

So I can have Tycho say f**k yeah without it bleeping if I so desired. Plus that new heavy minigun, i must know its name, if it is a reskin, and of what weapon.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    So I can have Tycho say f**k yeah without it bleeping if I so desired. Plus that new heavy minigun, i must know its name, if it is a reskin, and of what weapon.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/The_Iron_Curtain

It's a Minigun reskin.
  • edited November 2010

As Tycho would say "F
    uc
    k yeah" I hate the natasha. See what I did there, like Pokernight you can choose to censor me or not.
  • edited November 2010
    Nice. :)
  • edited November 2010

Wow, i'm suprised, but happy :)
  • edited November 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    The problem? This picture is of Sam's badge, and has number 1 on it. Yet Max's badge in Poker Night also has number 1 on it. Hm...

Obviously, neither Sam nor Max can count higher than 1. Or Max stole Sam's badge. Or the numerical values are irrelevant on Freelance Police badges. :P
  • edited November 2010
    Am I the only one who noticed the design that looks suspiciously like a D20 on the back of the cards in the FAQ?

Are deck designs character specific, are we using Tycho's deck, or is it sheer coincidence? Hmm...
  • edited November 2010
    Will there be an option to lower the graphic-quality to Sam & Max S3 Lewvels 1-3 or will it be like in Puzzle Agent? (which basically means I wasted my money)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Graphics are tunable to lower quality.
  • edited November 2010

Is turnable a word?
  • edited November 2010
    Is turnable a word?

He said tunable.

Meaning it can be tuned to the right settings.
  • edited November 2010

Great news! Thanks for that.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Is turnable a word?

Don't feel bad. I read "turnable" too.
  • edited November 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Don't feel bad. I read "turnable" too.

And I read "turnable" as "turntable"

Oh the fun we have on this forum
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Is turnable a word?

It's on the internet, but it's not in the Scrabble dictionary. Given that the Scrabble dictionary includes "words" like BRR and BRRR (official Hasbro quote: "used to indicate that one feels cold"), I'm going to assume that no, "turnable" is not a word.
  • edited November 2010
    I think it's been used enough in this thread to be a neologism now.
    Also, I read "turnable" as well. And it didn't register as "that word doesn't exist", I mean people add "-able" to whatever they want these days.

It's awesome that the swears are unbleepable, by the way!
  • edited November 2010
    I am super excited for this game. Now, off to show the trailer to all my roommates!
  • edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »
    I want to know, will the Dangeresque, Too? glasses be a misc item?
    Repost in the hope of an answer.
  • edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »
    Repost in the hope of an answer.

Most Likely
    My question.
    If you already have a Lugermorph and win it in the game, will I get another one to trade, a lot of people will pay well for one.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.